Warder Lighting Build Tank/DPS Solo Gladiator Crucible - Ultimate Avatar of Mogdrogen - 258k top hit

Using Behemoth - Spear of the Heavens - Rhowan’s Crown in Devotion

This is a heavy lighting Warder, alot life sustein, high dps and high tank as well, very solid, can solo anything.
I wasted several hours thiking about sinergy only in devotion took me few hours and I tasted alot weapons combinations, rings, gloves, shields and etc…

My mates after seeing me playing with this build wanted to test and everyone loved (5 mates so far) and all liked alot and said to me makes a thread showing the build.

My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/stacler/

Lets go for what really matters.

For the beginners chose Kymon’s Chosen as allied Faction, has a augment which is very important for this build.

I paused the game to show which was a single player and I really soled crucible gladiator.

Top hit + some status.

Skills

Base skills: http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-lbTBnK

Skill explanation

Shaman Tree

• Savagery Single target damage
  • Storm Touched Additional damage
  • Oak Skin 2 points because to get 75%+ Pierce Resist
  • Wind Devil + Ranging Tempest Elemental Resist Debuff and Devotion Proc - Nice skill to proc, you can sumon 3 and hits twice per second each one
  • Wending + Blood Pact Huge sustein and uses only 2 points
  • Brute Force Damage boost

Soldier Tree

• Scars of Battle Dont forget that skill, reduces stun/freeze, which helps alot for nemesis, bosses, crucible
    And also high bleeding resist which helps to get top bleeding resist and mainly armor increases. Pretty solid passive.
  • Military Conditioning Nice defensive buffs
  • Decorated Soldier Offensive and deffensive buffs
  • Fighting Spirit Huge DPS and OA Bonus
  • Blitz Mobility
  • Field Command + Squad Tatics DPS / Atack Speed / OA Bonus

The AoE damage comes from Devotion and Itens proc

Gear

- Weapon : Ulto’s Weapon or Stormreaver w/ Potent Creed’s Cunning and Haunted Steel (Life Steal and the Active its essential)
I tested Stormreaver and Ulto’s Weapon alot both, but both seens pretty solid, still dunno which one will be better.
- Neck : Ulto’s Gem w/ Black Tallow and Kymon’s Vision
- Ring : Any Green/Blue ring w/ Light damage + Resists which you need w/ Overseer’s Gaze and Corpse Dust (Resists and dps bonus)
- Ring : Glyph of Kelphat’Zoth w/ Overseer’s Gaze and Corpse Dust (Very solid ring for this build)
- Helmet : Ultos’ Hood or Ulzuin’s hat w/ Mankind’s Vigil and Sanctified Bone
- Armor : Ulto’s Armor w/ Mankind’s Vigil and Sanctified Bone
- Shoulder : Ulto’s Shoulder w/ Mankind’s Vigil and Silk Swatch
- Pants : Stormcage Legguards w/ Silk Swatch and Mankind’s Vigil
- Gloves : Light’s Defender Gauntles w/ Bladeward Powder and Spellwoven Threads
- Boots : Stormtitan Threads w/ Antivenenom and Bladeward Powder
- Belt : Tinker’s Ingenuity w/ Antivenenom and Bladeward Powder
- Medal : Mark of Divnity w/ Attuned Lodestone
- Relic : Eye of the Storm

Ultos’ Weapon + Ulzuin’s its a pure dps combo, Ultos’ Hood+Stormreaver its more defensive… But its your call what do you prefer, its a personal choice.
Augments and Components are the same, just needs to hit all resists 75%+ and them DPS.

Switch

Weapon 1h : Crystallun w/ Potent Creed’s Cunning and Haunted Steel
Shield : Meat Shield w/ Potent Creed’s Cunning and Amber

Its very important to use Meat Shield in Swap, its your second life and helps alot to heal your life when you are low hp and potion is in cooldown
I just use swap for that, and Meat Shield its a important item for that

Attribute

Cunning : 10
Physique : 80 points (the rest)

Devotion

• Purple, Green and Pink Crossroads, 1 point each
  • Hammer full
  • Hawk Full
  • Viper Full
  • Tsunami Full linked Wind Devil
  • Behemoth Full linked Mogdrogen’s Pact
  • Rhowan’s Crown Full linked Savagery
  • Eel Full
  • Wraith Full
  • Tempest Full linked Upheaval or Stormreaver’s skill
  • Kraken Full
  • Remove Hawk and Purple Crossroads point
  • Spear of the Heavens full linked Field Command

Leveling

First of all, doesn’t worth to use Savagery until you hit lvl 75 and get some gear/devotion to proc, like Ulto’s.

So, the best way to play in meantime its Cadence + Primal Strike (With cooldown) or Blade Arc + Lanceration, up to you.

Soon Ill add a guide about that.

Videos

Coming soon

Updated few things

Hey, glad to see this build is still viable, I’m in the process of tweaking my old build from v1.0.0.4.

I have a few questions:

1. Have you tried Ulzuin’s hat instead of Ultos, or does it not reduce lightning resist anymore? It used to be the best choice for Savagery builds.

2. What’s the point of having both Crown and Raging tempest, they don’t stack afaik? I toyed around with Wind devil and it always seemed to drain my mana a lot so I ended up going with Black Star of Deceit for flat resist reduction. Also, why no Widow, is it bad now?

3. You seem to lack OA, 4 points in Dying god would help you a lot.

4. I was wondering about Silk Swatch vs Scaled hide on your shoulders, is bleed resist that important in Crucible (haven’t done it yet)? With you having 1.3k armor, it seems like a waste not having 100% armor absorption (or do you get 100% in some other way and I didn’t realise it?).

5. Why Spellwoven threads on your gloves? Does casting Wind devils slow you down too much without it?

6. You have Tinker’s ingenuity and Mark of Divinity, but not Menhir’s will or lvl 12 Wendigo totem. What’s your argument for that, are they simply too weak to keep you alive in Crucible?

7. Markovian’s advantage gives Savagery builds much needed aoe attacks, it seems straight up better than Fighting spirit. How does Storm touched give aoe damage, what changed?

I was about to post my Lightning Savagery Warder build somewhere, and it is quite similar to this one.
This one has some skill and devotion choices I find suboptimal. Also, I highly doubt that the record 250k hit was produced in Ultimate. My record is ~90k with more single-hit DPS and more resist reduction available.

I also think TS lacks OA heavily, so Upheaval makes less sense with that OA. Menhir’ Will not taken is also surprising.

It would be interesting to see the grimcalc with bonuses.

@GeneralCash
The questions were not destinated to me, but I’ll make a few remarks.

Some of the component’s choices are based on a severe lack of pierce resist in this build, I know that because I wear the same gear except the medal and the rings.

If you look at the screenshot you may see he was using all the buffs and consumables when doing that crucible Glad150. Most of the survivability issues in late crucible will come from either immobilising effects like stun or freeze, or from a tigh pack of mobs surrounding you physically without you being able to escape within a few seconds. Last time I tried Gladiator Crucible I had 18/12 Wendigo, 8/16 Menhir’s Will, Tinker’s Ingenuity proc but still died around wave 105 when being surrounded by ~20-25 mobs/heroes. No Wendigo is gonna outheal that amount of damage. However, I was using only HP buff and no consumables.

I tried, but I prefer to use Stormreaver’s (Shaman skills + OA + Energy Absorbed) than Ulzuin’s + Ultos’ Weapon.

But both combo are pretty solid. And forget to list that, thanks.

Ultos’ Weapon + Ulzuin’s its a pure dps combo, Ultos’ Hood+Stormreaver its more defensive… But its your call which one will gonna be, I choose for more defensive, so, its a personal choice.

Crown I like because its a huge DPS boost and some resists which I was needing, and getting Behemoth+Spear of the Heavens you have only 5 points left, the best choise to do with these 5 points its the Crown.

And about Widow, yeah, Widow is still good, but there’s the problem, you dont have point to go as Behemoth+Spear of the Heaven’s+Widow, the only thing you can remove, like I said, its the Crown, but Crown’s uses 5 points and Widow 6 points. So you will need to remove anything else, which is Behemoth.
And I prefer Behemoth than more dps boost, which I have enought from Devotion’s and Behemoth its a awesome defensive devotion, I like alot.

I don’t like to play as glass cannon, like mostly of players do.

Hammer you can’t remove because the tempest, Tsunami neither because Tsunami uses 5 points and the constelation bonus its 5 primordial, Window its 3 primordial, uses 20 primoridal for Spear of the Heaven’s and I have exactly 20 primordial.

To use Widow needs to increases Devotion’s max points, or you remove Crown + Behemoth.

If you or someone hit Spear of the Heavens and Widow full and Behemoth’s skill, Ill glad to see the devotions.

Well, with Fighting Spirit on I hit close 2350 OA, with Crucible boost (which coosts only 12 tributes, I hit 2800 OA)

And you need to chose bethween Dying god x Crown’s, the only chose you have, like I said. I prefer Crown. Cuz in you get a nice OA from Fighting Spirit+Crucible buff and its enought, and with that stats Crown’s procs better than Dying Good.

Or you can put some Physique points in Cunning. Which I dont like, always, Defensive Stats > Offensive Stats.

If you have a huge DPS and dies in 2 hits, its useless that DPS, and I still have a top DPS, which I can kill boss in few seconds. So.

The only boss which I can’t kill quickly its the Avatar of Mogdrogen, but he’s op and also has alot lighting resist, cuz he’s lighting.

So, I don’t see the point, to trade my defensive stats to ofensive stats.

Well, about that Im using Silk to hit 75%+ Pierce Resist, to me any buiild / character needs 75%+ all resist.

For example, I think my vitality its low, and I was thinking somehow to improve that, and the only way to improve that is getting better itens, my itens doesnt has a good rool at all.

Gloves component Im testing, but Im using its mainly for a damage boost, OA boost, the casting speed its a bonus.

Well… Menhrir’s wil its useless for this build, you have enought sustein.
When I hit 50% which isn’t common at all, I just use haunted steel and with the belt passive+mark of divinity passive+behemoth and I go to full hp qucikly, so, its enought healing.

And thats why Im using the meat shield, because I dont have menhrir’s, if somehow my potion, haunted’s steel skill, behemoth, mark of divinity, belt are all in cooldown, I just needs to type W and I have a better Menhrir’s and also saves me alot points to use in another skills which will really help you.

And about Totem, the life steal from Blood Pact and all these healing I said before it’s enought healing, you don’t need to waste your points in totem, and also with gear which increases your shaman skills, you hit a descent level in totem.

With all procs, iten’s passive skill, you have enought AoE, really, enought AoE, dont need more AoE.

And Fighting Spirit I like because also boost OA and 170% all damage its a insane boost. With Fighthing Spirit I hit close 2350 OA.

Ok, create a game and I can carry you crucible gladiator without any buff potion and how If my character doesn’t hit harder.

I just don’t make a video showing it, because I forget how to record a video, was some time which the last time I used that.

Don’t feel offended by my comment.

It would be good to see some videos of popular benchmark runs, like BoC/Fabius/Sentinel/Mad Queen/Cricible.

Sorry…

And about the videos Ill gonna try to do that this week.

Here’s the base I use: http://grimcalc.com/build/http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-ne5HPT. You can not get to Tempest from there, but I tested Tempest (maxed) and the benefits are simply not worth the massive point investment (11 points total). The last 5 blue devotion points can be acquired via either Eel (for maximising the amount of leftover points), Hound + Crossroads (slightly better bonuses than Eel for an extra point) or Tsunami (extra proc but costs 5 devotion points). I opted to put the final points Eel + full Manticore (25% psn resist > extra health and armor from Hound) because the proc allows me to remove Black star (it’s also more reliable vs bosses) and use BoM to max Savagery and get more OA. There are definitely alternatives I haven’t tested yet, but this seems much stronger than any Tempest setup I tried as well as my old setup with Falcon since the proc seems quite weak now.

I have found that the flat resistance reduction from Raging tempest or Crown is simply too weak. Aside from WD draining my mana and Crown being a huge investment for few other benefits, the all resist reduction (combined with % all resist reduction from the augment or Open hand ring) improves lifesteal significantly vs bosses.

Arcane bomb is non-negotiable in my book, it’s simply too good for the point investment, especially compared to Tempest. Tempest looks slightly more appealing for the dw elementalist/sabo because of the way flat damage bonuses work with dw.

Edit: I would have to level up Tsunami to fully test it, does it really do 51 base lightning and 32% weapon damage as GrimCalc says? Because that seems really weak for the cooldown, definitely worse than Falcon, even after the nerf.

Yep the base values are true. Some properties will be missing, but whats there is true.
Also, can you fix your link please? It does not work even when fixed. I believe if you go into grimcalc.com and did a ctrl f5 then saved your build, it’ll all be fine.
I dont even know how you managed to get that link, because for people using their cache and are on the old version, save function will not work.

That’s what I have at the moment (with bonuses):
http://grimcalc.com/build/1006-TGQ1kO

I did some devotion rearrangements recently, mostly trying to figure out how much lifesteal is enough, considering I have a Cronley’s ring with 6% lifesteal on it.

In my case I did some mistakes with stat points allocation once again, probably I should’ve put less in both cunning and spirit. (e.g. 10-15). Nevertheless, works good on single-target. Not so good in Crucible because of lack of CC and AoE damage.

I can’t see your grimcalc, some bug/error, can u write here?

Made me curious.

Any reason for the 10 points into cunning? Is this just to equip your secondary sword weapon?

Trying to figure out how you sustain well. Do you have high HP regen? Life leech is only from haunted steel, feral hunger, and totem? Meat shield + mark of divinity + haunted steel skill for when your HP gets low. I’m surprised you don’t have kymon’s will or war cry.

I have a physical build warder with similar stats except I’m at 50% physical resist. Aether resist is only 50% though. Even though my sheet DPS is 45k, I can’t seem to kill fast enough to sustain myself through life leech (against hard hitting bosses). I’m at 12 wendigo totem too…

Falcon swoop and Blind fury isn’t that impressive damage wise. I’m thinking about making the switch to lightning soon for the AoE dmg.

Well… My character at first was only 32 points in Soldier, which needed 10 points in cunning to equip some gear.

The belt hp regen helps alot also to sustein, I also have behemoth with proc with belt status, and behemoth its almost always up.
Combo behemoth + belt (which increases alot hp regen), its a nice combo for sustein.

And about war cry I tried to use that skill, Im still thinking to somehow to get that skill.

And about resist, yes, without potion, but Im using another ring now which all my resist are 80%+

Ahh ok thanks for the reply. One more question, wind devil’s damage doesn’t seem that impressive. I’m guessing it is more for the elemental reduction. I think you can technically drop it since you already have elemental resist reduction from devotion skill - elemental storm. According to this post, these two resist debuffs do NOT stack. Unless I’m reading it wrong

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47467

Updated few things and changed skills build

For devotions: consider dropping hammer. With wraith, rhowans crown, and one point in the purple cross-road, you can then distribute those two saved points else where. I don’t think you really need %physical damage or internal trama damage.

I noticed you switched and put 10 points into war cry. I did the same. I dropped fighting spirit for more points into Tenacity of Boar. I didn’t like the 16 second cool down for fighting spirit. I’d rather have more consistent OA/DA buff for longer fights. Maybe fighting spirit is better with the Crucible cool down reduction though. I put a few more points into wendigo totem since I needed more sustainability.

So far, I only completed crucible (2nd difficulty) with only HP buff. Haven’t tried gladiator difficulty yet. I’m still looking for the last Ultos piece (the weapon) which has a nice AoE proc. Not sure if it will be better than stormreaver or not.

Would be cool to see a video one day so I can compare! Not sure why I’m struggling so much just to beat the 2nd difficulty.

Ultos axe is much better than stormreaver even if you ignore the 5 piece set bonus. With that it becomes a vast vast improvement

Well… Like I said Stormreaver its more deffensive one, the stats “50% Energy Absorption From Enemy Spells” and +2 skills points, helps alot for surviviality, that stats from Stormreaver which absorv 50% enemy spells, helps alot when comes 3/4+ bosses in the final waves on gladiator, which hurts his skills.

But now, which Im using War Cry and Charriot, has more surviviality, Im using Ulto’s Weapon, and still testing about the hemet, Ulzuin has a nice dps boost (decreases enemies light resist), but Ulto’s hood has a nice hp pool and the 5th Ulto’s set bonus.

And about about video, needs to wait my college’s test to finish, last year and end of the year, so…
And with the cooldown reduction from crucible buff, its always up the fighting spirit + baner + crucible damage buff, wow, the damage its pretty insane.

And Fighting spirit helps alot in Crucible, Indeed, when comes 3/4+ boss, you need to kill 1~2 as fast possible.

And you needed more sustainability probably your devo skills, like beho, is still low level.

Just want to say thanks for this build guide. Some people like to experiment and come up with their own builds, some people like myself like to try builds made by other people then modify it to their liking.

If you could put in your skill progression say, every 10 levels so we can see roughly which skills you’re using at which level, it would be a great help. For example, I didn’t notice that you said you didn’t start using Savagery until lv. 75, so I maxed that one right off the bat.

But overall, great guide and I’m really enjoying playing this build.