Warden Krieg in Ultimate 1.1.4 patch

He hits like a truck in this patch, no more lazy cruising through base game content in Ultimate I suppose. Feels like I am back to my first playthrough after 2k hours in the game :slight_smile:

Especially this skill that he uses

anyone else having problems with base game bosses now with “untwinked” chars?

EDIT: judging from the answers below, monsters bosses in ultimate should not have received any buffs? in this patch or what?

2 Likes

Yes.
Trying to speed running on normal difficulty is a pain now, since bosses have a stupid amount of hp and your gear still suck, especially if you want decent resistances.

But i guess it makes the overall experience for newer player more challangening and thus more enjoyable… Guess this one will be my last legit alt though, it’s waaaay slower than before now to rise alts, at least for me

Speed running is … not what most people do :stuck_out_tongue: but most people will not farm before going into the next difficulty either.

it’s the crossbow burst right?

I guess I’ll stop leveling melee chars.

Then again, there’s that weird meme run I always wanted to do in Dungeon Siege 2 anyways…

1 Like

yup, it hits like a truck, especially if you are pretty close to it and get hit by more than one projectile.

melee chars will have a very hard time leveling and playing untwinked with these changes.

Well, maybe i didnt use the right term.
I used to start a fresh char and, after using the merit, going through shrines and just main quest to unlock factions… Now it’s a lot slower

Yeah I used to do that too. When I read “speedrunning” I think of the subgenre of ARPG players that actually competes in it.

1 Like

Wait, have bosses and monsters been buffed on Ultimate too? I thought it was for Veteran only.

Ultimate wasn’t touched as far as I’m aware. It was Veteran and Elite a bit I think, also Normal bosses have been buffed heatlh-wise a bit as well.

Yeah I read the patch notes, seems that it is only Normal, Veteran & Elite.
But in the same time, Zantai wrote

and Elite is not endgame afaik so he must mean that also Ultimate bosses deals more damage, that is how I interprent the qoute above.
Judging from another thread, I read that the the base game nemeses got some buffs, like Fabius and Iron maiden.

I can also tell that Bastion of Chaos in Ultimate is harder now than before. Before patch I could just cruise with a lesser-geared char. Now she can actually get hit pretty hard in there, also by champion mobs. I have done a substantial amount of runs so that I could tell that this was just not some bad luck with the mutators.

Let’s say this, I am a bit confused now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Well, I think he meant bosses and possibly heroes in Ultimate base game. Other than that I don’t think mobs were touched. It’s really to bring the base game’s difficulty level up to be more on a par with the expansions rather than having the big jump in difficulty that a lot of people found when they dived into them.

yeah that is what I think he meant too.

I am fine with the change I was just a bit confused.

It effectively means that one has to “gear up” earlier. Before I just made sure that I had enough gear for Master of Flesh, Kymon and Korvaak on elite and then basically no gear change until Ekket’Zul in Ultimate…

… now I have to prepare even for Warden Kreig in Ultimate :slight_smile: (i.e. high armor and absorb, and 80% resistances, before I could just steam roll up to Ekket’Zul as I mentioned)

He doesn’t do the crossbow burst if you stay close to him, you just have to dodge the shockwave and follow-up aether wave in close and all good.

Yeah, what I meant was “semi-close”

The bosses definitely got stronger on Ultimate. I struggle because all my new characters start on Ultimate and I don’t have a full devotion tree yet.

Zarthuzellan killed me like 4 times in a row with a new Shieldbreaker I’m working on in Ultimate. It’s mostly the bloody retaliation on the Skeletal Knights he spawns as well as the new aura he gives them. Playing melee is extremely tough now. He doesn’t spawn skeletal knights in the previous patch.

On my endgame characters though, it’s business as usual but I’ve run into situations were 4 hero mobs are enough to take you out. You actually have to watch out for certain attacks and move out of harms way in this patch. Perhaps this is what the devs were going for.

how did you change game version?

I already had a tab open before the update. I can confirm they did buff Ultimate enemies as well. In most cases enemies in the current patch not only hit harder but have new self buffs or skills.

Aren’t all mobs’ stats including bosses just level-scaling? I. e. if you have a stronger “base” Krieg stats and stronger scaling for him in normal -> elite that would automatically mean he is stronger in ultimate.

I guess so

In that case in order to make ultimate bosses not stronger with the patch, they would have to hard lock and scale down the bosses levels, there is pretty much no other way.