V1.1.9.0 pre-bitching discussion

If I’m going to bitch about the new sets, this thread is as good of a place to do it as any:

Regarding the Ember Set:

1. Not only is there no %Phys. Resistance, there’s no Slow resistance or tertiary resistances of any kind. If you’re trying to play either melee or caster, tertiary resistances are at least as important as Physical resistance, and considering neither Demo nor Nightblade are known for their resistances, the primary resistances could use a buff as well.
  2. I hope the devs are looking at the pool of Elemental + Fire gear available, as the only gear that benefits that damage type + Occultist skills are blocked by the set itself. Considering DEE is a 4-node skill, it’s a huge investment with not much being given in terms of skill bonuses.
  3. The set blocks both the medal as well as the head slot, so there’s practically no chance of playing DW Fire Strike Melee except if you’re playing it with Nightblade (no DW Pryos allowed for this set).

Regarding Goredrinker’s Set:

1. I’m betting anything the Fire to Piercing was so that we’d forget about the Nadaan’s Sword where the Elemental to Piercing conversion was changed into… whatever you want to call it.
  2. It’d be nice to see more points to the WoP line that isn’t Death Sentence. It’s very hard to get points in Word of Agony and the best options we have are also blocked by the set.

Regarding Veilkeeper’s Set:

1. The Shaman side is all sorts of WTF: you have 9 bonus points to Upheaval and 0 points to anything else (outside the standard +1 to Shaman skills). Why not -Aether RR to Wind Devil for more synergy with the Aether Wind Devil off-hand? Casters would kill to have that sort of regen.
  2. What’s with the forced double types (Aether + Lightning) for WPS skills? Especially as both Shaman & Arcanist have MI belts that convert 50% of Vitality to Lightning or Aether, respectively.
  3. It doesn’t look like you can do anything cool with the Cold to Aether conversion, at least devotion wise (maybe Aether Blizzard proc, but that’s it)? Same as with Fire to Piercing, what’s the point of conversions if the only purpose of them is either more flat or converting a skill or two?

I’m sure I’m going to be wowed by the patch notes, but I’d like to at least get these complaints out there.

2 Likes

I think the idea of the set is to simply ignore the last 2 nodes since it only boosts the first 2, and adds an insane 33% damage boost, perhaps an hint as to focus on weapon damage and DoT, and to mix other skills with the skill points you save (like canister, since the weapons and amulet are free)

The fire conversion could be used to convert Light of Empyrion, but it’s extremely gimmicky and damage reduction is easily accessed by 2 supported masteries of the set :thinking:
Honestly just ask for 100% ele>pierce on WoP, the point of the fire>pierce on the set is to skip the usual and boring global ele>pierce gear pieces, and total conversion for a weak skill on a full set is far from OP.

I thought that clear logic and argumentations were fobidden on this forum. How could you!

2 Likes

Actually on the matter of phys resist; Ember’s Calling is luckier since 2/3 of supported classes has phys resistance. In other two sets it’s 1/3 so when you choose to make a build with 2 classes doesn’t have phys resist you will be damned to get one-shotted. With Sabo it surely be a problem yes but if you’re making a proper DW Sabo build skill bonusses or modifiers on FS line is more important than phys resist and this set doesn’t give any points to those skills but atleast helmets gives +1 to both classes.

I actually want some Fire WPS modifier support instead of FS modifiers that everyone else wants. Fire AQC or Belgothian Shears or maybe even Execution.

DW Fire Pyro doesn’t need this set, 2x Blazeheart + 3 Piece Justicar + Obsidian Grasp is more than enough to get a decent result, just fill the blanks.

The entire point of the set is auto-attacking, nothing about it says or screams “caster”. There’s nothing stopping someone using it or pieces of it on a caster but I wouldn’t expect it to synergize with or hint at/be designed to synergize with items like Scion of Celestial Portents.

No strong feelings one way or another to the set getting Aether RR on Wind Devil/in Shaman somewhere. Would be nice but I don’t think it’s required.

I’m willing to bet it’s so Aether and Lightning builds get some use out of the WPS. I can see possibilities for both sides working with the set instead of it leaning to one side or the other.

Soul Harvest becomes an easy source of flat Aether. If going Spellbinder, slapping on a Chains of Ygaad for 50% Vitality->Aether conversion makes it sweeter.

Again echoing the above: it’s a set for auto-attacking and WPS, flat damage is primary to it. Maybe someone could do something interesting with the conversion elsewhere but that isn’t the reason that it’s been included.

Definitely +1 to buffing early game Item granted Pets. And glad to see them getting attention.

I would echo @iOnlyPlayPetBuilds’s statement regarding the good old Ghost Crab from Hysteria too, as it is on a similar level compared to Savage relic’s Hound.

Also, definitely happy to hear Blightshard getting some love :blush:

Pack of deadly memes, Blademaster talisman both cry in a corner

What? Nadaan sword never had elemental to pierce conversion. Literally never had it.

Patch 1.1.7.2.

2 Likes

Never really had that and it’s 1.1.7.1

It’s a set where a big benefit is extended time on Arcane Will (and its good All Damage% Bonus), huge health regen, the resists are fairly good on the set, and - most importantly - keeps both weapon slots & the amulet slot open. There a lot you can do assuming you can get enough synergy with the above.

As already mentioned above, there already is a set for auto-attacking Shamans with huge Health regen: it’s called Avenger’s. Besides, if you’re going to take the Shaman route, you have to place points in roughly 14 skills (more than Avengers since you have to use Wind Devil for the Lightning RR); obviously some skills can be used as a one-pointer (Wind Devil sans Raging Tempest), but without additional Shaman points, you’re going to hog up your entire pool before worrying about the other class.

Except options to convert Vitality to either Aether or Lightning are available to those who want to work either option. The forced double conversion just makes it a lot harder to synergize if you want to work with just one of those types; especially if you have other conversion options available and only want to use 1 or two of the set pieces.

As for the conversion options, conversion is a lot cooler when you can convert either high-level devotions or item procs to add that special flavor to your build. Without that, there’s not much reason to use the set outside of its intended purpose. That’s the difference between a dull set and one like Bonemonger’s which had opened up a huge amount of possibilities for both Aether and Elemental damage.

It did have elemental to pierce, the loss of which prompted a topic to be created

1 Like

What are you talking about? The build I linked was my build. I know what the weapon had. The thread you linked had me commenting on it. It was never about Nadaan changing conversions. I’m pretty sure about it. I can’t just

about it

I don’t know what to tell you man, you’ve seen a pic and a topic referencing the change, and at least 3 people in this topic recall it having the conversion

1 Like

It is a consipracy, don’t belive them :smiley:

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with having multiple sets that support the same skills. As you pointed out as well in the same post - Veilwarden unlike Avenger has the weapon slot free so isn’t only restricted to 2-handed melee.

Not in full amounts for some conversions that you’d want for Reaping Strike/Necrotic Edge.

Lightning would get the short end of the stick if left as is, for example conversions for Vitality->Lightning and Cold–>Lightning that you’d want for both of Necro’s WPS are really scarce and either don’t get to 100% or use suboptimal pieces for an auto-attacker. Only Aether->Lightning is easy to get.

On the other hand, Vitality->Aether and Elemental->Aether are far more abundant.

The entire premise of the set itself is pretty interesting to me - to my knowledge we have never up to this point had any items that try to push Lightning Necromancer and Veilwarden attempts to do just that. That it also gives Aether Shaman combos like Ritualist a helping hand is a bonus.

1 Like

Yeah sadly it’s not available for DW melee, but DW ranged is still there with the Darkblaze gun, but if using that gun wasn’t it the same or better as using the whole Darkblaze set? The set seems to be used as CD caster Pyro or AA Sabo.

Regarding the skill point especially the Occultist part looks like there is not much of an option with only Phasbreaker and Exterminus that boost Occultist skill while still supporting the damage. In my personal opinion, the set is designed to be a caster so CD reduction is the sexier stat needed which is available from Grim Fate and Tome of Atonement both item combined can yield about 20% CDR, but those item also didn’t provide Occultist skill so the choice for Amulet, Belt, and Relic is more limited. The Occultist conduit also support the Chaos DEE so it can be combined with the Tome to be Fire-Chaos Hybrid DEE, the off-hand itself also partially convert Guardian Gaze devotion, so there is at least a bit of sustain in there together with the Vindictive Flame mod, the base energy regen looks ok with the setup below, this setup also the most + Pyro skill I think it can get: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkmnKRV

Welcome to the club, buddy.

7 Likes

nowadays, i check a new update when i first open my computer everyday. Iam quite eager to play new update, but it does not come. this is my first bitching point:)
secondly, can you put a little portal after maggot level of crate boss:) the road is taking too much time. I have 800 hours of gameplay, maybe i will succeed in killing him at 1000 hours mark.

Thank you for continous support of the game.

Ok, this doesn’t belong here but I saw Zantai here and just wanted to thank him and team for making this great game! Bought it with AoM and FG and can’t wait to play it. If by any chance new content comes I won’t hesitate to throw my money at it. Keep up the good work!

thumbsup

1 Like