[Warlock] Ultimate Aether Disintegrator (b31, hc, v1.0.0.2)

[Warlock v1.0.0.2]
[With +Skills - Devotion Included]

↑↑↑↑↑
clickable
Arcanist + Occultist
Ultimate Aether Disintegrator

HC ULTIMATE VIDEOS
Loghorrean
BoC Complete
SoT Complete

-General Information-

!!!This Build is heavily Gear dependant you shouldnt try to play Albrecht’s Aether Ray before you have the whole Clairvoyance Set and Codex of Lies!!!

-Attributes Distribution

We need 87 Points into Physique for Armor Equipment requirements and as much Health as possible.

-Skills and Playstyle

Arcanist Skill Tree

Albrecht’s Aether Ray with Disintegrate is our our main damage source.
Devastation is our highest damage cooldown and should be used against large monster packs or Hero’s/Bosses.
Olexra’s Flash Freeze with Absolute Zero is our crowd control spell which also reduces %Fire resistance.
Maiven’s Sphere of Protection with Conversion is our main Defence and reduces the incoming damage by quite alot.
Mirror of Ereoctes is a defensive cooldown which decides between life and death for us.
Nullification is our dispell to get rid of auras like unstopable to freeze our opponent’s or Reflective to not hurt ourself.
Mental Alacrity gives us cast speed which is a significant damage increase and enables us to use our main spell.
Reckless Power increases our %damage and gives us cast speed for more damage.
Iskandra’s Elemental Exchange with Overload and Elemental Balance offers us quite a lot of %Energyregeneration, %Elemental damage and %Crit damage.

Occultist Skill Tree

Blood of Dreeg with Aspect of the Guardian offers us a lot of Offensive Ability, Healthregeneration, Poisen & Acid Resistance and Physical Resistance.
Doombolt offers us another damage cooldown which is quite strong and reduces Enemy’s %Health as long as they arent resistant to it.

Devotion Skills Allocation

Wayward Soul (Chariot of the Dead) - Iskandra’S Elemental Exchange
Giant’s Blood (Behemoth] - Reckless Power
Arcane Bomb (Widow) - Albrecht’s Aether Ray
Turtle Shell (Tortoise) - Maiven’s Sphere of Protection

Warlock Devotion Video

Playstyle and Skill Combinations

Start by using Blood of Dreeg to benefit from all the Buff’s it offers, after that you keep it up all the time. For Hero’s/Bosses use Doombolt and Devastation on cooldown because that are strong damage cooldowns and we have a chance to reduce their cooldown with our Itemsetup. For filler spam Albrecht’s Aether Ray. If anything gets near you use Olexra’s Flash Freeze to crowd control your opponent’s and lower their Fire Resistance. Dont forget to use Mirror of Ereoctes in dangerous sitiuations. If your opponent has Unstoppable, Shielded or Reflective aura’s dont hesitate to dispell them with your Nullification.

-Itemization-

Aim for Aether, Chaos and Fire %damage.
For defensive stats aim for the needed resistances and Health.
Casting Speed is also very important because it increases our chance to proc our skills and boost single target DPS. Try to get atleast 160% to reach an confortable amount.
And get as much Energyregeneration as possible, try to get atleast 200 Eenergyregen per second.

Gear that i find is Best in Slot for this Build:
Main Hand: Clairvoyant’s Wand (Component: Imbued Silver)
Off Hand: Codex of Lies (Components: Purified Salt)
Helmet: Clairvoyant’s Hat (Components: Sanctified Bone)
Shoulders: Clairvoyant’s Mantle (Component: Silk Swatch)
Chest: Clairvoyant’s Robe (Components: Chains of Oleron)
Hands: Aethereach (Component: Restless Remains)
Leggings: Empowered Legplates of Valor (Component: Silk Swatch)
Boots: Golemborn Greaves (Component: Mark of Mogdrogen)
Belt: Phantom-Thread Girdle (Component: Antivenom Salve)
Rings: 2x Albrecht’s Duality (Components: 2x Ectoplasm
Amulet: Peerless Eye of Beronath (Component: Focusing Prism)
Medal: Badge of Mastery (Components: Arcane Spark)
Relic: Agrivix’s malice

-Leveling Tips-

There are different ways to level the Warlock, i would recommend to start with Arcanist and go for Olexra’s Flash Freeze first and max it. After that you should put one point into Mirror of Ereoctes and max Trozan’s Sky Shard. Next we put one point into Frozen Core for the crowd control and 1 point into Absolute Zero for the slow. Now we go all the way to Star Pact and max it for more damage and cooldown reduction, afterwards max Shattered Star for more damage. Now is a good time to start maxing Maiven’s Sphere of Protection and putting one point into Conversion. Put one point into Nullification to dispell annoying aura’s and max Devastation for some burst damage, it synergises well with Olexra’s Flash Freeze, your build should look like that with all 28 Devotion Shrine’s from normal Level 45 Arcanist. Now is the time to go to the Occultist and making our way to Blood of Dreeg where we invest 1 point and keep going for Aspect of the Guardian and max it. After that we max Blood of Dreeg and start maxing Inner Focus. Spend 8 more Mastery points into Occultist for later and put one point into Arcane Will and the remaining 4 into Mental Alacrity. Farm with the build like that Level 85 Warlock until you find the whole Clairvoyance Set and Codex of Lies after you found that Items you can switch to the build at the Top of the Guide.

I would recommend going for Death’s Vigil for the Augments.

Other Builds i can approve of because i played them myself
[Retaliators][Conjurer] Ultimate Vitality Caster
[Elementalist] Ultimate melee Pyroclasm

If you want to ask questions feel free to post them below or visit me on Twitch.tv

How do I convert the Elementalist into Warlock after level 63? :wink:

I had to save my progress because i had to go eat thats why i saved the elementalist leveling tips :slight_smile:

Looking good mate, I am working on the Elementalist from your other guide. Great fun!

Keep up the good work :cool::cool::cool:

I’ve watched Crilow chew up Ultimate with this build… crazy dps though the survivability is mainly in paying attention… sweet build that feels like a caster. 10/10 recommend

Sorry, noob here, where is the best spots to farm once you’ve reached lvl 85 for the set/gear.

There are no “best” spots to farm you can farm everywhere in Ultimate, but i would suggest to farm Steps of Torment or Bastion of Chaos which are currently the only 2 Dungeons which offer a “Endboss” of the area and Chest’s containing items but require a Skeleton Key to farm each time.

Otherwise you can farm cronley and then fabius.

What’s the dps on AAR and Devastation?
Just trying to see the difference with my build.
Thanks!

AAR = 39176DPS, 5489-6817
Devastation = 22063DPS, 10633-12241

if that is what u want here you go. THats with buffs and Blood of Dreeg up but without procs.

Yeah, that’s it. Thanks.

I dont really understand the value in Occultist support here. Seems really shitty compared to demolionnist 200OA buff and total speed buff.

Especially since Curse of Frailty (only acceptable reason to go occultist along with pets and posession buff) doesnt reduce aether res.

So why occultist?? if its just the dumb blood, even nightblade seem better lol

Edit: you dont even have any items that buff occultist skills… at this level of antisynergy, it’s just plain bad sorry.

@Dolpiff
Well, it is a build for the WARLOCK … I mean it works on Ultimate HC, so does it even matter if an other class combination is better or not?

Also not everything is about min/max, I like the roleplay aspect of playing a guy who starts out as arcanist and then becomes a little bit corrupted by the Witch gods…

I personaly would even sacrifce some skills to go 50/50 with Possesion not only for the roleplay, but also for the 100% skilldisrupt

Seems like a nice build. I got a lvl 50 Warlock at the moment and this will help me in the future.

Thx very much for sharing, OP

its not like there is any distinct visual for being a warlock instead of a sorcerer lol… going with occultist in this build is barely any better than not choosing a 2nd mastery xD even shaman would beat it lol

First of all i started this build with intention of playing DEE but i changed my mind. I never said that the Warlock choice would be better than a Sorcerer, if you think a Sorcerer is better then go for it and play it. A Sorcerer has over 100 Spirit less than a Warlock and i would doubt that you would go for the Clairvoyance Set which is mandatory for a Albrecht’s Aether Ray Build for the Energyregeneration and Energyregeneration Spell.

If the Dev’s decide to change something specific i will switch to the Albrecht’s Aether Ray transmuter which wouldnt work with a Sorcerer.

If all you want to do is come into my Build Thread and complain about how bad a second class the Occultist is for my Build, go somewhere else to complain no one is forcing you to play it.

Why do you think the Clairvoyance set is mandatory for AAR? I played an AAR build for quite some time without any issues without the set. I later found the set, and decided I preferred to use a different weapon and no longer use the complete set. You just need to make sure you have enough -Skill Cost and good energy regen and you’ll almost never need energy potions.

The only things i can get with % skill energy cost reduction which i didnt use are Iskandra’s Relic and a Wrath of the Ascendant which would add 17% but in exchange you would lose a lot of damage. I think the Agrivix Malice proc is too strong to drop and the weapon i dont realy like. Which also means you lose the 4 Piece bonus, +1 all skills and the chance to reduce your cooldowns.

I like the build, but can you post the more detailed grimcalc link?=) Devotions also would be nice.

first two things in the Guide are clickable like i wrote that are both Grimcalc links with Devotions

You get 24% (not sure on exact number) from Alacrity, 15% from any offhand of the Oracle, and 10% from one of the amulet only runes. Then there is Iskandra’s Relic, and there is also some mainhand weapons with -'s. Though 50% ish and 240 energy a second does good with only rare potion use.

It’s by no means a requirement to have the whole set. Lately, I’ve been using a gun with an on crit ability that heals well. My DPS is lower, but my survivability is high. I’ve done it with Clairvoyance instead, and found my DPS was higher, but survivability was lower. You also have to level to 68 without it, so learning how to do it without the set is important.