V1.1.9.1 Discussion

its mostly for Flame Touched if you try Commando. With Tactician, you have a little flat Fire from Inquisitor’s Seal buff. Discord cannot be converted twice, so no relying on Discord. But Commando is a real problem, since FS is better range AA than Cadence, and you have no RR from both masteries. I did try a weird set up with devotion and getting Light’s of Empyryon with Valdun Tactician (that constellation has flat Fire too, and the proc got very good Dam reduction), but the result of range Cadence is just sucked.

Level 94 version of Devil’s Charm would be nice. https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/875

1 Like

This is a problem with most fire/chaos builds and will better if add pierce resist to Solaels Witchblade devotion.

So, return to Valduns set. I tested Tactician Valdun It can pass crucible around 6:00 with neutral mutators (video). In 75-76 SR, this build feels pretty good for survivability, but the damage is bad ( Kuba/Kaisan in boss room killing more 30 second). Increasing armor penetration will not make it OP. It seems to me that Soldiers parts need some love. What about adding flat RR (more than for on set wps) to Cadence or Field Command?

a set with 2 different sources of flat RR makes no sense to me. Players may go for Revenant Constellation for more RR/ atk speed/ more ADCTH if they want. For soldier part, how about adding more flat pierce and/or atk speed just like what we had in 1.1.9 for Nadaan sword?

There is already flat RR on the granted skill Valdun Clip.
maybe it’s worth asking to increase the duration on it in order to be able to constantly apply flat RR.

Speaking about Ugdenbloom, any chance that craftable consumables from the AoM dlc price be reduced? Currently it’s like it use 2 ugdenbloom to craft 3 bleed resist potion while other resist potion only need like 1 aether cluster to get 3 potion.

Additionally the Vile Tincture, can the recharge and summon duration be swapped?

I very much doubt that this will help (in game attack speed 200% without proc).

Yes, it seems strange, but I want buff Tactican without buff Purifier ( however I don’t agree with nerf in the latest patch).

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/1NXm17L2

Conduit of Wild Whispers with Acid Grasping Vines : Add some % retaliation damage here. Bramblevine retaliation Archon got hit really hard with all the retal nerfs and it was a build that already had one of the lowest % retal numbers back in 1.4.2. Good slot to add power back to the build without having it leak to other builds.

Mythical Bramblewood Amulet could also be reworked to fit this theme even more as an alternative? Other than these two there aren’t a lot of options for this slot.

Mythical Briarthorn Band : Tweak these maybe? Could use some offensive stats for sure while keeping the retal flavor

Bramblevine : Bleed Damage seems thematic more than anything here I suppose, while “free” I would rather the item became more focused.

There is no real “good” medal for this build. Maybe Mark of Lethal Intents can be given some retaliation?

Insomnia ramblings

I think increasing the radius or the chance to proc or duration would help a bit - if the focus of Maul should be to support such flat damage skills and a larger group of targets.

Against single targets, my “problem” with Maul in its current form is (assuming that my understanding is correct :dunno:) that it follows the physical damage paradox - against stronger enemies your attacks become weaker because of the typcial larger armor values.

While Maul reduces the armor, it should be still necessary to overcome an increasing threshold to be “effective”. With the maximal 30% reduction, for the damage below the original armor level of the target (everything above should hit already for 100%), it should be at best an increase from 30% (1-damage absorption) to 51% (100%x0.3 + 30%x0.7) effective damage. If the damage (e.g. the smaller 10 - 15 flat damage bonuses) does not reach the original armor level, the increase becomes lower until it is the minimal 30% (if damage <= armor x 0.7).

The idea why I thought about reducing armor absorption instead of armor was that than the 51% (if the max value on the proc would be 21%-points, so armor absorption of the target would be 49% instead of 70%) effective damage would be the same for every bit of flat damage below the armor level. I.p. also smaller bits of physical damage would have the same gain instead of staying at 30% because they don’t overcome the (reduced) armor threshold. [but well, reducing the armor absorption sounds to me a bit like piercing and therefore somehow not fitting]

In the hopes that it will get replace with something else, Conduit of Warring whispers that turns Counter Strike from Phys to Lightning… Its useless. Ultos has an amulet already…so does Dawnseeker set.

10 Likes

Perhaps conversion to fire woud allow vindictive flame/counterstrike memery and boost fire retal builds a bit.
Something like -0,2 skill recharge would be nice too I guess.

2 Likes

Yes fire counter strike! Plzzz

1 Like

Chaos :crazy_face:.

1 Like

Aether! Plz

That’s a great point, outside of Judgment of the Three and the aforementioned Conduit, all Counter Strike conversion requires a full set and it’s quite limited overall (Vit, 2x Lightning, Acid). I’d be in favour of fire…n-no personal interest or anything :smiley:

Since we are talking Soldier conduit, is elemental Blitz any good? You can do something with cold and fire versions, but tri-elemental sounds like a bit too much? Maybe make it vitality with some interesting mod like % fumble or something?

I mean, some vitality Blitz support can be found on Morgoneth stuff (boots and ring), Revenant’s Edge has +4 to Blitz. How 'bout that?

2 Likes

Could Markovian’s set get some serious love?
I mean, bigger cd to blitz (like -1,5 - 1,8 sec), some damage boost?
Also, some phys res is welcomed.
Set looks very underwhelming now.

3 Likes

Could the Korvan Dunefiend set get a second look?

Every GT link I’ve seen so far barely manages to cross 3000 OA with Ascension up (which isn’t a permanent buff by any means) and can’t even get to 2700 DA. Between that, the lackluster armor, and general low health, the builds generated from this set seem underpowered – whether you’re building for SS or EoR, you seem to lose out quite a bit. And it’s not like the performance/damage are exceptional to balance out these deficiencies. I don’t think the set has had any builds posted for the last few patches.

The problem is, Blitz itself is inferior (3.5s cd, only knockback and -DA), especially compare to its brothers Shadowstrike or Vire’s might. No CDR bonus, no bonus stats (crit dmg, big aoe, leave trail of fire…and, they ARE spammable). I dont mind if Blitz has another subskill. Noone uses it as main skill since FG, mostly 1 point.

1 Like

Since these are last feedbacks we can give, I want to talk about AQC, it’s a WPS that no one uses, especially it’s more underwhelming for Crucible players who needs AoE for speed.

I like it, but it requires heavy investment to utilize it. People say it has low animation speed so it’s dps loss. I don’t think this argument is true but part of it is not wrong either. It’s just not related to animation.

It’s dps loss with some instances because of less than %100 WD(before 11/8) like Cadence, you proc it with basic attacks so no WD multiplying here. Charged AA’s procing while it’s not yet fully charged. And when you can’t utilize the flat damage/crit damage on it.

A way to make it more useful is changing the scaling imo. You can make it starts with %85 and each point increase the WD by %2 so it’ll be %99 WD at 8/8. So it diminish the instances that creates an dps loss because of low WD multiplying. And increase the scaling after 8/8 a bit so it’ll be worth investing. Maybe some more flat damage on it becuase even though Crit Damage looks good, you rarely have that high OA to utilize it.

And/or add some more modifier for it. There is only 3 of them, 2 of them is Pierce and 1 of them is cold. They are not that great either, especially Brutallax and Deathmark Helmet ones. Derma Slicer with %18 WD is good enough. For example add a Fire Modifier to it, maybe Cinderplate belt or Molten Slicers? And Aether modifier to Blaze Herald maybe?

And for your information. I made a Belgo BM with Derma Slicer and hardcapped AQC, it’s really good on single target but then you lack AoE becuase you have 6 options and you exclude atleast one of them. I made a Pierce Trickster with Brutallax and invested AQC and that one also had really good single target damage but the general concept was weak and lacked AoE more than BM. I also made a Deathmark Dervish with invested AQC. So I made tests to see if hardcapped AQC is worth it but I understand why it seems so underwhelming for other builders because even with modifiers and high skill point investment, it doesn’t create wonders…

1 Like