V1.1.9.1 Discussion

Posts a 1.1.7.1 video of Valdun doing crucible in under 5 minutes. Like others have said, @gutten_morgen either show how a full Valdun performs right now in 1.1.9.0 or you have nothing on which to base your request for a buff. Yeah, sure, it has been nerfed since then. How. Much. Slower. Is. It? Cause even if it performs worse than non-set versions of the same build, it doesn’t matter if it’s still doing fine. There are plenty of other builds that can’t say the same. I’d rather they receive the attention instead.

Yikes. :woman_facepalming:

mmm yes, adding phys to fire conversion to nerf a build, that has whooping 0 armor piercing is certainly the way. Not to mention, that there’s also green FS passthrough weapon, that will give the very same results, if not better.

it’s both slower and far less durable. also has non-working chaos to pierce conversion.
i don’t give a damn whether valdun is going to be buffed or not. don’t like ranged in this game. i linked those videos to show how much valdun is worse than any other non-set pierce FS.

It’s one of my long wish that there is item that enable dual-wield and support pet build at the same time. I’m thinking of adding it to Wendigo Gaze or any least used Epic medal for pet to enable new combination.

As someone who has the fastest Valdun run i’ll chip in. After seeing all those good results of ranged builds as of late I wanted to run it again but now that i looked at it i don’t want to.

The set allows for a high WD but it doesn’t help when you have 4 +all skills slots giving you only +1 to Demo. Fire Strike is the one AA skill that thrives on skill points (and Demo as a whole is a mastery that thrives on +all skills). With Valdun equiped you have the whole FS line at 13/12 and without proper conversions. No wonder it’s no match for simple alternatives now.

1 Like

I’ve been vaguely following the valdun vs pseudo-valdun vs pseudo-pseudo valdun thing, in short:

1. Yeah, appears to be as Valdun set is worse for pierce FS than a mishmash version. If the timer was 4:45 for Valdun before the most recent nerfs it’s highly unlikely that it would suddenly improve. Whether it’s good or bad is debatable though, personally I feel like improving other underperforming ranged builds is a bigger priority than fine-tuning this particular issue.
  2. Said it before and will say it again - piercethrough needs to be more abundant but at the same time more tightly controlled, because while for some ranged AA replacers it’s a very much deserved boost in build performance Fire Strike really doesn’t need it because of all the interactions it has with multibullet WPS. Non-conditioned mechanics have a disadvantage that once an OP build is discovered a lot of builds that don’t really deserve nerfs might become affected as a consequence of trying to bring the overperformer back into the fold.
  3. For a quick patch of Desolator version Afanasenkov’s solution sounds give or take reasonable, afaik his fire version performs at about 5:15 best run:

Not sure how correct it is to compare a full purple build to build for GDStashers though.

3 Likes

guys. You missed my point completely. Valdun got some serious nerf as far as i remember:

• Lost 50% elemental converted to pierce, change to 50% fire converted

• Lost a lot of skill points from demo side

• Lost a lot of flat/ % damage

• Chaos conversion doesnt work with Brimstone (like every range FS we have a bunch of threads about that before)

But i dont care about that. And i dont ask for “just a buff”. The 30% armor piercing set bonus gives total 90% conversion. That makes no sense. Make it 100%, and if you want- nerf it more, somewhere else. I dont care how it performed by patches, dont care how good or bad it is. It got nerfed already, multiple times. Just make it a bit not ugly. Does those 10% will make it from 10 minutes Crucible to lower than 3 minutes? Every pierce builds got 100%. But here we are, with 90%. And please dont tell me to use S.Bolt. It wont even survive without Seal of Blade

I’m personally all for increasing AP bonus to 50% on 2-pieces. It’s just I don’t believe they’ll do that because Valdun was performing too good.

Let’s add their daddy to it too/

And current 1190 real Valdun… makes me wanna cry

1190 Valdun Purifier (real Valdun) - YouTube

7 Likes

This is confusing. Let’s make a rule:

1 x Pseudo = 1 piece Valdun less

as in your last video.

The new set of ember needs physical resistance, more armor or vitality.
Here I have a build which looks good in grimtools, but when it comes to making SR or crucible content it dies quickly.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVLRkldN

No, it’s not. Sorry

I checked superfluff builds before, mostly fantasy gears. Only double rares sword (infernal + wildlife) can beat Sharzul’ mace, and you know it is impossibru. I know builders tend to pick the best choice to test, but I prefer realistic.

how would you help me improve it then

I don’t have a particular build ('cause I deleted all my Rotgheist builds not to comeback to it never ever) and I don’t want to say anything bad about Rotgheist, but, hey, look, how may Rotgheist builds we have on the forum…

Have you investigated where the limit is? I think you on average will find a better sunherald than any sharzul wpn though. Sunherald is fast farm :stuck_out_tongue:

I have 6 sunherald swords saved, 4 of them are double rare affix

Alright, so we’ve figured Valdun got nerfed to death because it was god-tier or something like that.

But there’re sets that never performed great - or at least some parts of them. Set in question is a BLUE one, so you can’t really expect it to shine over a legendary set, can you.

The set is: Flame Keeper. The only rather recent build I’ve found that uses it is by @tqFan: Flame Keeper of the Blaze - my results | 7-8s MQ | Crucible ready

And… that’s a Purifier. Who would’ve thought? But anyway, I decided to make something different and do a Shieldbreaker instead.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BvDEr2

Now, OK part supports Vire’s Might - which I enjoyed and was happy to try a “run-n-gun” build. But Shieldbreaker has some big problems. Here’s a video of a FULL SR 60(!) run which took me 15 minutes.

If you don’t want to torture yourself (because I’m a rather bad pilot and my PC is a potato) and just want to see boss rooms, watch at 4:35 and 11:47 marks.

I admit that I did some piloting errors, but being a great pilot is not a criteria is it? Main problems are as follows:

1. Resists. Barely capped Cold, Lightning, Vitality and Acid res (which is under the cap in GT). Aether and Chaos are only slightly overcapped.
  2. Physical resistance. This one is separate from others because… it’s even more terrible. If it wasn’t for huge 7% phys res from gloves… It can be somewhat fixed if pants are swapped for Hellforged Legplates though.
  3. Need to rely on boots affixes, namely, on Of Featherstep suffix to be able to ~cap stun and trap res which are crucial for this high mobility build.
  4. Demolitionist portion of the set supports BWC, although it is highly implied this set is for autoattacking: huge attack speed, granted WPS. I had zero points in it because you can’t be bothered throwing it while skating, shooting and casting Thermite Mines and Flashbang.
  5. Vire’s Might puts you in harm’s way quite a bit. I like the idea, but had to leave the main skill at one point and max out Volcanic Stride. With VM maxed it eats too much energy and leaves you skill-point starved.

So what can be done? Well…

1. Replace bleed res on belt with acid res. Like I already said somewhere in this topic, getting acid res on elemental builds (fire especially) is tough. Bleed res you can get from more sources (like Bloodied Crystalls which will also help with armor a bit). Increasing aether and chaos res on shoulders is also welcome, as those are the lowest present on the set.
  2. Add phys res somewhere on the set. ~4% on chest or shoulders should suffice.
  3. Replace skill bonuses to BWC to some generic stuff like Flame Touched, Blast shield, Flashbang, etc. It’s not a BWC focused set and this skill is only used for debuffs on such builds, so you’d probably don’t want it above softcap anyway.
  4. This one is sorta optional, but still can be rather important: some freeze res on 3-piece bonus perhaps would be great. Boots need stun and trap res on them as I already stated, rings need Bloodied Crystalls or Runebound Topazes in them, depending on what you’re lacking. I grabbed Throne and Clarity of Purpose provides some, but that’s it. Being frozen interrupts skating, and that’s the main idea of Oathkeeper’s part on the set.

Sorry for the wall of text. But I hope I was able to make my point.

1 Like

Dude, I farm this **** a lot, the best I got so far is a searing of wildlife, or infernal of something usless, and its way far weaker than infernal of wildlife. And it takes century to finish a run.
Some mini boss runs can do less than 30s, some are 10-15 mins, even longer than act boss.
Back to topic, pls give some physic res to Dagallon set, its so squishy.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mX9WGN

Aura of Censure itself deserves a buff.

Why an exlusive skill has the same RR value as common skills and why its DR is sow ridiculously low?

2 Likes

Not mine calc but its better than yours
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gQLdgZ

1 Like