Vampirris needs a major upgrade

I feel that this is likely a flaw in the channeling skill FoI. If you think about it, DoT on a skill that ticks multiple times per second and wants cast/attack speed is not ideal. I suppose it’s lucky that some “channeling” skills like EoR rarely have dot.

It doesn’t matter how fast you cast, you can only get a better crit, but essentially there is no difference for the dot if casted once or frequently, with enough duration increase. Dots tick 1/s. The only advantage is that you can estimate the dot and move onto another target quicker…but in practice…less than a second more focus will do it. Even with the limited cone, the start-stop delay makes it tricky to quickly dot a pack.

So…the skill is not about to change at this late time. It already has a transmuter with damage type mods. More AoE could have been nice on a transmuter focused more of DoT.

I have tried to think up a build that did focus on FoI dots only, but it went nowhere for the few damage types I tried. Too much investment for too little. Yet the community never ceases to surprise, so … who knows.

as @MergosWetNurse’s pointed out, I was thinking something similar to Mythical Fiendgaze Tome and have pet damage conversion to chaos.

It opens up new build possibilities since atm elemental > chaos options are limited to a few off-hands for pets and felt like a harmless request in the grand scheme of things.

Which basically means that if it doesn’t have RR, significant elemental->chaos for pets, or any stats that outperforms the following

Already existing:

• Dracarris
  • Scourge or Black Hand = with pet
  • Witching
  • Covenant,Fiendblood which never get used (covenant maybe in rare case of full set…)
  • Offhands

…then it will be a waste of time putting pet stats on it…as it will never get used. And if it does have better stats…then the others will drop off the map.

Imho it’d be better in that case to simply add better player stats.

• Dracarris never gets used other than in meme builds due to the player requiring to get kills.
  • Scourge / Black Hand does not have conversion and Scourge has same issue as Draacarris.
  • Witching hour is 2handed
  • Covenant is good, but is full set.

RR is not necessary, but yes it will need like 100% Ele > chaos.

I can make you atleast 3 different builds with it if it had Ele > Chaos conversion

There aren’t any competing items though. Like, you are not going to use Witching Hour for Chaos Reap Spirits. You won’t use Dracarris or Scourge or Black hand for say, Chaos Birbs.

There is a pet offhand for that. It’s rare even for player weapons to duplicate offhands. Restricted picking and choosing is part of the GD game.

I’m guessing that your complaint is that it breaks a pet set… but I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a chaos RS pet build (maybe by TPOM?)

That is what I meant by

Ultimately, Zantai’s decision ofcourse. But I don’t feel like it would be bad for the game to have more options and build varieties.

I guess we differ in our opinions on that :woman_shrugging:

And if it had pet bonuses, it won’t only be a “player weapon” :stuck_out_tongue:.
I was thinking like how we have Mythical Manifestarius & Bysmiel’s Mindweaver for phys > elemental for example.

The chaos reap spirit build in question is indeed by TPOM - [1.1.9.0] Chaotic Spirits - a Chaos Reap Spirit Hybrid Pet Build [SR80 Complete]

On a unrelated note, I still wish pets had conversion into Physical (as opposed to from Physical) and also options for pierce as well.
I just want more damage conversion options in general :blush:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.