Welcome to the BONUS ROUND!

Ok, so I actually recorded this video after the one I posted and I think I might like it a little more but wasn’t sure it was worth the effort of reposting everything.

I figured I’d let you guys take a peak anyway. It isn’t public on youtube but you can access it by link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_uWDK2rnJA

Also, why not a poll?! Wow, I need more sleep…

I like the second one better…going from sunny to slowly darkening and starting to rain demonstrates the weather system better imo :stuck_out_tongue:

Now if there was a few cracks of thunder/lightning that would be even cooler!

I second the second one

How come there’s no “they both rocked my socks” option?

Yup, I liked em both, but I liked this one better.

A little question, is that camera angle fixed? Or will we be able to look up and down, as well as around?

Also have to go with the secret one :slight_smile:

No difference to me.

One has the sun first while the other has rain first. Neither is “better” than the other as far as I am concerned.

Longer is better…that’s what she said.

You can only rotate or zoom in and out. When you zoom in and out the camera pitches up and down slightly, similar to the way it did in TQ, although slightly more so. You can’t freely move it though or look up and down.

I think it offers a good balance of freedom and simplicity.

I liked the 2nd one better. I wish the storm was stronger though. more… I dunno. Obvious? Like the above post said: More thunder and lightning.

Switched the videos in the media section by popular demand. Can’t actually switch them on youtube it seems.

Its a tricky question…from the “rain first” point of view the mist looks better from the starting angle…then as it were the “rain clears as he reaches the high ground”

on the other hand…moving from a position of light to one of claustrophobic weather also works

why not make it action dependant cos both work:)

Naven

I really like the sunshine first. It gives a nice serene feel to an autumn day in the world. Then, out of nowhere it starts raining with good clarity of sound. I think it introduces more of a surprise to the viewer and especially to those who are familiar with what kind of efforts and benefit it provides to the overall experience.

wow I should get back to checking the forum every two hours now. Suddenly so much happens.

The second one!

Pretty much said what I was gonna say.

I really like the second one. It seems more dynamic to have the placid environment shift to harsher weather. My thoughts were “Wow, looks great I love the way the scene looks…okay awesome, the rain took it to a new level.”

To be honest I didn’t notice the rain when I watched the first video.

Aren’t rain and shadows from the sun sort of… mutually exclusive?

The shift from sunshine to rain looks just awesome in the video!

Honestly, the shadows need to fade as the clouds come and it starts to rain