V1.1.9.8 Discussion

that wouldn’t make pierce dmg/AP conversion
requires base AP rating on a weapon to work

1 Like

No you can’t. 100% from zero is still zero. Weapon needs % pierce ratio as a base.

3 Likes

Ah ok, gotcha. Thanks.

Could be an oversight could be a leftover from some patches ago. Even if the armor piercing portion return, there is still Servitor’s Slicer for pierce RoS. By changing it to % Physical Damage will give more incentive to pick Berserker Devotion.

I’d like to take this opportunity to bitch about Chillwhisper apostate, and cold apostate in general.

Looking at necro having a rather decent choice of cold skills, and general elemental support inquisitors offer, you’d assume cold apostate would be a natural overlap of the 2. You’d assume wrong.

There is no attack or casting speed in the combo. The OA and DA both masteries offer is fucking dreadful. And the only exclusive skill you have to support cold is Aura of Censure, which also happens to be your only RR source. Ok, sounds like a lot to fix with gear.

Except there is no gear for cold apostate. At all. Every single piece of cold necro gear just automatically assumes you’re running reaper instead. Speaker for the Dead? Reaper item. Deathbound ametist? Reaper item. Ilgor MI? Reaper item. At least there’s Spectral warshield. It’s for oppressors instead. It’s borderline impossible to assemble the skill bonuses for the class without deviating from the damage type.

And then there is Chillwhisper set. Well… Is there? Compared to amount of juice Blade spirits get from the set, RoH bonuses look like a joke. 33% energy cost reduction in particular. Wow. And whooping 35 cold damage from the whole set, with no pierce to cold conversion. Amazing. Almost as amazing as aether to cold conversion modifier on vestments, which is… what for, exactly? IDK. Set still leaves apostate absolutely starved for OA, DA and casting speed. While giving that amazing 2-set bonus of aether and chaos res - I really needed my overcap to be even higher, thanks.

Here is my attempt at cobbling together a build from reapers and exactly 1 chillwhisper apostate guide (really old, and concluding that the set/class combo sucks) that exists around here:

Now, I won’t be able to take this thing into the endgame before the thread closes, so this somewhat goes against “don’t just theorycraft” principle. And I’m not really good at theorycrafting. Maybe I fucked up something. But the scene of cold apostate builds, as it stands now, is absolutely barren, so surely I’m not the only one believing that they suck, and that Chillwhisper apostate sucks in particular.

Harbinger of Souls`?

And no RR in such case

yeah, admittedly.

Why would you want to make a Cold apostate, and not Aether, with 2xRR from both masteries that dont take any exclusive skill slot?
Chillwhisper set is obviously made for Reaper only, not only its bonuses to Rune of Haggarad are negligible ,but it doesnt even offer any Pierce->Cold convertion for it!

I also want to request an addition of WPS for shields and 2H melee to one of existing items.

DW melee, DW ranged and 2H ranged have a lot WPS options across masteries and gear pieces which naturally enables a lot of variety for the playstyles.

2H melee and S&B are lagging far behind. The only competitive 2H melee AA builds are phys Avengers. For S&B there are only two WPS that hit with both hands, both are in one mastery. All successful shield builds with AA are padded either by monster procs (fire) or by supplemental dmg (phys Blitz, Octavius). Everything else feels like a downgraded DW melee build with no actual extra tankiness because of leech dips.

I suggest to enable Pyroclasm’s granted skill for 2H melee hits (or add a similar skill to another medal) and enable either Brawler gloves or Korvaak’s medal WPS for shield hits. Neither of these seem to be adding powercreep to any existing strong builds.

6 Likes

DW melee Auto-Attack builds arent even high-tier ones in current meta.
2-h melee AA at least has Avenger, that makes one of the strongest builds in the game. And there are tons of skills (besides AA) that greatly benefit from 2-h (Blade Arc, EoR, etc.).
DW melee, on other hand? Weak damage, bad AoE, poor defences, high gear requirements, and it’s literally forced to use AA as other skills are usually better with 2-h or 1-h+shield. Yes, DW melee has a “lot” of WPS options, but still sucks badly. So maybe we should buff DW melee instead?

Not a feedback but some things I want in the game for diversity and fun;

• Can we get Fire Primal Strike mod on somewhere?

Yes it would definitely be meme but it can’t be memer than fire ABB.

• Acid Forcewave?

Blademasters and Witchblades should have more diversity.

• Vitality ABB?

It might exceed meme status too.

• Vitality Callidor’s Tempest.

Yes CT is really bad skill and we all agree it needs some main buffs but it can also use diversity.

• More mods to Grasping Vines

Just that.

• Pierce Bone Harvest.

Yes it can’t use Harvester of Death mod but why not?

• More Vitality>Fire Conversion on gears.

Yeah it’s a dream…

• Pierce FW mod on a medal.

Yes it’s quite possible with any %100 armor piercing weapon but it’s not that good with low %pierce damage so it require some good mods. Maybe Mark of Kalastor can get it?

Anyway these are my 5 cents.

3 Likes

DW melee in the broad sense is the second strongest playstyle now, after ranged DW. It might not have any representation in top5 or even top10 builds but in top100 it would be the most represented on par with ranged.

Things that need to be buffed in DW melee are Necrotic Edge and Belgo Shears animation. Drastically buffed. There are multiple potentially strong DW builds that are literally ruined by crappy Necrotic animation. I’ve asked for animation buff for these WPS for years now so i gave up by now.

Overall the strength of DW melee is highest single target dmg combined with supreme tankiness in smaller crowds. AoE tankiness and dmg were always melee DW weakness but at this stage of the game all gear, procs and devotions were buffed just enough to allow the solution of these problems.

Also with SR bossroom changes solo dmg became much more important than it was before.

The animations have been the same since time immemorial and DW has been just fine. If there is a problem now, the solution does not require us to redo animations.

I don’t know how this needs to be repeated again.

I also don’t want to repeat again all the arguments I layed over the years including frame analysis. Necrotic’s hit register coming late in the animation combined with slow swing makes WPS miss a lot of targets, especially in Crucible, and especially if you experience any sort of lag. Belgo shears is almost as bad with awful scaling on top.

Korba Trickster, custom cold DW Dervish, Next and Ortus cold Saboteur and multiple other DW builds with Nightblade are better with 2 seals of Void taken instead of Belgo Shears, despite losing 200% dmg and phys conversion granted by Coldstones. Same applies for Necrotic. You have to take paper-inferior Reaping Strike WPS just for better animation and stable leech coming from stable hit register.

All of this have been said before, by different peaple, and i have nothing to add, just answering the person who brought up the topic.

2 Likes

I know this will probably not happen. But is there any way at all possible that double rares would get a slightly different tint of green? I know you can set it in the filter to always show double rares, and disable rares and MIs, to only see double rares. But I’d love it if there was a possibility to enable rares or MIS and still somehow easier tell apart the double rare items. Otherwise I have probably missed a lot of them, even thouhg they are some of the strongest items out there, but I just dont have it in me to check every single green item like that anymore, I think many are the same.
Call it a small QoL :stuck_out_tongue:

You probably don’t know this but there are tools for that. Actually just some .txt files you copy in a proper folder (Rainbow Filter). This results in:

There are also some other way to mark them in Grim Internals.

1 Like

Is it possible for the colour to change only in the title, leaving the description as it is in grim dawn?
I’ll look into this, but I’d still prefer if standard GD had this option. Especially for people who often use cloud saves and move between pcs.(me)

Yes. Ask in the mentioned thread if you need some help. The files doing that might already be there

Cold Briarthorns with permanent Wind Devils.

Is it possible to make Chillmane do only cold damage (to have all damage as cold)? Or change Bysmiel Grasp in such way that 100% of physical damage is converted to cold for pets? I don’t think such build will break any records but it would be nice to have it thematically.

1 Like