What does make you to never retun back in Titan Quest game?!

For example, you have a fire mastery and vitality mastery, you can’t make both of them work together, the character will be fun, but way weaker than others

I beg your pardon, Conjurer is absolutely amazing with fire staves and has two (three) very useful pets.

Yeah, Ragnarok actually fucked up TQ. I kind of felt the same way when I finished Ragnarok for the first time, but then I started another character and I knew it’s not TQ but Ragnarok. Atlantis made the game even better.

I still don’t mind it. :smiley: Yeah, AE killed some funny OP things, but 100% CDR was broken on some builds, I don’t remember what it was, but I did have Phantom Strike at 0 seconds cool down at some point and it was fucked up.

I am for quality, not for the quantity, GD has too many items, too many components, etc but all of this is not game breaking, devotion system, IMHO, gives the same as items/passive skills but in more perverted fashion, the reason I am asking, maybe, it has actually more in it, than browsing through the whole map in seeking another temple

On a mechanical and ease-of-use level GD is superior in nearly every regard. Anyone familiar with both games SHOULD be able to readily see most the major differences. Does that mean that TQ is bad? No. If you find that the lack of QoL improvements doesn’t impede your enjoyment any then by all means.

it was paladin throwing lightning bolts in a giant form

As USER_NAME_01 said, I have missed conversion system in GD, for example, possibly some other neat thingies as well

100% CDR was broken everywhere, but it allowed to create a lot of genuinely fun and/or creative stuff. While someone like melee haruspex was plain OP, you could also make throwing knife assassin, bomberman fire mage, or even pet conqueror.

It really felt like you finally break the mortal boundaries and your build turns into something else. 80% cap just ruins the fun for unorthodox builds, without hurting actually OP leftclickers.

Funny thing, at first I was pissed off with GD which was constantly crashing, now it seems that TQ is actually more buggy

Well, I thought you were about the combat as a whole, all are talking that its faster than in TQ, but this speed has nothing to be backed up with, like it is in Torchlight/Diablo3, I mean, that I have not felt an A letter(action) from the ARPG here/ Maybe I am wrong, but there is some small action feeling in TQ (like it was in Diablo 2)

Combat is clunky, completely lacks any dynamic feel and it’s stiff. Story is super repetitive for the first three acts which is literally follow a Telkine. Builds don’t mean much because pretty much everything works due to enemies having super low health, meaning anything can kill them fast. Theorycrafting is meaningless because i don’t have to make choices on what to pick, i know whatever build i make will succeed. Far too many skill points, i can nearly max all the skills in both masteries.

Act 2 has to be one of the worst acts i ever seen in this genre, it’s literally nothing but sand for the whole thing and it’s visually exhausting. Forgotten Gods did the desert act way, way, way better. Act 1 is also guily of repetitive scenery with nothing but green plains for most of it. Act 3 and onwards gets much better, but it makes repeating playthroughs exhausting for the first two acts.

Itemization is a complete disaster, items are either garbage or broken, there’s no in-between. I specially love my legendaries with no resistances in a game with a 100% resistance penalty in Legendary and fewer items slots. Can’t put relics into epics and legendaries, effectively making them useless except for some broken MIs.

Instead of wasting resources for two expansions, they should have made Titan Quest 2 instead. That way you could improve the gameplay greatly.

2 Likes

If you’re comparing that to GD, then you actually didn’t play TQ. GD monsters have way less health. When I jumped to GD, literally the same day as I played TQ, I felt like GD monsters have 1/10 of TQ’s monsters health.

Ragnarok kinda fucked that up, Atlantis fixed that, but all in all, you almost never hit max level in TQ, only if you’re farming all the time with one character.

As for me that’s the case for FG. TQ desert is one of the good ones. It’s not as good as interesting, but I rather have something interesting than good.

It’s empty as fuck. I think Chthon or someone agreed with me on that. Sorry if I confused the names.

Could say the same for GD. To me most GD items are fillers. In TQ, yes, some items are totally useless, but I’ve never actually seen an OP weapon. Looking at raw stats it’s like giving feedback on a theorycrafted build. Just stop.

Don’t remember exactly, but most of those items specify in one particular thing, be it damage or some utility. I find it pretty easy to cap resists in TQ. I often picked random items not caring about resists and often had only one or two terrible stats if I didn’t care about resists. It’s way better since you can not focus on everything at once, GD does that way worse because you can have massive defense along with damage.

Most of legendary items were broken when you could put relics into them. Defiler allowed that, and I always had GD versions of characters, to make it short.

People would not go for that. What would TQ2 do? The same thing TQ1 did but better? TQ is about mythology, so it’d be pretty dumb to make another, effectively the same game. People would say that they could’ve just make a new DLC for TQ, which I would support.

Uh, what? No, they don’t. The Hydra, the enemy with probably the highest health in the game can be dropped in less than 5 seconds with an average build. TQ enemies have too low health compared to GD’s.

It sounds more to me you didn’t played either.

Yeah, because nothing but sand with caves and dungeons repeating layouts is so good and interesting. Being visually exhausting is good now. Please.

Empty? Please show me examples because this is a lie.

I have made several broken builds in TQ with several items that are completely ridiculous. Theres’s a set for Runemaster with +7 to Runemaster. +7 with +3 to all skills. There’s a throwing weapon that has fucking 50 flat RR and 25% reduced target damage.

The majority of the items are completely useless in endgame TQ and i mean at least 95%. I have made several builds in GD with over 200 items. That is way more than TQ ever allows the player to be able to use.

One of the criticisms thrown constantly at TQ is how broken it is. The best builds in GD wish they could have a fraction of the power of the most broken TQ builds. The game is an unbalanced nightmare.

It’s way worse. It forces the player to carry specific items with specific resistances for specific encounters. Does that sound fun to you? It makes the difficulty balance completely out of wack. Instead of balancing the enemy damage around BiS items, it balances around the fact you can not have those BiS items. But when you do have the BiS items, every fight in the game becomes a joke. And i mean literally everyone.

Or you know, you could balance the relics. Seems to be a foreign concept to you if you don’t even think balance can be applied to relics and items.

Are your serious? People would go crazy for Titan Quest 2. Much better gameplay for starters, instead of being stuck in the clunky gameplay with no way to improve it.

And TQ 2 would be about mythology, why wouldn’t it be?

You know, the constant comparisons with GD just makes you sound like a fanboy of TQ. I ain’t even gonna bother continuing with this because i know what it will end up be.

2 Likes

Sounds to me like GD.

Looks at raw stats and doesn’t care about enemies. Some enemies have enormous resists, you can not stack a fuckton of RR just like in GD, where you drop enemies’ resist to under 0 all the time. The fact one item gives 50 flat RR doesn’t mean it’s OP, as there are only FEW masteries that have -x% RR. The most OP MIGHT be Spirit + Runemaster, since you have over 100 RR (~150?), then again, most enemies are very resistant to vitality.

It’s way, way, way better than having all stats capped and having enormous damage. It’s more fun when you character has downsides, rather than only strong sides.

Same like GD, lmao.

It was designed like this thinking about making green items better. Drop rates are maybe even 10 or more times lower than the ones in GD, so if you have about 0.001% chance to drop a double rare in GD, it’s probably around 0.0001% in TQ, or maybe even less.

GD is led by the same guy who led TQ. Comparing those is like comparing Witcher 3 and Witcher 2.

I would buy it. ‘same but better’ is pretty much the idea behind all sequels… not that it always works out, but it always is the intent (D1 to D2 to D3)…

1 Like

I play both but after playing GD alot I found going back to TQ as others said slow & clunky. I bought both expansions for it but never even done Rak. I bought exps for GD and already done several times.

Part of it for me is I used Defiler and stopped sun at noon. I don’t like playing in the dark and I have a vision problem with contrast. I don’t like the void for that reason as well. But when I asked on TQ forums about Defiler or a way to see better. I was stomped on hard about asking after a cheat. The peeps running this site aint such jerks thank god. I almost didn’t buy the exps for TQ because of that. But I do love that game. That’s where I really got hooked on this type of game more so then D2.

Now theres a mod for seeing better lol. Whats weird is the dark doesn’t bother me so much in GD as in TQ. Though I wish somebody would make a mod that would make the Void easier to see in. I know its suppose to be dark but some peeps do have problems. Speaking of mods you do know theres a TQ class mod for GD? so why go back? Heck Im waiting for somebody to actually make a TQ overhaul like Ram is doing with his D2 mod.
I think I love the most is the endless mixing of classes. Ive had very few level 100 chars but ive lost count how many alts ive made.

1 Like

Completely forgot about this. Crafting in Titan Quest is absolutely terrible. Want to craft that artifact again but you don’t have the recipe? Too bad, go farm until you drop it again.

I honestly still like Titan Quest to this day, but Grim Dawn just improves on every level (like a spiritual sucessor should). And in terms of setting, aethestics and music, they are about the same to me.

While it’s quite a bit [Offtopic] i’ve to agree with that. I wasn’t surprise how USER_NAME_01 argue in this Topic, because this tendency for arguing and favor towards TQ was something which i noticed since a while, atleast if you follow missadventure and other Topics.

In other Hand it shouldn’t surprise you (and me) in anyway because many People who moved towards Grim Dawn are either Veterans of Diablo or Titan Quest… and in my arguments i also have a big favor towards diablo.

Which is a Statement which i would in “general” agree, which is why IMHo one of the Reason why i’m not the biggest Fan of Path of Exile, due - as example, the Talenttree for me personally is more of an blender, a glorified Attribute-System, which besides of the Fact how big it is, not much offer.

However and that’s where we are disagree, that’s not something which i feel that way in Grim Dawn. It was IMHO build ony quality, and that itself reflects also in the quantity-part, because the whole Concept, Items and whatever aren’t build within some few months & years so the Dev can show off numbers, but rather focused on quality and build on that with “quantity” over the past years from early access up to release, content-updates in-between and Expansions. I understand if the Game feels overhelming for beginner and maybe “too much”, but overhelming =/= lack of quality and focus on quantity.

Surely i wouldn’t argue that Grim Dawn is Perfect(which game truly is) and Grim Dawn have also it “flaws”. If you are one of these Folks whe grew up with Diablo as a focused Multiplayer-Game which many did, you might disspointed with it due the lack of dedicated servers and further down the road, if you compare it with modern examples like PoE or Grim Dawn in lack of said online features. And i’d say while Crate did an amazing job as an indie-dev with such an old eninge (though hugely modified) i’d still go that far and say that you can feel that, and also compared to an Diablo 3 the “lack” of "budget as example in terms of Animations and such.

Than again if it comes down to that, i’ve to point out, it’s still an Indie Game for an Indie-Budget Price and for 25 Bucks to get such an high quality product… if my Memory serves right TQ back than was a AA(A) Fullprice Title from THQ?

Overall, and that’s what was one of my initial points of why i don’t see any reason to argue further, because whatever i’d say or explain to you(how i feel towards TQ vs Grim Dawn) i don’t tend to believe you would understand it anway, as you alread call “Devotion” out as an “perveted twist” etc…(so in case of devotion, i would disagree with you and say no it’s pretty amazing concept which adds another layer of build variety, where it’s concept isn’t based of beeing simple big like PoE Talenttree, but rather in it’s complexy with the mechanics how it work, and besides Attributes and such it also adds a new skillconcept: Skills which you attach on skills you use, so you aren’t only rewarded with Attributes but something which actively effect your gameplay in an positive way…) so the viewpoint of people like me, can’t be explained to you if you aren’t open enough to look at it from an different less biased angle…(which you don’t seem yet even if you try) which will lead in an endless circle of the same arguments over and over again, maybe with an different spelling.

I really hope you’ll find your Answer here, and i construe it in the wrong way, so you you are open enough to look into the points people make here and understand why they find GD better than TQ, but i simply had more than enough of this kind of topics to know that in the end it mostly ends in a waste of time where people might even attack each other or throw around alternate facts around.

Last but not Least i also have to add (again) that even if you won’t find your Answer, neither is something wrong with you or with others. It’s simply different tastes, and like with many aspects in Life which are Taste-Related it’s often hard to understand and comprehend what people like which differst to their own tastes. You could try to explain me why you like certain Meals / Dishes with Food/Drinks i really hate up to the point where i literally might throw up(like - example: Beer i hate the taste of it but tbh i dislike alcohol in general), i would never understand and i don’t see any reaso to either blame me or people who like / dislike certain things or even worse get frustrated over it…

I like GD more, because it feels like an “upgraded” version of Titan Quest. It has better balance and diversity, additional features like devotion/reputation, extra challenging content (Crucible/SR), etc. In short, it feels like Titan Quest 2.

I’m siding with USER_NAME_01 on this one for the most part.

It’s extremely difficult to reach level cap in TQ. I played it way more than GD back in the day and I only finished it once with 1 character on legendary. Most of my other builds stopped half way through Normal or Epic. The grind was really that big.

Unlike what Norzan posted. I struggled the entire way with 1 character in TQ (as you would expect first playthough). This video adequately sums up my playthroughs in TQ

If you use editors however and give yourself the best items in the game TQ is a pushover. Though I realised this nearly 10 years after the games release.

Personally I liked the fact that each class had strengths and weaknesses in TQ. This is what old school Role Playing Games were all about. GD has too much of the same. The power gap between builds isn’t as high in GD as it is in TQ.

I still don’t use editors or item assistants in GD and honestly I don’t feel I need to. The game provides everything in it’s current format. TQ at least for me was an unbelieavable grind fest and I highly recommend that you use an editor to speed things up.

Kiting in TQ was done better due to the combat speed but I still prefer GD combat as it has much greater potential and I kinda like the speed upgrade.

I have to say two things:

• For one, Titan Quest has a speedhack slider. Game too slow for you? Turn up to very fast! GD lacks it.

• Another thing is that you can make the void a lot more visible by turning off post-processing and setting shaders to low.

And for the spanish inquisition part:

• In GD, the devotion tree is mostly limited to filling out your stat gaps, and picking the mandatory t2-3 RR and damage constellations. Not much customization with that one.