V1.1.9.8 Discussion

it is fairly uncommon

i do not, i did not say so, i didn’t even hint at it, i want a bloated affix pool reduces, especially since it redundantly exists twice
you have 7 non bis magick affixes competing with 216

this is not about BiS, i didn’t remotely say so, this is magick prefix, ie common, the issue here is the rate of competition, because one side is more than 30x larger, while also being redundant/existing twice

kindly stop trying to put words in my mouth about BiS stuff that was never mentioned or even at play

kindly just stop talking now, not all MIs drops from fixed spawn/bosses/nor gives you a quick easy freebie drop with the affixes you want

might be worth mentioning that generic phys dmg affix (superior) doesn’t exist on caster class weapons, nor does the %all dmg prefix like officer and tyrant, so when you’re dealing with a weapon intended for actually attacking with, the pool is not merely competing with an absurd amount of fluff affixes, it’s also having inherent less useable amount available in the pool to start with, making it even worse the competition is so big

1 Like

Please. Not the next married couple here…

5 Likes

It’s what keeps us alive. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

I have been desperately trying to use the three Fateweaver items for a long time now. Currently, I am trying to build a Panetti character around it (together with the Invoker set).

These three items are not a set technically, but thematically they are related. Also stats-wise.
I would like to see some general improvements and love for them. I haven’t seen anyone yet using them significantly.

Regarding the “Fade from Reality” skill on the Fateweaver’s mantle, I would suggest improving it. The duration of 5 seconds is too short in my view, and the 60 seconds cooldown is too big. Maybe 8 seconds duration and 45 seconds cooldown might be more appropriate. Moreover, the increased health regeneration during its activation is quite…useless. I haven’t seen any practical effect, and the other stats on the item do not fit with a health regen character. I would suggest removing the health regen entirely and replacing it with something else. Also, the 200% pierce resistance is great, but I think not needed. Even 100% is already more than enough, and I haven’t seen any situation where I would require 200% plus. Better reduce it to 100% and add something else, maybe aether and chaos resistance (would also thematically fit). Even more so, add the chance to avoid projectiles/melee attacks during its activation. That would fit the other stats of the items and the three items in total.

Other than that, I hope Crate will look at those three items, which have been neglected for a longer time.

Thanks

3 Likes

would be neat if those 3 items revealed a hidden “set-like” bonus if u wear them together. 200% pierce resist does look odd, since nobody is running around with -50% pierce resist like headless chicken anyway (they would die if doing so).

1 Like

I like it. I think it would help farming off damage MIs, like a Chillstrife for a non-Trozan set TSS build.

1 Like

Please move burn duration to aetherfire prefix. Farming items with arsonist prefix with exactly what you need is unlikely and more so, not all builds can get burn duration there.

3 Likes

I was also thinking about these items recently, specifically that it’s weird the shoulders and chest piece have +% Aether damage but the leggings don’t.

1 Like

Can we PLEASE get some sort of increase in throw distances for runes, Sigil and Storm Totem? Runes and Sigil are bad enough, but this is just ridiculous. :confounded:

8 Likes

Amarasta’s Blade Burst as well. Sometimes your can melee default weapon attack those enemies of big shapes but melee ABB can’t reach them. Just a tiny range buff to melee ABB is enough to improve the hand feeling.

3 Likes

ABB is literally melee range.

Absolutely agree. I never understood this anyway. Sigil for instance, i would either make it 0 range so it casts at your feet or if you intend it to be pre-cast cause it has delay before the protection triggers (due to mechanical reasons?) at least give it more range. Totems are offensive tools anyway so they could definitely use more range as well.

he is right tho, for some (strange?) reason ABB feels hella weird "range"wise compared to other melee skills, which is part of what makes it feel like a bother to weave on some builds, aside from LA too short duration ofc hinthint :wink:

5 Likes

I’m all with any kind of quality buff to ABB. It is for me a chore to weave it for autoattackers and i even refused to use it on my Cold Korba Trickster for smoother gameplay. More range, more Lethal assault duration or whatever really.

1 Like

Can the Bloodspill Cleaver get its % pierce and pierce damage mod changed to physical damage since that weapon have no armor piercing?

1 Like

Speaking of which, maybe ABB is a suitable skill for DW mastery to have a… DW active skill?

Ranged can fire two ABB bullets with 50% chance, melee only hits with an off-hand. A DW melee mastery skill. Probably, one of the most silly interactions left in the game.

There are two ABB builds i know of - 2H ranged with a big mod and Venomblade Dervish which is inferior to acid RF in every way.

If even these kind of small mechanic changes are not on the table i suggest to add a mod to some generic item that turns the skill into dw hits or even dw spam hits with regular DW overhead animation.

Imo current ABB itself, not as LA provider, is almost a placeholder skill for adding free content. Very bad dmg outside of mods and no DW support.

2 Likes

Fordprefect made a cold ABB-Spellbreaker, it´s quite crushing surprisingly.

1 Like

Played one too, different from ford’s (no OFF, no Mageslayer, just stacking ABB MI bonuses) and it completes SR75-80s deathless like a breeze as is. Extremely safe, comfortable and fast (outside of Kuba fights). Spam ABB is not in need of improvements, at least not on the cold side of it.

1 Like

This must be an oversight, right? With no innate armor piercing, one can never convert physical damage to piercing, right?
Interestingly the armor piercing was removed, before the weapon got a piercing modifier…

You can but would very specifically need a “Sinister” prefix and wear a Steelheart Girdle to get 100%.

Speaking of which, the Servitor’s Slicer is another weapon in a similar predicament.