V1.1.9.1 Discussion

They’ve spoken previously on the bounty system in streams. If I recall, the current system was tacked together in the early days with the conversation system and is something that Zantai has said he’d love to redo completely but may not get the chance to do going forward.

Generally, the rule they go with is if the skill makes melee contact with an enemy (or involves a bullet being fired from a gun that makes contact) then it is attack speed, if not then it is cast speed. Forcewave propels a blast of air so while it looks like it should be attack speed (and is a part of Solder, an archetypical melee combatant), it’s actually cast speed like you said.

Maybe there’s space to squeeze it in-game somewhere like a loading screen hint or as part of the Game Guide if it’s not already mentioned in there.

3 Likes

Thank you for the insight good sir. Cheers

1 Like

It’s always interesting to see what people suggest for improvements to the best ARPG out there - great suggestions so far. Keep up the great work Crate!

I would like to make a couple suggestions as well.

1. I’ve been using the Mythical Vortex of Souls in my Aether/Lightning Savagery/Upheaval Ritualist and I can safely say that although this weapon is Aether in nature, I don’t think I have seen it used as such. I’ve seen it used in all types of builds for the passthrough and for conversion to Lightning Damage to pump out massive Primal Strike damage, but not for Aether. This is probably due to the awkwardness of Aether RR application with Shaman based combos and that Shaman has no Aether RR to begin with. The only way to add Aether RR to Wind Devils would be to use the off-hand Scion of Celestial Portents, so my suggestion would be to add the following:

• -20% Aether Resistance to Wind Devils
    • Lives for 10 seconds to Wind Devils

Between these two changes to WD, it becomes slightly easier to apply Aether RR using Shaman (WD have no brains and get easily disctracted) and the duration increase gives them a chance to get to the targets while ensuring you don’t have to cast them constantly and interrupt your attack flow.

2. Please add some kind of Legendary Acid pistol to the game (perhaps craftable). There are none currently and the closest would be Morguul’s Mortality, but that is primarily a Vitality pistol. There are a bunch of Epics, but they are primarily for casting and not attacking. The Ugdenbog Venom Launchers are pretty good on their own, but don’t add much utility outside of the BoD modifier (if you’re using Occultist). With the additions of Namadea’s Horns and Galeslice’s Mark I was able to make a pretty fun meme Cold/Acid Fire Strike Saboteur. Damage is not the best, but it is fun and got me thinking about the state of Acid Pistols in the game and the lack of Acid RR with Demo. I would think the weapon would be geared towards Demolitionist/Nightblade/Occultist combos and some possible suggestions for modifiers would be:

• -15% Acid/Poison RR to Thermite Mines
    • Reduced cooldown to ABB

The other (and easier) alternative would be to change the Deadly Aim modifier on the Venom Launcher to give the -15% Acid/Poison RR to Thermite Mines instead! Especially since Radaggan’s Folly would help Inquisitors more with Acid builds anyways… :thinking:

And the though of a Acid Pistol Pyromancer would be great! :smile:

It’s a big ask, but perhaps we can improve the state of Acid Pistols in the game! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

In regards to Dreadweaver…I’m well aware it’s not an optimal weapon for a class combo that doesn’t have the RR.

Thing is, it’s ok for there to be some meme items that just do weird fun things (Conduits serve that purpose as well, although some of their archetypes got more supported than others over time). They’re not going to set any records and may not even be viable at cutting edge endgame, but it’s cool to experiment or just create something thematic.

Some of these memes became mainstream as new gear got introduced while others remained niche, and that’s ok. We’re not going to rip out the aspects of these items that give them their personality though, even if that comes at the cost them remaining outside of the meta.

That said, we can still give them a modest bump, so meme away!

11 Likes

So, for example some buff for cold battle mage or cold DK to compensate lack of RR? :grinning:

1 Like

I would like to talk about bi- and tri-elemental Iskandra. This is my current spec. This was old spec Invoking the elements (1.1.7.1) - the all-mighty Sorceress (EVERYTHING+) . After mines nerf and increasing SR scaling I left “just for fun” spec with Seru and figured out that Ulzuin+Ulthos is the best way now (it has more cs, ms, phys res, HP and the same damage due to Ulthos AoE rr)

What I want to point out:

no frozen core maxed

Even with less %fire damage the fire part of TSS is stronger than cold

What I want to suggest:
Remove lightning->fire conversion and make cold->fire conversion as 100%

Why? For cold+lightning there is Trozan already. The cold part in Iskandra is the weakest one AND its highly inconvenient to get all three RR devotion, 'cause you loose too much for it. But making bi-elemental with Sorc is a good and possible diversity.

You say: “Hey, what about Arcanist Conduit?” It has cold->fire conversion for tss. I suggest to make it lighting->aether to make aether TSS Allagast finally possible

1 Like

YESSSSSSSSSS

And not related to any builds, but pleas nerf -cs mutator. Now it has 20% penalty, its just insane considering some builds hardly have 150 cs

Adding
Also it would be nice to have more items with lightning->fire and cold->lightning conversions
AND
About changing conversion on Iskandra set: Such move won’t make Iskandra OP, because the damage will remain the same AND there will be sence to max Frozen Core on the set.
THough I like tri-elemental idea and it might work on some builds, Iskandra TSS isn’t a build like.
If the point is to make Iskandra tri-elemental in the end, please add some cold damage mods in addition to fire or make them elemental with increased value.

Speaking of meme items,

Granted, beating SR65 makes it better than other meme concepts, but I’d like to bring it up in the event that people want to see this concept not die.

Dracarris Pet Pyromancer

If the first thing that comes up with this build, it’s “why is there so much Elemental Resistance when every other resistance is so difficult to get?” As much as I want to get more damage for myself, there are very few items in general that give bonus points to Ember Claw or Infernal Breath.

The item I’d like to see changed is Mythical Touch of Command. Firstly, I’d like to see the bonus to Master of Death removed, as that Exclusive converts pet damage from Physical to Vitality, and there are already two other pet gloves that have that conversion. As both Mythical Deathrite Gloves and Bonescavenger gloves give Vitality damage, I’d like to see Mythical Touch of Command get an Elemental focus, so perhaps replace the skill with Manipulation or one of the Familiar skills. I’d also like to see it get basically any resistance except Elemental resistance, as the main reason to use these gloves is to cap Hellfire.

Secondly, six of the items give no damage bonuses at all, which is kind of ridiculous considering you’re trying to kill things as well as your pets. I’d perhaps give a small %to all damage to some of the faction items like the Bysmiel pet items, as you have to invest in a lot of items to give your pets enough survivability to withstand the typical assault. Maybe also a small 100% bonus to you with the Sovereign Ruby proc, as it’s more BiS for Hellhound builds than the Zaria’s amulet.

Lastly, it takes putting a ton of points in Storm Spirit and Hellfire to get enough Fire Damage, and even with Fissure being a shotgun skill, it’s not exactly easy to get the kills you need to proc Hellspawn.

2 Likes

maybe it’s too much but I’ll still suggest it:
probably buff a bit SJ mods on Light Defender set?
let’s take a look: it has some flat, phys->lightning conversion and -8% energy cost. And … that’s all.
the we look at Harra: 2 extra projectiles, crit, conversions, frostburn.

I suggest adding at least 1 extra projectile to SJ on the LD set, or some extra crit. just boost the mods a bit.

please don’t give Z a potential reason to remove the modifiers on gloves :sweat_smile:

i don’t really get the feel that Light’s Defender is a "stun jacks"set the same way Harra is for cold
you can use the gloves and maybe wyrmbone for lightning paired with offhand and elgoloth, give you huge variety in terms of chest/shoulder options,
“locking you in” to play lights defender for lightning jacks (assumption being gloves modifier would be moved to set if overall SJ modifiers were to be boosted) would be more of a downside i think/“fear”

and i’m totally not saying that just because of my SJ chars not using full lights defender :sweat_smile:

I strongly believe that caster items should always have cast speed to be honest. There are several scepters and gloves that dont out there. TSS builds workout very clunky because of that and they are easily interrupted. Cindertouch got its conversion removed, at least give it cast speed instead. Spark of ultos could use some too, tss scepter too.
Edit: forgot to mention the same aspect applies to melee build that make use of certain weapons with no built in attack speed (e. G. Bloodsongs). I understand tonning down mods and removal of conversions, but attack speed and casting speed really affects the fluidity of a build. Add situations when you get CCed without having those and you got yourself a bad day recipe…

4 Likes

I can understand Crate’s standing on some of the items being “meme-ish” and not being “top tier” and everything. But could Hagarradian Enforcer’s bonus to Shattering Blast be swapped for something else?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOLgJv2

Here’s a sketch of cold FS Sabo with those babies. Skill bonuses to Chilling Rounds and ABB + LA make perfect sense, but Grenado part does not if I’m being honest. We already have Crescent Moon, Witch Moon and probably Chillheart for this kind of stuff. And on cold Grenado you’d probably want to make use of Dual Blades, so that renders this weapon useless for such a build.

Changing +3 to Shattering Blast to +2 to Fire Strike will allow for this skill to be hardcapped. Or if not FS bonus, then at least Explosive Strike or Thermite Mines; +2 to Brimstone would be nice as well, but I’m not sure how thematic it would be.

Aside from terrible health, that kind of build should do A-okay.

1 Like

Can we get templates for components & augments that support affixes?

Poor Duncan doesn’t have much popularity among blacksmiths,
suggest swapping one of his poor crafting bonuses for a +%bonus to phys resist to increase his potential preference among adventurers.

1 Like

Imo that will make choosing Duncan from optional to priority. But I agree his energy regen crafting bonus should be changed to make him a more attractive option. Energy regen bonus is also already available with Horrus at Necropolis, so perhaps change it to 1-3% Total speed? Additionally the smith Egellon bonus should also be changed from 1-3% Movement Speed to Total Speed, if the bonus is changed to this option.

3 Likes

Titan Pauldrons are exotic item right now. It’s been probably a year, since I saw them being used in a build. The thing is most sets have shoulders and 2H builds are not that many, so it’s hard to justify using the irem. Furthermore they boost physical and bleeding damage, both can use Bloodrage set instead, which is very good. Also Octavius or Warborn sets have shoulders as well.

My idea is to give flat physical as base stat and add % all damage passive boost for 2H or proc (like Kings). That will make them more desirable for non-set builds.

5 Likes

here is something i think should be addressed before before things winds down

^just make all "buff bar"pet aggressive by default? :man_shrugging:

i’ve no idea if it actually pertains to stuff like pseudo pets or reap spirit, but if we can’t “control” the setting, can’t it just be “mega leash ultra hostile” by default? - kinda feels like EmpyBros retreat a little often on short distances too :thinking:

i use them very often… :no_mouth: as fashion illusion :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’d also suggest adding some support for chaos CT. Now is has only conduit with very mediocre mods and almost 0 other support.
I suggest adding sth to, say, Obsidian Juggernaut (like flat and maybe radius/extra WD) and some bonuses to CT to chaos-related gear so we can take ranks in it.
Warlock doesn’t have many builds to choose from, so it would be a nice addition to the pool.
Also, the conduit could gain “100% ele->chaos” mod to CT, as we have no ways of converting lightning (and thus 0 reason for capping Inferno).

1 Like