What does make you to never retun back in Titan Quest game?!

It’s only because the base speed the game had before AE was like 0.35% of the GD speed. If you watch a video of TQ before AE (feel free to open a 2010 video or older) you’ll see that finishing the game could take about 30+ hours. When set to max, in AE that is, the game speed is about the same as in GD (maybe slightly faster, it’s hard for me to compare).

Like both but if I had to choose one, definitely TQ+IT (not AE or any of the new expansions, never played it). All I have to do is ignore the Dream mastery :wink: Oh, and install FanPatch and TQVault.

I have too many small gripes with GD for it to best TQ.

One of the main selling points of Titan Quest I think is the environment. Not the story which is ridiculous like in most games, the visual and audio input. Its a thorough work and one aesthetically pleasing. That is one thing Grim Dawn and especially recent TQ expansions lack.

Besides that its more of an adventure-arpg wtih little diffuculty, it can be used for some leisure build creation, and a training ground for modders.

I don’t think Grim Dawn being a modern game takes away from that, though I think I’m personally fed up with both to the point I never start them.

Your video is funny ) There is a sort of some small compensation for the slow speed in TQ : you can dodge all lethal missiles being thrown at you. What in GD combat is better besides its faster?

Could you, please, show an example of a playable(on hardest difficulty) build where devotion changes it in a way, which cant be achieved with an additional item slot? I mean, I have used devotion to raise res, or add to the main damage type(fire character - torch, for ex), or boosting pet stats for summoner - exactly the same thing I am doing with items, this is why I did not saw something revolutionary in it. I have used word “perverted” because the way to achieve final constellation is somewhat complex, while it could be, say, an additional medallion slot or passive skill. Doing all this job I expected something more special from devotion :roll_eyes:

Could you elaborate this is a bit? If we close our eyes to the speed(or use TQ AE speed up option), combat would be the same, no?

But in both games you can respec if something went wrong, in GD you can even respec everything. Does that statement mean that skills in GD more meaningful?

Is this confirmed?
Because honestly, video or didn’t happened.

There is one, ONE, 1 build that could do that in TQIT, iirc it was Warfare + Nature or Hunting + Dream which could shred Hydra/Typhon/Hades/Dragon Liche in ~6.5 seconds, 3 or less if you were lucky with your RNG. As far as I know it was fixed in AE. You had to go full damage, though, nothing else, and your resists were at 70 at best, not too much poison resist (about 20?) and literally -100% vitality resist, so if you got hit once, there was an enormous chance of death. In general, though, it’s nearly impossible to kill a boss under 10 seconds, if I remember correctly (haven’t actually played high level Legendary in TQ for few years already - probably the last time I did that was in 2008 - 2011).

This video is about 7 seconds if I counted it right.

Not sure on how much health Hydra has, but Medierra said in an interview back in 2013 that Toxeus didn’t have much health, but did have all his skill slots filled, something like 15-20 of them, which is what makes him so hard to deal with.

I actually never had issues with this guy. I actually didn’t know who it is till ~4 months ago and I always cleared every corner when I played TQ. :smile:

Well, he’s a random spawn apart from in the SP so don’t always see him every time. I think I’ve only come across him in the main game 2-3 times in 10+ years and one of those was in M4ssboss3s mod.

Devotion is used as a gap filler to bolster your build. It’s great because every build in Grim Dawn can benefit from it. There are many ways to build one class. Eg if you picked a Ritualist you could go pet based and grab “pet based” devotions or go melee 2 hander and build accordingly. etc.

In general though Ritualists have an obvious synergy with “Vitality damage” so your devotion path would more than likely head towards “Rattosh”. But you also need flat resist reduction sources and you have to weigh up wether you want to invest in Ravenous Earth and spend a tonne of skill points maxxing “Foul Eruption” or you could save all those skill points and take a devotion path involving “Manticore”.

In some cases you may have an item which grants flat resist reduction and decide not to take “Manticore” or “Ravenous Earth”. Your devotion path in this case may have more defensive options or be more offensive. I could go on and on but the point of devotions is to push your build to it’s absolute limit.

An end-game video showing defensive or offensive procs would hardly do “devotion” justice.

we’ve just got to the point where people started realizing that on-kill procs are bad. Foul Eruption is such a proc-node. For vitality there is revenant and it’s skeletons.

So in other words, “less than 5 seconds with an average build” is BS.

1 Like

The only thing that TQ has over GD is that it’s way easier to get geared up
because there are monsters in the world easily accessed (hydra) that
can drop superior loot. GD got Nemesis’s, but those are random spawn
and can be incredibly hard to find.

Personally i think that comparing GD with TQ is like comparing a Ferrari to Lamborghini…
it’s all down to taste, both are very good.

(I’ve always prefered Lamborghini)

Except i do it NOW with my Warden. Record so far is 4,5 seconds. 6 seconds with Spellbreaker. And the build in Medea’s video doesn’t even use Sapros which is absolutely broken, even on AE. And then they decided to put even more broken shit that allows super fast kill times. Killing Hydra this fast is like killing Callagadra this fast, this is poor game design. People being oblivious to the broken builds in TQ doesn’t mean they don’t exist.

And it doesn’t really change the fact that enemies have way less health compared to Grim Dawn’s.

Speed is not the issue, the issue is the combat feeling clunky and stiff. It feels like your character is constantly getting locked into position, completely killing any fluidity in combat.

I still wish to see it in a video, this "less than 5 seconds with an average build”.

It doesnt change the fact, that GD has much better balance, than TQ.

In my opinion - no. TQ has balanced weapons in comparison to GD, where using one handed melee weapons is the best since they do the most damage. Guns never felt good to me, two handers are utterly bad and shields are effectively another one handers that instead of dealing damage have a chance to block.
Playing TQ I always feel like I have variety of choices, I pick staff because I like it and it’s as strong as anyt other weapon. I pick a shield because I want to be tankier, I pick a bow because I want to kill stuff fast and on a huge distance.
GD: I pick one handed melee weapon because all other weapons suck. I might pick a two hander because I use a skill that has nice WD and I have no BiS weapon. Oh wait, off-hands and shields give me more utility and/or damage, never mind.

Isnt TQ even worse? In TQ you cant even use 1-h ranged weapons or melee 2-h. All melee weapons there are 1-h, all ranged weapons are 2-h. And playstyle with all melee weapons is damn the same, cause they all use very similar 1-target attack with some WPS, sometimes. Ranged also has only 2 playetyles - bow and staff.
And all melee focus only on pierce or physical damage (usually pierce), all bow - on pierce only too… Actually, pierce in TQ deals enourmous damage due to multiplicative conversion mechanics…
And what about casters in TQ? Or summoners? Well, those feel rather bad, compared to melee/ranged.
I dont even talk about 100% CDR builds, 100% dodge or block builds, and other imbalanced crap possible in TQ… As well as lack of proper endgame content to challenge well-geared character.
In GD, there is a huge variety of skills. With kinda different mechanics (not to mention devotions). And there are fine 2-h melee builds too.