[Warder] Pure RETALIATION, REFLECT, INVINCIBLE, 100k+ DAMAGE, Hardcore Ultimate 100% Done (SF Gear)

Well done on the build.

A question regarding the gear. If you would have the fortune to get whatever items you want and gear up your toon, what would you get then?

I see in your picture that you are using the following items (correct me if I’m wrong).
Dawnbreaker’s Sledge
Markovian’s Stratagem
Stormtitan Treads
Thorngirdle of the Misty Glade
Thornhide Legguards

Do you consider those items best in slot?

I know this is a retaliation/reflect build but why aren’t you atacking instead of standing still ?
You could both atack and reflect damage at the same time , no ?

He just shows how much enemy takes damage alone from retaliation/reflect or his too lazy to attack.

ok if i took 3 minutes to kill shar’zul i’d probably kill myself first:D

ult loxmere kill on HC is pretty cool though.

also j/w - can reflect enemies reflect ur reflect dmg back?

Can you pleas list what gear you got equiped at the pictures? I see you got some green ring. I Just like to see what kind of gear you got, sinc i realy like this kind of build and playstayl.
Thanks in advance :wink:

check the Vid in first post:

When it comes to Devotion points is there a certain order you should do first?

Good eye, you’ve logged some hours :slight_smile: I have the gear listed below in the vid. As far as them being best in class, I think some of them may be such as the amulet and leggings, but I’m confident there is better gear out there. The green items I simply bought from the faction quarter masters tier 4 and the blue items are good but there’s more in the dawn breaker set that I think may be better but I only have the weapon in that set.

Hetzer’s Average Gear: https://youtu.be/nwZI-G87wMU

I could but it’s no point. I do upwards of 100k+ damage retaliation and my weapon damage is so low that it’s just not worth effort. It says 1k weapon damage in the vid but in Ultimate 80% of that is negated by the enemies resistances/armor.

3 min with no risks on HC Ult, I’m quite happy. Plus for us lazy folk 3 min is stellar :slight_smile: I can’t help it if the guy doesn’t strike me as fast as Loxmere lol

On reflect, that’s a negative. Like the old Final Fantasy days when reflect was invented, damage only bounces once.

Actually I show it all here in the vid but I think I’ll take some screen’s and add it to the op:

Hetzer’s Average Gear: https://youtu.be/nwZI-G87wMU

Nope. Though Messenger of War is definitely one to work for early. Turtle adds a nice early game circuit breaker as well, at max level it shields you for 2700 damage (but that’s not much in ultimate).

I’ve updated my 2nd post below the original post to include screenshots of all the gear to make it easier than viewing the vid.

In terms of building, level wise, are there certain points I should try to watch out for, i.e: be max Will by x level, max overguard by Y level; etc? currently level 15, thinking I screwed up by dropping 25 points into shaman mastery this early :undecided:

Nothing wrong with being heavy in Shaman early. You actually have a lot of leeway as long as you gain your basic soldier skills by act 4 where there’s some heavy hitters. Menhir’s will especially. I’m confident this build whether shaman or soldier heavy can take on loghorrean in normal. The skills should be better organized before venturing out in elite however.

Sorry for being stupid but by core skills do you mean the actives like over guard, Will, Field command and bulwark?

Will, Field, and anything that adds to resistances/armor. Damage will take care of itself, so you want to beef up things pertaining directly to survival. Overguard, shield training and veterancy can wait as they are weaker in terms of survival. I did those last. Since you went the shaman route I would get menhir’s will for around 5 points, then bounce back and max out heart of the wild and oak skin. Then go back to soldier.

I do soldier+commando, but basically same item concept (with 2 differences due to commando)
It’s super strong lategame, BUT.

Let me say one thing:

I really like to play tanky, low dps chars. THIS DUDE HOWEVER IS EVEN SUPER BORING TO ME

Casters and ranged attackers are a pain in the ass.

It’s the worst game start i’ve ever head. i think it’s adviceable to play a normal dps char till u reach lvl ~50, or at least ~35. ur killspeed before that is terrible. if all opponents were fast moving, fast attacking meele creeps, it would be different.

It’s the most annoying to level character i’ve ever played. you basically have to skip 30% of the mobs, some bosses dont meele attack = sucks as well.

for playing on SC how would it be to drop some points from totem,pact, and lower some of the maxed skills in solider to get blade arc w/ clean sweep and lac for some damage?

I like the tanky retal builds but would like to do some damage myself too.

I don’t know if the damage would be enough to matter on elite or ultimate but I’m sure it would help in normal. If you’re not worried about survivability as a hardcore player would be you could definitely take out a lot of points in many areas and move them to active/damaging skills and still be able to complete it on ultimate. You just might not do it with a spotless record is all.

Any advice in the lower stage lvl 20-30 where to get retaliation gear?

I see Devils Crossing fraction have something at lvl 35.

Always checking vendors but no luck :undecided:

Is there a certain level at which the attribute retaliation is on gear?

For 20-30 the only good stuff I’ve found is green items, sometimes at the vendors, but usually in drops. There are some good retaliation/reflect shields that drop from the shades in Steps of Torment, or anywhere the undead spawn. I would build up your tank skills and attack normally until you hit around level 40, then items such as the perdition set drop (I see those drop alot).

You could try ‘gambling’ for reflect-jewelry at the blacksmiths, something with ‘Incorruptile’ or ‘Menacing’ prefixes, the former also offers important resistances. These should help out some with ranged mobs.

I don’t know for certain whether it is worth the effort, i.e. do these affixes have a high enough chance of spawning when money is tight? I only tried this with higher level chars swimming in gold, err… iron bits.

Hi I am trying to test the hardcore mode with a build like yours, I’d know what to rush at the talents of the soldier? and how to orient his stuff? thk man !