V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

Dude, I can also read the mods, thanks. Lightning is the strongest damage in the game, have you seen at least one top-tier Raka’Jax build? I know what it’s aimed at, but nobody is ever going to build around it, unless you add either attack speed or CDR to it.

If I want a caster I will pick up off-hand 10 times out of 10, stacking dots or not.

1 Like

I think CDR on Raka’Jax, not necessarly 19% though, would make it more appealing.

4 Likes

Just making sure you understood what the weapon is designed for when you start comparing it to options that are clearly designed for transmuted primal Strike with the mentions/suggestion of giving it attack speed :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

Yeah, thanks, I am known to have troubles understanding how endgame items work!

1 Like

I think what rakajax needs instead of CDR is to change the 30% WD on it to something like 30% TDM to PS, or even 50%.

what i’ve been wanting to experiment is a raka’jaxx + CT nuker

P.S: I would also suggest removing the mods to SBoE on the weapon for either +2 to arcanist or +2 to inquisitor

no one is going to use this weapon for SBoE because of allagast

3 Likes

Oi, that’s exactly what I am using RakaJax a combined with LD set :smile:

Build is already great but CDR will make it crazy.

2 Likes

i remember that build now that you mentioned it. you should try it with allagast scepter + sboe MI offhand

E: Just remembered…no PS without 2H :rofl:

1 Like

Hmmm. Didn’t realize that everything needed to be top tier to be fun.

Of course we have lower standards as a group then most. We don’t play crucible and target SR 65-66 for absolute speed/safety while maintaining meme’ness.

The x bow is fine for those purposes

If I am not mistaken someone in our group made a build that works in those regards. I think he went vindicator forgoing AoC for SCP/EotS relic while using other gear for the -res, huge crit dmg and relies on piloting and life/sec to survive. Certainly not optimal but to each their own.

I’ll ask how far he went in SR with it but the data won’t be accurate by others standards as we use consumables and shrines if we find them but I am sure he passed 75 with timer intact.

Wanted to add another request. Crafting of magic rings that have some innate stats in them like gloves and boots for a suitable alternative to MI rings.

Currently the crafting of rings is perfect cost wise, the stats are much improved and allow for some really fun stuff. It would be nice to have an alternative if a MI ring won’t drop with decent stats.

1 Like

Also, I think rings amd amulets are the only slots without a crafted yellow a la stoneplate. Would be great if we have those

1 Like

You’re taking page from Ya’s book, Allagast PS :smile:

My build is caster with PS for nuke skill. Shorter CD will mean more casts, totems and devils. Actually build is similar to Stormreaver one, except you don’t care about attack speed.

1 Like

And Helmet, and Chest, and Shoulders…

1 Like

I’ve already asked for this in a previous thread, but it would be great if Soulthief got an Empowered/Mythical version.
I know it’s kind of a niche build but there’s barely any weapon an elemental melee character can equip at maximum level and I often have to resort to bashing skulls with caster weapons.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s basically what I’m playing, using 3p LD and 2p Ludrigan. I wouldn’t call it top tier but it can reliably farm SR 65 (and probably 75 but I haven’t bothered running the shards) and that’s good enough to me.
This item already got buffed a few times and I think it’s decent as it is. For any further change I’d want to see the bonus flat Lightning damage changed to Electrocute at most.

Not an item but something that I’ve been thinking for a while is: the bloated worm unique boss in SR has very low HP, especially when compared to something like Seeker of the Damned.
I thought its HP could get a significant boost while the latter could use a small decrease.

2 Likes

I’d be OK with both of these changes. Flat, variable Electrocute + 10% CDR would sit fine with me, and/or the return of the proc from the nonmythical version.

3 Likes

I would like to point out that currently The Mageslayer Set not used for its intended purpose

and this is not surprising

Let’s see one of the new FG’s Sets Pyran’s Ruminations

Each item have

% Elemental Damage
% Burn Damage
% Frostburn Damage
% Electrocute Damage

Bonus on set also give the same
Set have a lot of OA and even 4% Physical Resistance
This Set for Mortar Trap and gameplay is Hit’n’Run

What have The Mageslayer Set?

% Elemental Damage on each item
% Burn Damage % Frostburn Damage % Electrocute Damage NOT on each item
Bonuses on set don’t give DOT damage
0% Physical Resistance
Less OA by comparison with Pyran

This set is for FOI channeled skill
To use it we must stay at one place

ALSO FOI is DOT damage skill but set give much much less % DOT damage by comparison with Pyran

10 Likes

Can we have these?

With passthrough on both of course.

1 Like

Played a Raka’Jax build recently, it’s underwhelming compared to other electrocute builds. The weapon needs at least some CDR and flat electrocute dmg imo.

This + CDR would be nice.

Used this aswell. Build felt like sboE was actually the main dmg ability and PS its support. The weapon might need a better PS mod on top of cdr/flat electrocute.

Is it really compared to traditional electrocute caster Vindicators though?

It has not enough, +1 for (non nightblade) Mageslayer buffs.

3 Likes

Mythical Oathbearer
For support Soldier/Tactician needs change +2 to Fighting Spirit to +2/3 to Cadence because range pierce cadence hard overcapped. Mods duration to fighting spirit change to flat RR to Field Command (puri can still use conduit with flat rr to flashbangs). Also can increase % atack speed to 13-14%.

4 Likes

Mythical Decree of the Circle of Five

Bone Lance is frankly way too weak even with full conversion. It either needs more damage (get rid of the pierce damage for more physical or aether), or it needs an additional affect. I was thinking something like brimstone, with bone fragment effects could be cool.

9 Likes

Mythical Wyrmbone Mask

Please add 100% Pierce to Lightning conversion for Forcewave. It’s a gimmicky enough skill to play with (Lightning FW) with zero item support. At least give us full conversion.

EDIT: There is a Conduit for that apparently, so nvm that. Except maybe give some flat Lightning to Forcewave too.

1 Like