V1.1.9.X Discussion - March of the Memes

Forgive me for forgetting which legendaries may already cover some of these:

Arcanist:
Acid AAR was an earlier suggestion I saw.
Fire Olexra’s Flash Freeze
Acid Callidor’s Tempest (really any other Callidor’s conversion not covered by item modifiers since it’s the only skill with only 1 on the conduit instead of 2)

Demolitionist:
Acid Firestrike
Acid or Vitality Cannister Bomb
Acid Blackwater Cocktail (this would just be a cool alchemical poison vial theme thing)

Oathkeeper:
Pierce Guardians of Empyrion
Lightning Judgment (I just like the idea of lightning vacuum followed by lightning primal strike)

Occultist:
Physical DEE
Piercing Sigil of Consumption

Nightblade:
Acid Phantasmal Blades
Fire Shadow Strike

Inquisitor:
Piercing Rune of Hagarrad
Acid Rune of Kalastor
Fire Stormbox

Necro:
Pierce Ravenous Earth (probably would require too much art change)
Fire Blight Fiend (Big flaming fatboy)

Soldier:
Anything new for Blitz
Acid or Lightning Counter Strike
Acid Blade Arc

Shaman:
Acid Storm Totem, Physical Storm Totem
Fire Briarthorn (Burning bush monster huehuehue)
Acid Wind Devil (other options seem cool here too)

1 Like

I would love to see some modifiers that manipulate skill mechanics not just conversions and GFX, so like 0 cooldown Aegis like people have suggested or i.e. increased cooldown + damage Trozan Sky Shard, increased summon limit - total damage Storm Totems/Mortars, increased radius, cooldown and damage to Callidor’s Tempest, etc.

2 Likes

Chaos savagery for some nice 2h meme conjurer !

1 Like

While we are at it, since i hear a lot of Forcewave here i would like to suggest an upgrade to it’s damage conversion visuals.

Currently, only the ground effect of the wave changes visuals depending on damage type. The upper shockwave doesn’t change colors. For instace with Mythical Arcanor (elemental version) ground effect becomes purple but upper shockwave is still yellow. I know @tqFan made a full purple Forcewave effect for elemental version and it looked awesome.

Please make Forcewave conversions change the color of entire Vfx, not just the ground effect.

6 Likes

I’m not against memes, but it might be better to tighten up existing epic sets with the help of conduits. For example , make a prefix with the conversion from physical and acid damage to lightning for Grasping Vines. It would look inimitable with a change of animation and would strengthen this set: Dawnshield - Item sets - Grim Dawn Item Database .

Lightning to Physical conversion for Stun Jacks.
Throw some Bleed damage onto there as well for extra spice.

Meaningless, because there is: Mythical Beronath, Reforged - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database. No one will use such a conduit.

Soldier:
Pierce FW (possible with flat RR to FW)
Lightning BA

Nightblade:
Acid PB
Acid BS

Arcanist:
Possible change vitality PRM to chaos PRM

Shaman:
Fire Savagery
Acid Wind Devil

Oathkeeper:
No cd Aegis of Menhir

3 Likes

These are exist. Alladrah daggers provides fire savagery, and there is already a conduit for acid WD.

Counter Strike is rather lacking outside of retal. So, maybe, fire CS, anyone?

100% physical → fire, some flat and +1m radius. And penalty to total retal, I guess, to avoid it being “exploited”. Slap Colossal Fortress on this bad boy and you got yourself a build (Commando, probably) that says “can’t touch this” to your enemies. Not sure how memey that would be, though. If that’s somehow too good for memes, make it… chaos instead?

Concerning existing conduits… I was pointing at elemental Aegis one already, but I’ll do that again: make fire/burn damage a 33% split between elements as well, because right now it’s 66% fire and 33% cold and lightning - so basically a gimped fire AoM with no real benefits. Now that OK got elemental RR it only makes sense to equalize that elemental damage on AoM. Maybe also change Celestial Presence points with +1 to OK on Hyrian’s Bulwark.

1 Like

And here I thought memes were anything with more than 6 minute Crucible times. Too bad we can’t get Sad_Lee in to tell us what he would consider meme builds.

• I’d love to see Chaos - Cold conversion for Hellhounds, as we already have Physical and Fire → Cold conversion
  • If we can’t get global Elemental → Acid conversion for pets (most we can get is the blue amulet), then Acid Ravens would be neat (it’d practically be Vultures)
  • Flat Bleed and Aether → Physical conversion to Reap Spirit so we can finally make use of that Legendary medal that gives lot of bleeds to Briarthorn and Blight Fiends.
  • Acid-Aether conversion to Blight Fiends
  • %Acid Damage and some % Racial Damage to Master of Death so that Hybrid Acid Pet Cabalist can actually work.

That’s the extent that I can think for pet builds. Most of the pet damage types are already well done and there’s not much we can do

1 Like

I mean… he can always send in one of his many devoted envoys to announce his verdict to us?

nope-fanfare

Sword and board forcewave spam

Someone’s idea of Pierce doom bolt would be cool

I saw zero Cooldown aegis of Menhir? Also awesome.

Chaos wind devils

Chaos storm totems

Support for 2h retaliation. Off topic but seeing some support on Kraken would be cool.

Gotta say, color changes (damage type conversions) are pretty boring memes. Y’all gotta step it up. CD manipulation (especially when the CD increases, rather than being brought to zero) is much wackier.

Cadence but with a cooldown, with the big bonk being even bigger? That’s more like it.

2 Likes

100 hits to charge cadence and then one shot a nemesis, sign me up

2 Likes

I agree that there is room for even meme-ier stuff. One of my favorite builds of all time was my attempt to make Devastation as tiny as possible, so I’d love to see radius increasing or reducing mods at the expense of total damage increases or decreases. Callidor’s Tempest as large as Flash Freeze but with a huge damage penalty? Or maybe a Blacktiny Cocktail with a big damage buff?

3 Likes

Well since pyran is a thing, ranged CT please where it shoots a smaller aoe

2 Likes

AAR that bounces off surfaces
Aegis Shield Toss (aoe around the character)
0CD Aegis
Primal Strike is now a spell that you can cast on a target (similar to Pyran’s skill, except it’s primal strike)
Trozan’s Sky Shard is now a large meteor (2x Aleksander’s)
Wind devils get replaced by tasmanian devils

Forgot about that.

Okay, new idea - tri-elemental Drain Essence, that makes it look like a rainbow.

2 Likes

Fire Storm Totem is a fantastic idea