What do 2 handers need?

JEEZ BOROMONOKLI. USE YOUR BRAINS MORE, WHY DON’T YOU.

I actually secretly want your suggestion to be taken up because I love using FoI on 2H :smiley:

How about increasing WD on all 2hs by 30-50% then :rolleyes:

This wont solve melee AA problems 2H have. Only make casters stronger. :eek:

We can only hypothesise, unless the modders are willing to test these changes.

It might work, I’m not disagreeing with you. I just think AS is the easiest and most simple problem to fix. But I’m also biased towards AS, so do take what I say with a pinch of salt :rolleyes:

Hmm, not as much as a 30-50% total damage modified would as most melee skills have higher WD than say FoI or CT.

Also I do like your suggestion of reducing fumble effectiveness for 2hs.

Yes, it is the easiest solution, but two handed weapons are better to hit hard and slow, while one handed to hit not too much but fast. Also, there’d be no difference between dual wielding and two handed weapons if we had 200% attack speed on both on every build.

What about 10% total damage modified? :rolleyes:

Lets see what slowed by 60% 2H cadence do in fumble pool :
Yeah, I`m so powerfull 2H melee with 10005000 weapon dmg. I swing my mace in the name of God!. fumble charge fumble charge fumble (this was supposed to be your cadence hit, btw, good by 100500 weapon dmg ) Oops, you died in 3 seconds cause no lifesteal .
Now compare it to forcewave user with 100500 dmg and forcewave hitting half-screen with it. and leeching 100%*number of hits.
Guess what of these builds would benefint from 30-50% total dmg more? :eek:

Yauss, ptir. Yauss.

You PREACH the truth, brother.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: you made me spill my tea.

Ofc forcewave would benefit from total damage more :stuck_out_tongue:

From though WD default attacks like cadence and wps should on average benefit more. (Yes I know because of fumble, etc. spells would probably benefit just as much, but at least not more as with it would be the case with total damage.)

That’s why I said to rather increase the WD by 30-50% than the total damage.

Hell yeah, +1!
There is a number of ways trough which casters can get skill disruption protection, whereas AA builds have none of that. Sure, DW can somewhat compensate trough high attack speed. I’d have “fumble/impaired aim protection” for all possible AA combinations any time of day, but i’d settle for having it on 2H builds. Maybe replace one of the health buffs in Kraken with something like this.
Or, and this is probably the trickier solution (but cool AF in my book), have at least melee 2H weapons cause a ripple effect per swing. Something akin to a shockwave where, even if you hit the ground with your bigass weapon, it will still cause some - minor - damage in a radius. That way, with the right numbers added, you could still do some lifeleech even when fumbled. Plus, it would give 2H an unique flavor. But those are just my 2H fanboy fantasies :rolleyes:

If hp regen ever becomes good enough, high hp and regen could become a way for tanks and 2handers to differentiate themselves from the dual wielders relying on high lifesteal to spam attack their health back to full.

Nice try lol.

check incoming dps numbers. :eek: https://youtu.be/U02rfLySZU0?t=353

*Check the insane healing dw has with ghoul proc. :rolleyes:

One of the reason why I`m in favor of Ghoul nerf. :eek:

I didn’t mean to imply it’ll ever come close to flat out replacing lifesteal. What I meant is that if 2 handed builds somehow get more DMG mitigation, higher health, etc. then high hp regeneration could compensate them having less frequent lifesteal due to attacking slower. I need to fiddle with the Avenger set soon.

Kek.

We don’t agree on anywhere near everything but I did appreciate having another voice plainly seeing it’s ludicrously strong relative to all other T1s and that at some point we need to rip the bandaid off.

But back to two handers. Are there many other DMG types contributing to those big hits, or is it primarily incoming physical damage? Maybe some phys resist on all two handers would help? I dunno. It would, again, be really nice if we could help two handers builds without making them too similar feeling to dual wielders.

I’m not against their base weapon speeds being pulled up a bit across the boards but it might be a slippery slope to them losing their identity.

Mate sry to say but crucible buffs with obscene amount of RR including Mutator is not a relatable example when talking balance of builds at face value.

I’m not saying this related to ghoul, that’s another can of worms, and crucible as well has it’s issues. Just that the build above is disproportionate

Disproportionate how?

I’d be in favor of that. Maybe make Behemoth a 2H constellation, with some bonuses to that. I know that having another devotion dedicated to 2H may seem unfair to other weapon types, and it may become exploitable by casters, but hell, the dude has a huge tree branch on his shoulder, so it seems fitting :rolleyes:
Maybe to have 2H as the exception to health regen not benefiting from % bonuses from healing effects? Ptiro made it clear in the “Ghoul thread” that double dipping is a potential issue, but couldn’t it be tweaked around?