V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

reactionimg69

2 Likes

Ah, Ceno, you are the best Praetorian to quote me ignoring the context

Back on topic, ladies.

2 Likes

Needing luck and patience just to finish a run is contradictory with being able to “farm” it.

You can ask me about endgame meta and how it works anywhere else tho.

1 Like

What a relief. I’ll be sure to call.

8 Likes

@Zantai:
Quite right. I won´t suggest anything here what is considered fine (and I don´t see any problems, too).

Doing SR 80 with 5 min left without any problems doesn´t scream #Deadbuild. The only thing I would probably want to see a little bit buffed are the skill modfiers on Bloodsong. 60 Bleeding/s on a 20 % WPS is quite low. I think it was 100/s before nerf, so possibly something around 80.

Which reminds me.

Mythical Zantai’s Malakor’s Infusion

This item was nerfed quite a bit since its rework back in AoM. Can it have some meaningful Cadence mod, please? Like extra target or extra flat? Malakor’s Tactician is a very week melee class because it has no items support and Cadence transmutor is pretty weak.

Mythical Herald of Amatok

Competes with Chillwhisper set and is a weaker option if you decided to dual-wield wearing Chillwhisper. Item looks cool but currently has no use in endgame. It could use either attack speed or some meaningful mod like rr to Night’s Chill. Blitz mod is almost useless.

Y’all really want extra targets on Cadence, huh?

I can tell you beyond the shadow of a doubt you’ll never see it on anything short of a 2H weapon, and even then, I wouldn’t bet on it. That shit just ain’t balanced.

Agreed with Amatok. Could use a bump.

If it competes with Chillwhisper and is worse than it here, doesn’t it make more sense to leave Chillwhisper to it’s own niche and focus on buffing what Amatok does that no other item does which is S&B Cold Blitz.

To that end, I’d propose changing the +1 Arcanist to something else like +1 Nightblade and adding a bit of flat CDR like -0.2 or 0.3s. Could be interesting if M. Gravetouch got some Blitz modifiers to go alongside it in place of some of the existing ones (like the Drain Essence ones for instance).

1 Like

I’m playing a caster Reaper with Chillwhisper set, using Drain Essence. Gravetouch losing its Drain Essence mods would hurt this setup. Was going to make a post about shield adjustments to that would help this setup (since it has both rr and defensive weaknesses even with the shield).

I was under the impression Chillwhisper builds used Grasp of the Dead and never touched Gravetouch? Could be my memory was off.

Yeah, that could be good. Or at least a +3 to Blitz / Blindside or something. Cold Blitz has a decent few items to its name now, and having a legendary shield of its own to round things off would be nice.

It’d also give Myth Gravetouch an actual shield skill to support, instead of just being a tankier option for a bunch of non-shield-related skills.

I completely like the way you’re claiming that skill with almost ZERO aoe (except pathetic 3 targets) should become OP if we add +2 targets to it.
Let me clear: Ele cadence tactician is a slow, poor-on-rr build that is even slower than Phys Cadence DK. But as it is not slower than 10 mins, think you’d consider it’s in a perfect shape.
Note 2: let me remind you of pierce BM/tactician with 2 Reaver’s claws. I doubt smb ever sad they’re OP, even if the have 5 targets on Cadence!
Note 3: Cadence is used by very little number of players, as it’s far behind Blade Arc. See no reason why it can’t get buffed.

1 Like

Add cadence modifier with cone aoe to cadence pls…

3 Likes

I am still tilted at how dual Reaver’s Claws SR BM makes Belgo BM a bit irrelevant. So if not extra targets, at least some big damage mod to make Zantai’s Malakor’s Tactician somewhat relevant. Maybe even a wps or something.

Than it definitely needs flat cdr and some Night’s Chill RR mod (as well as attack speed to fill pauses between Blitzes with Cadence swings). Good idea about synergizing it with Gravetouch.

yeah it is an option but i’d rather have more options than less options so why giving up on bloodrender? It could just be buffed to decency.

1 Like

How about remaking Herald of Amatok and Gravetouch for Cold Retaliation?
Crest of Winter Fortitude is also a good combination with Blitz mod.

1 Like

My two cents about items I have never used or are outclassed, start with off-hands.

Hellscourge I think it can support better fire sigil. +1 to Occultist will not break the balance.

Mythical Consumption of Agrivix I like the item design but for non retaliation CT build it’s just outclassed. No Arcanist class bonus, no cast speed or proc.

Mythical Tone of Names In world where Invoker exists, it’s hard to justify using it. RR proc is sweet but item can have different focus perhaps.

1 Like

EDIT:

Just saw Sigatrev’s post up above…
Realized I have nothing further to add…

So, all of those.

Saw Ya’s mention of Relics. Want to add in Primal Instinct for potential buffs since atleast personally, I see no reason to use it over Bysmiel’s Domination, Dirge of Arkovia or Mogdrogen’s Ardor on Pet builds.

The Swarmlings from Primal Instinct are still too slow and die too easily to AoE.

My personal suggestion for them will be to make the pets invulnerable. Damage or number of pets can be reduced if needed.

2 Likes