We Need Food Quest Story Question

I found out that you don’t need to repair the Twin Falls bridge to complete the We Need Food quest. I always assumed you need to do that before you speak to Douglas in Homestead to finish the quest.

So the Twin Falls bridge never needs to be repaired as part of any quest. So this makes me wonder the route the food wagons are taking to get to Devil’s Crossing from Homestead without repairing the bridge? Is there an explanation on how the food is getting from Homestead to Devil’s Crossing without the bridge?

Presumably taking the route you did to get to Homestead. Far as I know it’s never been mentioned how it gets from a to b.

I wondered about that. I just can’t see how food wagons can travel through the underground passages of the Arkovian Undercity as that’s the only alternate route from taking the Twin Falls bridge.

Wait until you realize the trip south should be called as the trip north :wink:

Uh, through the rift…?

Only the Taken can use those due to having been possessed by an Aetherial.

Well Ulgrim and refugees can travel to Homestead just fine soon as the Taken “clears” its rift. As well as other NPCs who we send through personal rift (Faldis to DC, those lost people in Ugdenbog to Barrowholm, the kids in Malmouth, etc). I’m not very well versed in lore department though, maybe that’s a different case.

That’s because the Taken makes the riftgates. Don’t think they can use them otherwise.

Yep. So the answer is: Taken creates a safe tunnel for the cargo when needed =) Obviously, we as a player don’t partake in this, since that would look like we are playing a tamagotchi, but I guess it’s assumed in the in-game universe.

Probably sucks for DC people to call the Taken all the time to do the magic, but beats transporting the stuff through the dangers and hazards of Cairn I suppose =) Also, can’t be happening THAT often - probably once in a few months or so.

edit: oh, and one more thing: Homestead and DC are connected by water, so yeah… assuming traveling by boat is somewhat safe, that is.

Also, can’t see Hargate’s Isle on the map =(

If that is how shipments are being made from Homestead to DC, those shipments are occurring frequently as you can’t store produce without refrigeration given that you need to keep feeding Barnabas his fresh corn.

So that means your character is being called in regularly to make another portal for the next supply shipment. The main character should be given a Teamster sub mastery for all the logistics he has to be involved in the game world.

Two words my dude: root cellars. Also, magic. People in Cairn can rain down boulders of ice, blizzards and shit - surely they can muster sucking up the heat and making it cool in some cellar. Hell, DC has a whole dungeon beneath it, so yeah, I think they’re good.

other people than the taken can use the rifts once the taken has opened them/established them
this has happened several times in the game atleast so would assume that’s sorta lore correct and not just weird gameism

this bridge did not exist until like, 2020? so that’s probably why
i don’t even remember the quest telling us to repair the bridge, but merely to cross it; but since we can’t are then told to reroute (and obviously never told to repair it after rerouting, since that wasn’t possible back when the quest was made)

I’ve always thought this was something of a plot hole, and justification for more bridge repair / road clearing in Act II.

Either the rifts are usable without the Taken present, or the food shipment wagoners are pros at making it through some of the most perilous underground passages and dungeons.

2 Likes