V1.1.9.X Discussion - March of the Memes

With the past success of patch discussions, I’d like to get the conversation rolling for the future.

I’m leaving the build number as a mystery as we may actually end up doing a small update prior to the console port’s release to reach version parity between the two, so we’ll see where this discussion’s changes will end up!

In this thread, we are going to look at the age old tradition of memes…Yes, these are the builds that aren’t going to win any awards, but they are fun and whacky and they might even kill Cronley on Ultimate.

The main driver of such builds has historically been the series of Conduit necklaces, and the goal here is to add one or two new options to each one in a future update.

We’re not looking for major gear revamps here or to introduce new sets. These are memes!

Take this thread as an opportunity to throw your wild ideas our way and, who knows, perhaps some of them might see the light of day in a future update!

Please be considerate of others posters and, as usual, set reasonable expectations for what a build should be capable of. These are memes!

Following the guidelines from the Posting Feedback thread applies:

12 Likes

Acid AAR, Vitality Forcewave, Aether Grasping Vines (same fx as those aether Briarthorns on Ancient Grove), Fire Storm Totem.

That’s what i got at the moment. I’ll come back with more.

5 Likes

I have some stupid one.
Chaos/Physical Blade Trap with obsidian trap fx. I just want to for 2 things: To make a Blade Trap build and to cosplay as an obsidian defiler.
It probably makes zero sense haha, although you could pair chaos blade trap with ember’s calling I guess? :sweat_smile:
EDIT there is actually a vitality blade trap, didn’t know that.

1 Like

Acid Blackwater Cocktail conduit with green acid pudles as fx & added acid dmg with maybe an extra duration to it.

That would be THE dream!

Unfortunately the FX can’t happen. Because of the transmuter.

Hence why i don’t even ask for meme BWC mods.

Well, in that case drop the fx but still add a conduit, would still be a fun thing to have imo. :wink:

I’d like bluish Guardians conduit, either :damage_cold:Cold or :damage_lightning: Lightning would do.

I’ve already made a Cold Guardians build (Fire → Cold is easier) so maybe Lightning?
And then I could use the Lightning look even for the Cold build with modding.

1 - Copy - Copy (2)

@Maska322 Only the build, I didn’t mod the visuals

2 Likes

So you succeed then! Didn’t even show me the result! :frowning:

1 Like

Oh damn that’s neat. Hammer ghost bois following you around, yes please :+1:

1 Like

I don’t know whether these are possible. May require hacky implementations:

• Eye of Reckoning with inverted (toward player) knockdown. Vacuum build!

• Re-enable detonation damage on Thermite Mines via a Conduit/etc.? Possibly have the base explosion do 0 damage, only to be increased to some “balanced” and set value with the item?

• 0 CD Vindictive Flame (even if with reduced damage!) (side note: if you gave a (negative) total damage mod to VF, shouldn’t it apply to Ulzuin’s Wrath because VF is a global buff?)

Pierce Damage ABB (how does this not already exist it literally has blade in the name)

6 Likes

For EoR I would like a radius increase modifier on some 2 handed weapon aswell. :smiley:

1 Like

All HC, all marked as untested have finished ultimate FG but not in SR/CR

Targo Templar using aether set jewelry for the lighting bolt with devastation shield almost full conversion of aether and full elemental, cleared SR 50 can go higher.

Yugol relic duel acid/cold shattered realm set wearing witch hunter…cleared SR 75

Yugol relic duel vit/chaos sentinel using blood orb in off hand…untested

Yugol relic duel cold/fire shattered realm set nex/ortus sabo…untested

Physical DEE using the set witchblade…untested.

Radaggans purifier with vindictive flame with full elemental to vit conversion. Untested

Bleed dervish using blood knight set and scarab shield. Cleared SR 50 with some difficulty but very unoptimized.

Duel wield lightning deceiver wearing allagast and off handing lighting doom bolt MI. Untested.

Apostate duel wielding panetti wands with bonemongers for as many inquisitor seals as possible. Funny but not so good. Not tested

Physical panetti missile battlemage. Not tested.

Radaggans infiltrator PB. Haven’t tested since sometime after Release of FG but cleared SR 50 easily.

Physical mortar commando. Absolute monster, nuff said. Requires some very specific stuff that can be really hard to get.

Hybrid Ghol/deathguard using acid reaper. Exploding pets are fun. Untested

Many others. I only play meme stuff really :man_shrugging:

Two things would make the game marvellously open to fun! Some pierce conversion, give us aether to pierce on pb or something, and also 1% wpn dmg to maul, i want that thing to be convertable to pierce as well!

1 Like
  • Acid build struggle with cc resistance
  • Arcanist provides cc resistance
  • Acid devastation in need of support

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Daega Acid Devastation ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

3 Likes

Aegis of menhir total damage reduced by 50%, cooldown 0.
Replace lightning bwc conduit with pierce (hopefully some time in the future cyclone will get reworked inti lightning bwc + wind devils instead of thermites)
Acid aar, cold aegis, pierce judgment, acid shattering smash, physical bone harvest…

4 Likes

What about some conduit that makes Wendigo Totem a good damage dealer
and perhaps converts it to some other meme damage type so that it’s not too strong / doesn’t synergise with Vit builds.

I’m really not sure about specifics so here’s some quick example:

Wendigo Totem conduit

• +2 Summon Limit
  • +124 Fire damage
  • Vitality damage converted to Fire damage
  • no longer heals

I’d actually like to see acid devastation support on Deathguard set. I’ve been fiddling for a while with acid devastation Templar, and while I haven’t settled on a setup I like, I keep coming back to the idea of 3 piece (no helmet) Deathguard. If set bonus and skill point support were there as well, I could definitely see taking the helmet as well.

On a separate note, I’d like to reiterate the sentiment of this thread:

Zero Cooldown Aegis!
With adjusted damage ofc.
Was a nice, already modded, idea of TQfan if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I wanted to suggest more support for hybrid pet builds, but I guess this is still out of scope…

How about items, which change a true pet into a player scaling entity and vice versa? Broken balance guaranteed?

4 Likes

What i’m getting from Zantai’s post is that he wants ideas that match the damage types from the conduits. And since Shaman has no fire conduit, it means no fire wendigo totem and storm totem for that matter (which is a shame because i wanted fire storm totem).

Of course he can add fire conversion mods to shaman items that are not part of the conduit line, which in that case both could be a thing.