V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

So what you’re saying is change its supported skills to match something that actually functions? That fits with my feedback.

So what you’re saying is change its setup to match something that actually functions? That fits with my feedback.

2 Likes

Sorry to say but please don’t change the conversion to Chaos->Acid as it would screw my Pyromancer quite a bit.

What would you say to adding a second conversion alongside the existing Vit->Chaos? Like Elemental->Acid or Aether->Acid.

2 Likes

I also think Venomtongue is in a good spot now. Its main redeeming feature IS the conversion imho.

1 Like

No, I mean I’ve used venomtongue on acid RE specs. +3 to decay is really nice when you pair it with that green medal.

It’s even better now with shuroth rings!

It’s BiS for the chaos pyro. Hands down.

Be it darkblaze, or DB spam with BWC nuke as support.

I don’t think it’s really meant to support the OK

@Evil_Baka: I’m always open for more conversions, and that’s a great suggestion!

I’d personally love to see some pierce/acid conversion on it.

1 Like

I second Severed Faith being an actual great item. It’s also great for chaos AAR, even it doesn’t give bonuses to it. I’d say it’s the chaos equivalent of Fateweaver’s Rainment, a generic item that supports a few damage types.

1 Like

Non-pierce dmg type 1h Sword does not require Armor Piercing. It ’s just a loss of damage.

2 Likes

I agree. Especially now that Korvan Plating was updated to have the same kind of conversion, and +6 skills to the Drain Essence line. To make it feel better and veer away from overlapping on casting/Drain Essence, Heart of Yugol could use bonuses to skills that weapon-based vitality builds would use.

2 Likes

There are currently two legendary medals with any Cadence bonuses at all, and both have glaring issues with resists and damage, as well as not suiting the main Cadence damage types, pierce and physical.

• Badge of Mastery: requires you to get lucky with crafting, has paltry % damage and lacking resists. The main Cadence builds also have no trouble with getting Cadence to 26/16.
  • Mythical Mark of the Dreadblade: can be finagled as a physical medal, but has even worse resist issues. Even with +4% max res, 20% fire resistance and 20% vit is not worth giving up a medal slot for; it’s especially bad for physical Cadence, which tends to end up with stupidly high vit overcaps.

This leaves the Rylok Crest, which actually has good skill point bonuses and can get great resists, but it’s an MI, so good luck getting a good rare one. There are also two epics with decent cadence bonuses and resists, which makes it all the more baffling why the legendaries are so awful.

I’d suggest taking the Mythical Mark of Kalastor and swapping the forcewave bonus for fighting form or deadly momentum. Forcewave already has a superior option in the Sigil of the Bear King, and this would give a good generalist medal option to Cadence’s main archetype.

2 Likes

Although this is my first post I have been reading these forums nearly from the beginning.

Being a part of a very small community of what I would call meme players (since most of our builds are so unorthodox yet VERY effective) and it appears that we may be on the wind down of GDs development I was nominated to come here and offer some feed back. There may be more but there are 3 things in particular my group wanted to make known:

Corruptian: please don’t touch this item, in fact give better options to convert acid to phys

Other items we classify as meme (examples would be codex of truth for lightning judgment, etc) we, over all would like to see some sort of support weaved in to help boost these types of items. I realize this is very self serving for us but to make this builds work is like having angles singing and the lights of heaven shining on us if you know what I mean.

This brings us to the #1 reason this post was made and that was for Badge of Mastery. We adore this item. However the rng associated in getting a good one along with the cost is better then before but still abysmal.

As a test, one of us used GD stash and spawned materials to make them to roll one that she wanted. 6,517 tries latter she finally rolled a +5 PB. We play SF within our group but we decided to let her keep the item because she was so excited to finally have it.

Perhaps we misinterpreted the devs want to complete a build but in order to complete a lot of our builds…it just wouldn’t be possible.

Is there some way to limit the rng based on the masteries the character has? Decrease the material cost, or something that would enable a method to roll what we are looking for in perhaps 1/4 of the tries? 6k is sad

4 Likes

I never use Outcast Secret since Maw of the Damned is BiS for CT defensively but also - after the OS nerf - offensively. Spellgaze is now BiS for aether PRM. All other arcanist skills are best with full sets. OC from a viable alternative on many aether builds to empower Devastation at the cost of something else became a niche item for non-set Devastation.

It fits perfectly to SR set acid dervish as an alternative to one or even two Miseries. Could use some more ranks to something oathkeeper. Fervor or Path of the Three or Celestial Presence.

Imo this is one of the best weapons in the whole game. So this mod - in the face of all the Chillheart glory - is nothing more but an almost irrelevant nuisance. All it does is making proccing of Revenant a little bit more of a problem. Just removing it would be great for everyone. Not great. Just ok.

I used Warpfire on a Pyran. Should’ve been using Grim Fate all that time. 100% agree.

Should allow dual wielding like Korvaak or Direwolf.

Venomtongue is quite good now with double res. But the Black Death bonus could indeed be changed to something useful on the occultist side.Vulnerability? AotG?

6 Likes

Plz

make 1H ranged items for fire fervor

(now we have only for melee and 2H ranged)

2 Likes

I’d like to throw in Edge of Sanity. It’s pretty much flat outclassed by mythical mindwarp for aether melee.

Honestly I think the real problem here is that mindwarp is too strong- some of the bonuses on it should be moved to other aether melee equipment so different weapons can find purchase in builds. In particular if there were some melee aether rings or a belt that offered phys to aether so you have another way to find convert approaching 100% outside of 2xmindwarp.

Since that would require a lot more work though, I think Edge could use a number of buffs to try and catch up. Arcanist skills to Necromancer to start. Then maybe up the -% resist and increase the flat aether and attack speed to match mindwarp. While non-scepter 1h weapons don’t seem to get non physical base damage, it could also be made to be aether damage base. Then the convert wouldn’t matter quite as much. Might be able to work as a compliment weapon to the heart of marcell MI for a build using fleshwarped strikes and trying to maximize WPS. An independent buff idea is to perhaps convert non-phys (vit and or cold to aether).

I’d also like to +1 for mark of the dreadblade allowing dual wield.

4 Likes

I never use Spellscourge set because Melatonin does the same thing only better. (sleeping pills)

I never use The Pummeler because Warborn Gavel… doesn’t exactly do the same thing but works better on Octavius since The Pummeler nerfs, allowing for overall much better setups (with Spellscourge amulet for example). Mods on the Pummeler were about halved on the warlord nerf hype. Too much.

7 Likes

I would like to use this weapon https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9425 for my 2H Chaos Blade Arc Witchblade, but because it has no attack speed (which is an essential stat for melee characters, especially for two-handers) I have to use https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/13476 instead, not a good choice (lightning conversion, support of Doom Bolt - 1-pointer for Dying God proc, no + Soldier skills). Alternative is Obsidian Cleaver, which is a weaker variant of Juggernaut and supports Forcewave. Just adding % Attack Speed would be very nice and helpful. Thanks.

3 Likes

It fits very well into the SR set + double claw acid witch hunter.

I agree.

Its RR is pretty good, but I wouldn’t mind this getting a buff. I’m using it on a poison retal sentinel, which also could use a small buff dmg wise.

+1, I agree.

Interesting Idea, it definitely needs some change, I’ve not seen any build where it fits so far.

Attack speed would be nice. Oathkeeper got acid RF + smite WPS though, which is the same amount of WPS+default attack replacer a shaman has.

This should be the ranged amarastan crusher imo. We need more 0 CD ABB fun :smile:

Agree, the RoS mod is just useless. Maybe it’s supposed to be a penalty for using the weapon? :thinking:

+1, good ideas.

I, too, love the conversion on this item. It might need a buff of some kind nevertheless. Maybe some cc res?

Misery is for dervish and Mad Queen’s for WH (basically same build).

New suggestions:

1. Do something with the aetherwarped cleaver from Port Valbury. Currently its a 1h physical axe focusing on zolhan’s. That’s just completely useless, I’ve never seen nor theorycrafted any build where it would fit properly. It says “aetherwarped”, so how about making it e.g. an aether blade arc weapon for Deathknights? Could be good with some +aether damage and 100% phys to aether conversion combined and be combined with Krieg set.

2. Give Ilgorr from SoT a MI. Ilgorr gets skipped too much and he’s a sad gargantuan cuz of that. Some spiky shoulders or another belt would be neat!

3. With how great ancient grove and tomb of the heretic are and even port valbury (the former most hated dungeon of GD) being worth to run thx to the the watcher belts, BoC feels very tedious (mostly due to all those clickable obsidian barriers) and unexciting to run. It literally has 0 dungeon specific MI apart from worldeater (and the useless blue version). My suggestion: give the lightning tyrant (last boss) of level 1 of BoC (post skeleton key door) a MI and the purple duplicating guy in level 2 a MI (a dagger would fit nicely here) and/or remove most of the obsidian barriers in BoC.

5 Likes

Pretty sure MQC dervish eats witch hunter for breakfast and around lunchtime gets constipated from all the witch hunter memeness. :person_fencing:

1 Like

You are not wrong, my wording was a bit off. I meant to say that MQC is also good on WH, whereas Misery is pretty terrible for WH. Both are good for Dervish, I agree. I wouldn’t mind Misery’s BoD mod being put on MQC instead. The grasping vines part, which wouldn’t mind a buff, seems only decent for archon anyway, so there’s no reason for misery to support Occultist anyway.

2 Likes

That’s correct. Therefore, both should be diversify. MQC could use a few ranks in oathkeeper, and there’s no reason why Misery shouldn’t give +1 to occultist as well (instead of +2 to BoD)

What would be really good for witch hunter, though, is to have an item with an aa replacer like Beronath Fury but for acid. Could be a set: MQ Left Claw and MQ Right Claw. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes
  • Crown of the Winter King - It conflicts with three of the pet sets, it doesn’t really synergize with Bysmiel’s (might be cool if it did, 100% Lightning to Cold?), and Necrolords Gaze or Circlet of the Great Serpent make much more sense on Ghol.

• Every single legendary pet shoulder gets used.

• Fiendmaster Rainment - It gets used a little, but definitely the least of the bunch. Bonuses look tempting on paper, but only Bysmiel’s build even really have the choice to use it and you’re often better off taking Beastcaller’s or Necrolord’s.

• Mythical Aethereach - Not sure this really counts as a pet item. I use it on rare occasions for the +2 Reap Spirit to reach 23/16 but it’s really the last resort.

• Touch of the Everliving Grove - This is just outclassed by everything else. The pet defensive bonuses aren’t hugely relevant, pet Vitality resistance is one of the easier resistances to cover. If the proc healed an area, or if the gloves had something like pet Pierce or Bleed they’d be attractive on far more occasions (aether or chaos would be nice too, elemental would make them BiS for many pet builds).

• Nosferattis - I’ve seen a few people using it, but I always find it far too difficult to cover pet pierce resistance without a different belt. Otherwise I think it’s fine.

• Deathwalker’s Grace - The broader damage absorption and better offensive bonuses on Fiendflesh Greaves make me only use Deathwalkers if I can’t hit 23/16 Reap Spirit otherwise. It’s never my first choice.

• Ravager’s Bite - Pet vitality builds are weak to begin with, Ritualists more so than Cabalists, and on pet builds you almost always needs your hands for +skills, damage conversion, or Lost Souls set.

• Bysmiel’s Grasp - Severely outclassed by Bysmiel’s Mindweaver. Limiting the conversion to Briarthorn without the bigger damage dealer - Primal Spirit - leaves you needing to either get full conversion elsewhere, or split your damage which is generally less effective. Cold isn’t particularly distinct from Elemental as far as pet builds are concerned.

• Plaguebearer of Dreeg - Builds using Blight Fiends generally have an easy time capping the skill and this offers no other useful skill bonuses to pets. I’ve never noticed any difference from the RR, and it lacks both pet resistance and conversion that alternate hand choices offer.

• Vielpiercer - Conflicts with Lost Souls. Most other skeleton builds use 2H weapons, and hellhound builds don’t exist. The aether resistance isn’t as useful to Conjurer’s anymore thanks to Oak Skin, and the RR is significantly less than what devotion sources offer.

• Dracarris - Conflicts with the Hellhound set (which forces vitality anyway). Hellhounds are pretty much irrelevant. Whiching Hour is better for chaos/fire pet builds, and this slot is otherwise needed for conversion or skill bonuses.

• Spark of Ultos - Completely outclassed by Bysmiel’s Mindweaver

• Pet offhands - All of them. Cataclysm’s Eye is almost always the best choice because it has awesome resistances and pet builds are super thirsty for skill-point and CDR.

• Occulent - Could be cute on a Ghol Cabalist but it’s not an option if you’re using Unstable Anomaly because you want the CDR.

• Bane of the Winter King - Lack of CDR has a huge uptime hit to Primal Spirit. If it had CDR, or maybe cold RR to Wind Devil, or convert Lightning to Cold I could see it being conpetitive in some builds.

• Guardian of Death’s Gate - Vitality skeleton builds are usually better off with Lost Souls. The lack of general CDR is quite harmful for pet builds, and Witching Hour is usually the better options for pet 2H.

• Ring of Khonsar - Bonuses are interesting, but it conflicts with Bysmiel’s where the Lightning to Fire conversion would be most interesting. The Chaos to Fire would be more interesting it the ring bonused Hellfire instead of Storm Spirit. Otherwise, Glpyh of Kelphat’Zoth and Bysmiel’s Rings seem better for pet elemental builds, and there aren’t enough fire specific bonuses to make fire different from elemental.

• Will of Bysmiel - Familair builds use Bysmiel’s set, and all other pet builds prefer +skills. I think I saw someone else suggest adding the passthrough from the Conduit to this. I’d support that, it would give this a relevant place on Beastcaller’s builds. Or conversion or more skills.

• Heart of the Sand King - This would be great if bleed was more effective on pets.

• Rotdinker Crest - Conflicts with both Bysmiel’s and with Ghol’s so it doesn’t have much of a use case.

• Mark of Bloody Ends - Interesting skill bonuses but it conflicts with both Ghol and Beastcaller’s, and bleed is not generally effective on pets, especially outside of Beastcaller Conjurers.

• The Overseer - Conflicts with Beastcaller’s and Bysmiel’s, and outclassed by Mark of Unlife for Lost Souls builds.

Edit: Oh, also almost every item in the game that doesn’t have pet bonuses. I think these should all be fixed or removed from the game.

5 Likes

For me, I want Morguul Mortality to have acid damage as it base instead of vitality, or make it deal both vitality and acid damage

1 Like