V1.1.9.X Discussion - March of the Memes

• Arcanor, Blade of the Luminari; modifier that allows it to be used for AAR :yum:

not saying i cooked up a 2h elemental AAR templar, temporarily forgetting AAR requires an offhand, but i think it could be real cool if it became possible :wink:

2 Likes

personally I think a 5th set supporting sigil would be a bit overkill especially since fire sigil is fairly well supported via other items… I think a set that does bloody pox justice would be nice. Fire would be an interesting meme route to go down for it too. Fire rr, acid/vit to fire, and a big added burn dot? Too much to ask?

I’ve had this type of request directly shot down in the past, but it wont stop me from asking again or liking this comment.

my request was as follows:

Here goes an absolute shot in the dark. I dont think its something that will go over, but the idea came to me and it couldn’t help myself if I never at least proposed it. Is there any chance of one new item being added to fill a previously empty role? My idea was to create a legendary 2H mace with a model that looks like a 2H staff… This item would have a special item tag that would allow Albrecht’s aether ray to be used on a 2h weapon. The idea would be thematic around the uniqueness of Albrecht himself, similar to his duality ring. It would support dual damage chaos/ aether AR. The following conversions would need to be in place to maintain the idea of dual damage without leaving open the door of converting to a single damage type. 100% aether to chaos, 100% lightning to aether, 50% fire to chaos, 50% fire to aether to albrechts aether ray plus some %weapon damage added. Giving the weapon +4 fabric of reality would be fitting. Occultist secondary support would be for the player favorite class warlock. +2 occulist and a CoF mod for 10-15 chaos/aether rr. It would have split weapon damage between chaos/aether base, cast speed, and global vit to chaos roll. this is a rough outline of what the build could look like, but with slotting in the new weapon Warlock, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.0) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator
perhaps a decent chunk of % weapon damage with a negative total damage mod

7 Likes

alright you got me at the warlock part

Literally just now, While discussing pet builder i’ve got idea forces modifier: make Reap Spirit permanent (like wind devil last patch) but greatly increase skills cooldown.

And one more. There is no any piercing pet builds.

1 Like

I would kinda like to see stuff that alters how abilities function rather than only X type converted to Y type

also i know this likely isnt posible until maybe GD2 but i would like druid-like shapeshifting abilities

something in the lines of,2 base forms for a mastery,a bear for defense a cat/wolf for offence,and with every second mastery you pick those forms alter,like if its occultist one would be a big demon thing,if necro some kind of abomination etc

1 Like

+10 from me! :+1:

• Upheaval, but working with a 1h + shield

Wouldn’t mind this either, Inquisitor is the next best mastery for pets after Occultist/Necromancer/Shaman and we don’t have too many pet Deceivers/Vindicators posted to the forums and I can’t recall any Apostates being posted.

Other than Piercing though, another one or two options for Physical pets would be appreciated. Shaman is already more than fine with Briarthorn and Primal Spirit so how about Necromancer? How about converting all of the Acid/Poison/Vitality on Blight Fiend to Physical/Internal Trauma as well or converting the Vitality damage on Raise Skeletons and Will of the Crypt to Physical for some more options.

1 Like

We all know PS + Savagery use(for buffs); I myself don’t prefer that skill rotation but it’s okay. There is also some support for Cooldown PS + Savagery style with range weapons. There is also CD PS with DW Stormrend for DoT stack. But there is no support for CD PS in melee. I mean yes, you can play CD PS with Ultos set, but this is what you’ll get Shaman, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator and there is not enough points for second mastery. I mean, yeah it’s possible for Soldier to get just support skills but again you need high enough OA for Upheaval, and no more points for other WPS.

So what I’m asking is, a 2H melee CD PS support, it doesn’t have to be lightning base, since there is Ultos set and one can build a good balance between them I guess. And for CD PS, since I tried it before, it really underperforms than spam Savagery or PS or even any other spam skill, so if it’s getting support, it need some modifiers for it. More CD, much more WD and DoT like…

One idea I’m kinda curious about…is it mechanically possible for item skill modifiers to change the behaviour of a skill? Currently modifiers tend to add extra projectiles, range, AoE or convert damage. I’m just wondering if there’s more they could do. Cause if so there are so many options to explore there. Like making Phantasmal Blades bounce instead of piercing. Making totems mount on your character (so you’re a walking lightning rod). Making Forcewave shoot out in multiple directions (like the RoH explosion). Making Doombolt chain like Torrent. Obviously these ideas need to be reined in a bit as that would take way too many development resources. I’m just spitballing here.

1 Like

Wondered about this. Wanted seeking replicating missile fragments but figured it was a big no.

• Sigils of Consumption; going on hunger strike
    removes the lifesteal but amps up the dmg, pref adds some sort of explody FX to the enemies stepping on it - unsure which would be the derpiest fitting dmg type :thinking:

• BWCC; Blackwater Crowd Control
    modifier on something that adds 50% chance of knockdown for 3secs and 50% chance of confuse for 3secs to Blackwater Cocktail :grin:

1 Like

Occultist: CoF has -bleed RR, so why not add bleeding support to another Occultist active skill, like Sigil or BoD, or even DEE. Pox bleeding dmg is so minor that noone uses it as dmg skill.
Same as Oathkeeper, would be nice if Aegis of Menhir supports bleed dmg.
Bleeding part has very fewer builds vs other dmg types, and most of them have Shaman mastery.

5 Likes

Lightning Ill Omen conduit with -%15 rr.

2 Likes

I recommend you all to have a look at Grim League Skill visual changes for Meme inspiration.
If you’d like to comment on that, please do it in the linked thread to avoid making a mess here.

2 Likes
  • piercing pierce devastation
    and it fires horizontally :grin:
2 Likes

Acid Savagery Conduit. And an Acid Upheaval mod to somewhere for Trickster, Archon and Conjurer. Ofc DW also can use the conduit.

1 Like

Perhaps the last time I will mention the My CDR Judgment build.
Since the ability to cut the cooldown down to 0.4 was removed during the playtest phase, I think “March of the Memes” thread is a better place for it than “Endgame Viability”. Let me remind you that the pursuit of maximum CDR forces you to choose equipment that is not always compatible with each other (heterogeneous damage, conflicting conversions) and even the toughness of the Targo set does not allow tanking everyone and everyone, especially in deep SR, turning the gameplay into “step-and-cast” cycles.
Targo2

Increased cooldown for Mortar Trap, but every shell is “The Big One,” and you shoot more of them before they expire, so that even if you reduce the number of mortars summoned, each one gets significantly more “OOMPF!”

Plus, when was the last time “The Big One” was even used in a build?

When has anyone used Cooldown Panetti’s using the Ludrigan’s Set?

Speaking of big cooldown and big damage abilities, we need a lot of flat Physical and Physical RR to Word of Pain so that it’s possible for a Tactician to clear the screen just using War Cry (using the Warborn’s Set to reduce the recharge) and Word of Pain. If necessary, you can swap the Aether or Chaos WoP affix with the Physical Stormbox so that you’re not having 3 conduit affixes on one ability.

Either that or add a ton of flat Physical to Horn of Gandarr. You can convert the Piercing to Physical with just one item, and it’s easier to build around 3 nodes (War Cry, Break Morale, and Horn of Gandarr) than 5 nodes. Full shout build needs to happen.