V1.1.9.1 Discussion

A valid argument.

Counterpoint: these skills all needed it, much like SJ does, which you touch on in your second paragraph.

2 Likes

At a certain point, I just feel like if everything has a stat and has to have it, it’s more prudent to remove it from everything and just make it a baseline/easily accessible which is what Twin Fangs essentially is :man_shrugging:. But I guess that can’t really be done for ADCtH now.

I have successfully commandeered this thread, haven’t I?

Not against it conceptually, but I don’t think it’s likely. New items are not soon going to happen (if ever) and with them new conversions or procs are going to be hard to place.

E: Neat chaos SJ build btw. @Evil_Baka, obviously there’s no reason why you wouldn’t use Sigil in that build, but for comparing it to other forms of SJ how do you think your build would perform, survivability-wise, without it?

1 Like

It’d be tighter all around for sure, especially with regards to getting CC’ed as the main form of interrupting Twin Fangs ADCtH. Not just on survivability but for AoE/crowd clear they are an integral source. I’d almost compare it to Storm Totem + Wendigo Totem in terms of role on a Stun Jacks Elementalist but vastly prefer what Sigil does and how it does it to the Totem duo.

17 posts were split to a new topic: Health Regen Defense Discussion

Revert mortar fire rate or increase burn dmg on big one.

2 Likes

:point_up: that one

1 Like

Mortar dont have autohit like storm totem

Yes, that looks like the way the package is intended. Packs a good punch already with M. Obsidian Juggernaut. You have so many skills that I didn’t know what to do with them when I was quickly juggling the proposed build and plus Touch of Chaos AA is pretty powerful and makes BattleCry redundant (which I forgot)

Probably the 2H melee AS Chaos should be an Epic or some other weapon. M Obsidian is very overloaded and that 2H version with Obsidian looks equivalent to the DW chaos version for performance and defense, etc.

Please do not change fabius, he’s an actual threat now and there’s finally a reason to manually dodge his shadow strike.

Agreed, Evil_Baka already listed the reasons.

Don’t buff this, doing SR80 with debilitating mutators very easily. Also the absorb from Menhir’s Bulwark was a gamechanger.

so easy it can’t complete CR half of the time?

Doable even without the OP Crucible buffs and totems.

you do understand that last 20 waves of CR are much harder than sr80 even with all banners and buffs, right?

2 Likes

And I said you don’t even need the training wheels to “complete” Crucible. SR is still a suitable testing ground especially with the global buff to monsters at SR70+ and the Fabius changes.

pepeClown

ill post this one again, have no problems repeating same things

You can post a problem that’s unspecific to the build all you want.

As much as I also greatly dislike the concept of giving everything ADCTH, it’s also true that it’s really difficult to balance getting enough damage with the following for defenses:

• Covering for 9 Resistances
  • Covering for secondary resistances as well (not 80%, but still enough to have your gameplay not slow to a crawl)
  • Getting enough Armor + Physical resistance to cover for Physical hits (which could go up to 15,000 DPS all by itself)
  • Sustaining Mana to cast without having to be interrupted all the time
  • Sustaining enough regen to counter DoT’s at the very least, much less direct hits.
  • Covering for OA (for offense) and DA (for Crit Avoidance)

Case in point: I made a DEE Sentinel after grey-maybe made his DEE Sentinel with 4,500% Acid damage. Between an average of 18K Weapon Damage, 2 mobility skills, two direct healing skills (with Blood of Dreeg at 26/16), Ascension providing a whole bunch of damage absorption, and Apothecary and Abominable Might providing a whole bunch of Health Regen, all with 40% CDR (impossible for all but a few Oathkeeper or Arcanist builds) it still struggles against basic enemies at SR 75, even getting 2HKO by regular Shambler rocks.

SR also tends to throw roughly 50 Heroes at the player at once, often combined with ground crystals, tornados, and often placing a Nemesis with a larger aggro radius smack dab in the middle for good taste.

When that’s the case, having a huge source of passive damage, massive AoE attacks and leech are really your only option. Not that it takes away from GD being a great game, but it does make it a hard time for characters who don’t have things like Mirror. Things like 22/12 Inquisitor Seal used to be good enough to handle the most AoM had to throw at the player, but FG really took things up a notch where you can’t reasonably be expected to win using defense measures alone.

2 Likes

Please nerf Fabius! He must be the cause of almost half my deaths in SR75-76.
He is beyond all the others nemesis and the victories/failures against him are down to luck generally… And you meet him at least once every run. It’s taking the fun out of it.
Fabius, Kaisan & Mad Queen are too strong in my opinion with the new patch.

Not a big fan of the new changes on the timer. It’s almost useless now. You don’t die : you have the full treasure; you die : you are certain to lose the 2 chests. It’s binary now, no need for timer.

Also, could you put the node “30% stun reduction…” a bit closer to the first node in the Obelisk devotion? With the new changes, you have to take 2 useless nodes (retaliation, shield) if you don’t play a sword&board character. That’s almost the only node that gives armor absorption in the all devotions.

With the nerf on “Scales”, the yellow path is really terrible with devotions that are just bad (Lion, Stag, Lotus, Scarab, tortoise) and don’t give much nodes.

I would suggest switching some mods to make rimetongue more viable. Like, moving pierce to cold to grenado to moon crescent and getting the phys from it moved to the set. This way we can use northern wyrm with the set for a bit more damage which rimetongue sabo totally lacks. Not to mention the set is kind of in a bad spot in terms of OA and DA.
Another aspect would be cyclone. Despite it being very powerful on a full squish setup it has big issues with survivability due to not having decent sources of sustain. I would suggest replacing aether to lightning on storm witch rings with pierce to lightning so we can get some more leech from bat and lowering a tad the damage on wind devils for crucible runs balancing. For SR it probably needs some cc res from devo nodes, so i guess adding some trap, freeze, petrify here and there wouldn’t hurt

2 Likes