[Warder] Pure RETALIATION, REFLECT, INVINCIBLE, 100k+ DAMAGE, Hardcore Ultimate 100% Done (SF Gear)

Menhir’s will is a good start for skills in the soldier tree. Make sure you have a shield equipped. Focus points into physique for extra health and defensive ability. Turtle is a good devotion to get first as well.

Did you try to kill Bourbouns?

That was fun on my retaliation warder.

ok thank you, and then he must rush Menhirs Bulwark?

I did, actually the legendary reward for killing the bourbons is in my inventory on the screen’s on page 1 as I went and did that just before I remade this post to be updated for 1.0.0.2.

That would be good, for both the retal and damage absorption.

I’ll never understand why people post builds and brag about them on the forum. You KNOW what’s going to follow not that you’ve bought attention to this right? Riiiiiggggghhhht???

Why would the author be worried about what’s going to happen? it’s sucha niche build that requires a certain mindset that most people probably arn’t going to invest the time or effort in getting to ultimate sc or hc on it and farming the gear to get the atrociously high amounts of retaliation and reflection damage rates that squib is showing.

Imo retaliation is an awsome way to go - with the exception of fighting bosses.
Just now i did a boc run (and my commando is only 50% retaliation atm - 50% firestrike) which was quite fun until i met the end boss.
It took me longer to get him down than clearing the rest of the level (3rd?) he is in.

Absolute pain in the ass.
I’m lvl 69 only and still Elite, will that get better with Items on Ultimate?
Otherwise i have to switch to templar build.

Because most bosses attack less and cast stuff more

What is the max reflect possible to achieve?

I just started playing yesterday and i’m trying this build out but I can’t understand how you get the wolverine devotion affinity requirement. I’m sure its in the photo and i’m just being dumb but I have been looking at it for the last 30 minutes and cant figure out how to get the one ascendant affinity point, could someone please help.

Well firestrike vs a fire based boss is always a bit rough, and you likely have some fire retaliation which will be no effect on him either. My retaliation damage is mixed for this reason, acid, physical, bleed, lightning, and heavy on pierce.

All that said, you can kill things some things quicker with other classes for sure. Like any class there’s pros and cons and some guys will be easier with one class than with another. I remember going firestrike and shooting those act 1 zombies that are on fire and not doing any damage. On the flip side, opposites can inflict great damage. My ice based spell breaker, lvl 81 act2 RIP :frowning: dropped the BoC boss in elite in approx 10 seconds, (maybe less as I can’t remember now that he’s passed over to the recycle bin in the sky). But even though he was crazy powerful he couldn’t clear the rest of BoC like this retaliation guy. Another part of the trade off is survivability. This character in general has a higher average survivability than other characters. In SC this means nothing, in HC this is paramount.

A good point also.

Build 31 (or was it 30) I was up to 304% reflect. However one of the recent updates revamped green gear and replaced green gear reflect on much of the equipment with vitality resistance :confused: so I’ve started re-collecting new green gear with reflect but haven’t done a full reflect conversion yet as I’m still collecting new reflect gear. This guy averages 50% - 150%- reflect with his current gear (weapon swap).

You have to unlock the basic affinities in the middle of the devotion (crossroads +15 offensive ability) which if I remember is purple. That will unlock the wolverine.

Maybe i’m looking at this wrong but it doesn’t seem like you have that crossroads constellation.

Crimson once you unlock Wolverine it is self sustaining so you can remove the point from the crossroads and use it elsewhere

Thank you so much for that haha, I had no idea you could remove devotion and I especially did not know the mechanic worked like that. thank you soooo much. :smiley:

No problem, knowing that honestly opens up many more possibilities for devotion setups :slight_smile:

great build! the thing i find difficult is knowing which things go for first in the devotion window :frowning:

didnt put one point in counterstrike? From the gear that 1 point would be a 9. a nice bonus to hit back on those that strike you.

I’m not sure why I’m kind of curious, if you wanted more damage wouldn’t you put a point into counter strike or does that not scale off retaliation damage?

As long as you collect enough Aether Crystals so you can reset, play around! I’ve given the list of ones I liked but I’ve changed it around a bit here and there to see what was better.

I don’t believe it does, I think it just adds some additional damage to your weapon and gives you an extra strike when it procs.