V1.1.6.0 Itemization Discussion

Titan Pauldrons are good as they are. Great defensive item which can be used on 2h Trickster or even with 3 pc LD. Extra skillpoints never hurt, and acid&pierce res are more important than life reduction, imo.

acid/pierce resist part means not a deletion but a move to the base bonus.
The only skill bonus that matches the theme is the Brute Force. Other bonuses are not wasted, but there is no synergy with 2h.
And life reduction is very rare and powerful. I think it is worth the price to lose the skill bonus. Also, changing from Phys to All dmg is a buff for non-physical 2h builds.

You’re not going to get speed and cooldown reduction on the same item, and I’d much rather have the cooldown reduction for Shadow Strike and Bone Harvest. Speaking of Bone Harvest though… I could definitely use the Pierce to Cold and +skill points though :wink:

Some weapons have both (like Ultos’ Stormseeker) but it’s incredibly rare for good reason. And frankly, I wouldn’t want to see Soulrend get any speed either as it’ll get pushed over the edge on useful stats it has which as of now are:

• Offensive ability.
  • Crit damage.
  • ADCtH.
  • CDR.
  • +2 to Nightblade/Necromancer.
  • Conversion.

Attack/Cast speed is one of the things that sets Bane of the Winter King apart from Soulrend for 2-handed Cold melee/casters and I think it should stay that way.

2 Likes

it’s possible to get both, it’s just rare.

nightshade’s reach is an example which comes to mind.

EDIT: Lol! Should’ve kept my mouth shut since baka stole the words right outta my mouth

P.S: I too would like to see %all damage on titan pauldrons

3 Likes

Yes, I realized it myself later when I remembered I had a character with Temporal Arcblade, which has both. I’m afraid I don’t have the stats of every item memorized, as much as I try.

Attack speed doesn’t help Bone Harvest or Shadow Strike though, which is all I care about. Soulrend is fine as is.

moar Bone Harvest plz

I am far from knowledgeable about this topic, unlike many of you. But i was trying to make a sorcerer harra build in grimtools the other day. And outside of harra’s set itself, the support for Cold Stun Jacks and Callidor’s Tempest is almost nonexistant.
Is there any items that can be changed/updated to support these skills when changed to cold?

2 Likes

gt cold PRM (with 3 bonus %phys to craft)

1. I use invoker’s ring and blue shoulders for overcapped Distortion.It would be great if the developers gave +2/3 to Distortion to Mythical Band of the Eternal Haunt or Heart of Malmouth (instead Proliferation).
  2. I’m not use Leviathan devotions because it deals less damage than Amatok and less stats (OA/DA). Give Leviathan 20/25 OA to 2/4 nod and increase frostburn damage on proc to 450-500 over 2 seconds.

Mythical Cortosian Scrolls damage on proc the same that on non mythical version.

2 Likes

item legends, add bonuses to the devoition skill

I posted cold Spellbreaker with Callidor Tempest. It’s not hard to cap the skill even without much support from gear. Now Stun Jacks is different and more difficult. Plus spamming SJ Saboteur or Sorc is so weird. And all items that support the skill are just lightning.

I think they should support both cold/lightning damage.

I remember Wraithwalkers and Band of Eternal Haunt specifically having cold CT support, and a new Magi ring helps Stun Jacks. That is more support than most converted element builds get. I think the set’s problems stem elsewhere.

I don’t think this is entirely true.

Pyran, barrelsmith, TSS are some examples of conversion-based elemental specs.

All are lightyears ahead of harra

1 Like

Fixed in the next update. In the future, just report that as a bug. Thanks!

2 Likes

Because they are light builds. :rofl:

Now cold casters are different animals. They are not hot. Unless you are Plasmodermic or you put big 2H weapon like the CT Breaker build. I want to see good caster Saboteur - Stun Jacks, Grenado or PB/Jacks.

TSS can be done tri-elemental. PRM dual elemental or cold. Mortars can be done as fire

Agreed.

Dare I say that they are… GLACIAL in their speed?

Buh dum tss

1 Like

Well the skills Pyran’s uses already had base fire damage. Grenado and Canister Bomb have lightning conversion in the mastery itself so it’s no surprise. If you look at Trozan’s set though, there’s no cold/lightning support for Sigil of Consumption outside of it.

Fire Forcewave doesn’t get specific fire support, does it? It still works well.

1 Like

I see what you mean now.

I don’t think the issue lies with the innate damage type of the skill-line being used.

Becuase it doesn’t matter what the base damage type of the skill is, so long as it is converted to a type supported by gear/mastery choices.

Ditto for CB, 'nado, and TSS which can all be done using more than one damage type, fire/lightning/dual, but not cold. (TSS is the exception here but it requires crazy greens)

The problem with cold casters lie predominantly with the demolitionist class imo. e.g. harra CT breaker and harra PB infil work fine (not great).

and this is because the demolitionist does not provide cold support outside of RR, and offers no real utility like racial damage bonus, or resistances.

the caster archetype which is the cold saboteur suffers even more because your only source of %cold damage from these 2 masteries are:

• lethal assault: which you don’t want to rely on as a squishy caster
  • merciless repertoire and elemental awakening: Which you don’t have the skill points to invest heavily in

add to the fact that cold damage is one of the most heavily resisted damage types, and you’e got no really powerful options for your item slots and you’ve got yourself a problem

in other words, you are forced to choose between valuable stats to compensate for the lack of damage, or item-granted skill mods.

other elemental damage types are able to pick items which offer both

1 Like

I’m just saying that it means there is naturally more gear to support fire mortar trap.

Good assessment of cold casters. Topically for this thread, I guess Chains of Nightfire could use OA and/or DA to help with this.

1 Like

I concur. I think we may both be in agreement here :stuck_out_tongue:

But for the sake of thoroughness… medal of calamitous ends does an excellent job in supporting fire mortar, and the crafter is free from making any sacrifices.

Not many items can be said to do the same for the cold-based demo using the harra set

1 Like

Topic got already many replies, so i didnt read them all, but:

Mythical Earthsplitter - Still weak stats, lack of Offensive Ability, list of better weapons: Mythical Beronath, Reforged, Mythical Gavel of Ravenous Souls, Targo’s Mallet, Totally Normal Shield and many others.

1 Like