V1.1.9.X Discussion - March of the Memes

One idea I’m kinda curious about…is it mechanically possible for item skill modifiers to change the behaviour of a skill? Currently modifiers tend to add extra projectiles, range, AoE or convert damage. I’m just wondering if there’s more they could do. Cause if so there are so many options to explore there. Like making Phantasmal Blades bounce instead of piercing. Making totems mount on your character (so you’re a walking lightning rod). Making Forcewave shoot out in multiple directions (like the RoH explosion). Making Doombolt chain like Torrent. Obviously these ideas need to be reined in a bit as that would take way too many development resources. I’m just spitballing here.

1 Like

Wondered about this. Wanted seeking replicating missile fragments but figured it was a big no.

• Sigils of Consumption; going on hunger strike
    removes the lifesteal but amps up the dmg, pref adds some sort of explody FX to the enemies stepping on it - unsure which would be the derpiest fitting dmg type :thinking:

• BWCC; Blackwater Crowd Control
    modifier on something that adds 50% chance of knockdown for 3secs and 50% chance of confuse for 3secs to Blackwater Cocktail :grin:

1 Like

Occultist: CoF has -bleed RR, so why not add bleeding support to another Occultist active skill, like Sigil or BoD, or even DEE. Pox bleeding dmg is so minor that noone uses it as dmg skill.
Same as Oathkeeper, would be nice if Aegis of Menhir supports bleed dmg.
Bleeding part has very fewer builds vs other dmg types, and most of them have Shaman mastery.

5 Likes

Lightning Ill Omen conduit with -%15 rr.

2 Likes

I recommend you all to have a look at Grim League Skill visual changes for Meme inspiration.
If you’d like to comment on that, please do it in the linked thread to avoid making a mess here.

2 Likes
  • piercing pierce devastation
    and it fires horizontally :grin:
2 Likes

Acid Savagery Conduit. And an Acid Upheaval mod to somewhere for Trickster, Archon and Conjurer. Ofc DW also can use the conduit.

1 Like

Perhaps the last time I will mention the My CDR Judgment build.
Since the ability to cut the cooldown down to 0.4 was removed during the playtest phase, I think “March of the Memes” thread is a better place for it than “Endgame Viability”. Let me remind you that the pursuit of maximum CDR forces you to choose equipment that is not always compatible with each other (heterogeneous damage, conflicting conversions) and even the toughness of the Targo set does not allow tanking everyone and everyone, especially in deep SR, turning the gameplay into “step-and-cast” cycles.
Targo2

Increased cooldown for Mortar Trap, but every shell is “The Big One,” and you shoot more of them before they expire, so that even if you reduce the number of mortars summoned, each one gets significantly more “OOMPF!”

Plus, when was the last time “The Big One” was even used in a build?

When has anyone used Cooldown Panetti’s using the Ludrigan’s Set?

Speaking of big cooldown and big damage abilities, we need a lot of flat Physical and Physical RR to Word of Pain so that it’s possible for a Tactician to clear the screen just using War Cry (using the Warborn’s Set to reduce the recharge) and Word of Pain. If necessary, you can swap the Aether or Chaos WoP affix with the Physical Stormbox so that you’re not having 3 conduit affixes on one ability.

Either that or add a ton of flat Physical to Horn of Gandarr. You can convert the Piercing to Physical with just one item, and it’s easier to build around 3 nodes (War Cry, Break Morale, and Horn of Gandarr) than 5 nodes. Full shout build needs to happen.

X% chance for 80% cooldown to some weird skills
like devastation, can’t have more than 1 out anyway so would be wacky but not overly OP
likewise backed in “gildam arcanum” type effects to other “long” cd skills like judgment, siphon souls, doom bolt :grin: - could be baked into sets/conduits with wonky conversion/modifier for said skills

just some more wd/flat/total damage mods for Devouring swarm. let’s make spam DS builds a thing!
(why? cuz why not)

Some skill behaviour changes or modifiers to the secondary (if only visual).

For example,
PRM fragments spiraling out (slow curve speed) instead of the basic fragments

Red laser tether for vitality storm box

Less but bigger exploding projectiles with a longer time in between volley for devastation.

Ice/poison clouds/aether fire path for versions of vire might secondary

Shortened but widened (elemental!) forcewave (with massive knock back?). Elemental so fits with the cadence transmuter😁

The cold grenado part on Demolitionist conduit almost have no part on any build because of conflicting slot with the Rimetongue set. Meanwhile cold grenado item that support rimetongue already got their fire damage converted to cold part covered like this:

perhaps change the grenado damage conduit to chaos and make it spam version with -40% total damage modifier?

4 Likes

Things I didn’t know I wanted

2 Likes

I enter this request knowing it can never be executed, but no less zealous about its hypothetical implementation so that my eternal desire of a true unarmed Monk style build UN-MODDED can be realized.

A Conduit that gives you like +5000% damage (Or a competitive amount of flat damage) if you have no weapon or off-hand equipped.

Weapon Dadamage modifier for RF, somewhere I don’t really know. Especially for 2H weapons.

Please, elemental resistance reduction in star pact (Arcanist)!

For the memes: Elemental Eye of Reckoning, purple spin-to-win!

+1 to Fire Storm Totem :heart_eyes:
Kind of digging that Acid Mortar Trap too.

Another meme concept; S&B Cold Bone Harvest Oppressor Oppressor, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator

What’s the main problem? Chillblood’s Carcass proc is not really reliable as flat RR source. Increasing it’s proc chance to %50 in return increase the cooldown to 1,5 or 2 could work.

Second problem; Getting last RF points. Changing ‘‘Raging Tempest’’ points on shield to RF would be good. Making S&B Cold Ritualist is a bit hard anyway. Or, change ‘‘Retribution’’ points on Iceskorn gloves with RF points.

2 Likes