V1.1.4.1 Item Tuning

If you don’t agree about RR… then optimization of items it is.

• Stormserpent is a turd and does not support lightning trickster in any meaningful way. It needs a serious, meaty set.

• Saboteurs and Dervishes eat literal bread crumbs from the table - they use the same sets, like Rime, like Deathmark, like Justicar. Which have no support for them and you have to go out ways to make a build based on these.

Now for some other things.

• Rah’Zin and the biggest DA problem of the century. As an example, chaos EOR barely can get 2700 DA. Please, man, you already nerfed flat chaos on it and reworked Abomination, there is absolutely no need to torture Rah’Zin further, ESPECIALLY with all the buffs mobs are getting.

• Add support for Fire Kalastor on Infernal Knight. Basically, it comes to terms that only Runebinder has Kalastor support and it’s a mono set. Infernal Knight, as a tri-support class set would fit Fire Kalastor like a glove. It was only Hagarrad throughout the year, as in Chillwhisper, it’s time to do something for it’s less known brother.
    While we are at it, Infernal Knight needs resists… badly. Bleed, Pierce, Aether… everything is very rough on this thing. And moreover - DA. My Shieldbreaker can’t even get 2800 normally on this thing and again, with all the buffs mobs are getting this is goign to hurt a lot. Next, maybe a bit more physical resists - it wouldn’t hurt, the set needs defensive stats. And finally, some more love for Judgment on it too, since BWC is taking all the glory here with the item support.

Build for comparison - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeobLd2
Get some Herald and voila, BWC reigns supreme, Judgment can really use something here.

All this talk of Lightning Trickster and Fire Sabo and meanwhile I’m continuing to wait for over three years for Lightning Sabo to work since Stormhearts were gutted.

Almost makes me want to dust off the (7-piece) custom set I was modding in for it…shame item art is so time-consuming.

It was the previous patch (right after the AAR change), and it lost 20% lightning to aether conversion.

Fleshwarped Tome provided an alternative route to building aether AAR focusing on max damage by giving up on all the advantages of full Clairvoyant but eliminating its biggest disadvantage - the protective 100% lightning to vitality on the helmet.

In the vacuum, Fleshwarped Tome is still good. But in the light that you gotta give up on full Clairvoyant and Pulsing Shard for it, the nerf was too harsh.

Also, I FORGOT TO MENTION, revert Anasteria helmet nerf and even buff this item. Outcast Secret is a purple MI that blocks 95% sets in the game. It’s always been strong. It’s never been nerfed. Not even when 2.4k da Agrivixes were doing 4:45 in Crucible. It’s been untouchable and should have stayed so. But it was nerfed post FG, when hardly any aether build, even crazy overtuned offensively, could cross the 6 minute treshold.

1 Like

Ok for an auto-attack skill to valdun set, but make it 100% pass-through all enemies, please ?

That… Won’t turn out well. Crate would have to nerf that autoattack (or valdun itself) a lot for the pass through to remain. Look at how none of the items with pass through are good right now.

For the sake of consistency with all other belts with conversion on them, how about bumping Blazeseer Girdle to 50% conversion?

Also seconding this.

Gottcha! 1.1.3 it got 30% conversion from having 50% before :slight_smile: thanks for clarifying

Thx, I just wanted to write that I strongly agree with @thejabrixone, @mad_lee and @x1x1x1x2 on this one.
It would be fine to add some -fire or -lightning RR as skill mods for VoS on items though imo.

You got us good :smile:

1 Like

I like that idea. The current rifle granted skill can be removed. The current set completion bonus granted skill could be moved to the rifle and then the new complete set bonus would be piercing rounds auto attack replacer.

Any elemental RR without sufficient nerfs to existing Arcanist buffs would break it to the hyperspace.

Consider adding pierce or physical RR, though, Empyrion knows, Battlemages need it.

The RR and conversion are a good suggestion. Total speed is too much, however, I would settle for some AS first.

Mythical Shard of Asterkarn: I think this weapon can do with replacing the cold resistance with elemental or something else and a bonus to frostburn duration. Also I would like to see shadow strike support on it with skill modifiers. I think that will enable a hit and run style that will work well with a disengage rune for spellbreaker/trickster.

make it support Cold AAR!!!

1 Like
Notes on Iskandra (brief)

I feel the global 75% aether to elemental conversion is too generous, and a more interesting way to complement TSS could be found. Are things like this considered kosher for Iskandra?

If so, move along. If not, consider reducing the conversion to ~30–50%. It’s not exactly hard to find some elsewhere.

Notes on Allagast (long)

The update was a solid step in the right direction (combined set and Arcanist buffs), although Vindicator and Purifier remain measurably better than MH (don’t know about Apostate). As for complaints, it might be that the cumulative storm box nerfs were a bit heavy handed, but that’s about it.

I still feel the whole “temporary boosters” theme should find a happier home and I’d like Allagast to receive a more focused revision in the longer run (1.1.5?). I’d love to see some nice Maiven’s modifiers: there’s a paucity of them and they’d be a better fit thematically.

Meanwhile, as to Allagast Mage Hunter specifically.

Performance:

• Lightning Allagast. Reasonable in Crucible (~7:15 with 3b + vb average), a bit on the slow side for something so fragile, but it relies on building away from the design: going full lightning and avoiding the aether component. (I consider this a bigger issue than performance.)
  • Wretched in SR 65 (and possibly earlier): just run and run until you are hit twice at the same time, or CC-ed. There’s no building this thing for safety.

The core issues that persist:

• It’s still a lot of glass and not much cannon.
  • It’s a bit short on skill points.
    Skill investment is spread thin. Too many things without bonuses are needed: Seal, MoE, Maiven’s and WoR for survivability, Death Sentence + Censure for RR, Overload for OA, Deadly Aim, one pointers here and there…
  • It’s still hard to go over +1600% aether damage and hard-cap TSS at the same time.
    Right now the best way to do Allagast “as intended” (I assume: TSS + Storm Box with tether) is to go full lightning and avoid the aether component.

I think the following “big” changes would have a great impact, backed up somewhat by experience with test mods:

• CDR really should be permanent.
    Dot-less TSS leans heavily on CDR, but a 10% bonus with at most 70% uptime is rather scant. The set used to support Star Pact, but Censure is now pretty much mandatory for both RR and damage reduction, so even if CDR were permanent, we wouldn’t really get past ~40%.
  • Some 20-25 flat RR to TSS would help a lot.
    A handful of nuke spells received the flat RR treatment: Doom Bolt, Reap Spirit, Devastation. Mixed aether/elemental Agrivix has a proc for it. I know Revenant is a thing and I’ve tried it, but it’s not a good fit for Allagast. Having flat RR on mixed aether/lightning TSS would allow Spear + Aeon + Ultos which is a perfect fit or nearly so. (There’s some envy here, as quite a few auto-attack builds received flat RR despite the fact that Revenant’s pretty much made for them already.)

Changes like the ones above may or may not fit in a patch release. Nudges like these, however, should fit if desired:

• 4-10% physical resistance.
    It’s an almost standard caster treatment nowadays, isn’t it?
  • Bump the OA bonus.
    TSS builds are rather OA-dependant and Allagast leans even more heavily on Shattered Star.
  • Bump elemental resistance on the shoulders.
    Aether-leaning setups seem to rely on Seal for capping elemental, which is hardly ideal for a squishy caster.
  • Chaos resistance can be removed from the 3-piece bonus.
    It can be found in Word of Renewal and many supporting items for Allagast MH. Most of the setups I’ve come up with or seen in these fora have over ~40% overcap.
  • +% aether damage to Deadly Aim
    As mentioned, TSS Allagast struggles with aether damage.

Allagast and supporting items

I don’t know how these changes would impact other builds, but here’s some notes and possible improvements to items that are often paired with Allagast:

• Can Gildam Arcanum Commendation lose the attribute requirement reduction and gain some OA/DA/general utility?
  • Is adding aether damage to the Coven Sky Seal out of the question?
    I realize it’s a stretch, given that it’s already a very solid ring, but even so…
  • Can the chaos resistance in Purging Touch be replaced with something else?

Man, this joke just flew over everyone, sadly.

Oh thank heavens…

2 Likes

Probably because he’s used it before - old news. :wink:

Sigh, advocating to nerf iskandra when I’m just finished solving the puzzle?
The build is not just stormbox+imp. That combo only will not get you crazy time in cruci. Also tri-elemental build is not that easy to pull of, pareto.

If this make crate nerf inquisitor again, I will seriously make riot.

1 Like

I have a build that dispells that notion I plan on posting soon

Well played Zantai, Well played.

Would you consider giving Infernal Brimstone % Physical Damage to Fire conversion?

It was omitted from the last round of changes, and its focused towards a pure fire damage build. I don’t see any physical builds using it for elemental -> physical, so giving it conversion would pump up its efficiency towards its main focus.

Sounds like the opposite of something needing to be nerfed.

1 Like