What happen to EoR?

CC effects spike came in at 1.1.6 release (and several people not connected to each other reported of this issue, just like OP did right now). However 1.1.6 didn’t resolve any aggro issues. 1.1.7 did.

Could it be that some attempt of aggro fix somehow changed monsters pattern of applying their skills?
For me two thing are clear as day:

1. devs aren’t lying when they say they didn’t buff monsters
  2. experienced players are not complete morons and can tell the difference between perceived raise in difficulty and actual gameplay changes

I play SR 65-66 since 1.1.4.0 and I didn’t notice any changes in CC from that version onwards and neither I see any problems with EoR.

1 Like

Frankly, i dunno what is going on with this tread. I have no troubles with CC, heck, i can run 2H melee AA just fine https://youtu.be/0sHqu3WJUQI .
What i want to know is what changed for EoR that made it from a good skill to “skip it” skill. That it. I get struck while spining ALL the time. Any monster bumping on me result in interuption. All these interuption require a click to solve them, its litteraly unplayable.

8 Likes

Okay, does anyone know if IAS has any effect on EoR animation windup?

Well let’s see. If we’re going to do this again, let’s get the facts out in the open…

The conversation you’re probably thinking about is this:

Which incited further debate between me, banana_peel, and mad_lee. What none of you got to see, though, was the aftermath from a week and a half later.

Omitting personal/irrelevant details from this Discord convo, because as with most things Discord, there’s usually more than one thing going on at a time:

So who the hell knows whether Disruption Resistance is useless. No one here is capable of making up their minds.

Nery’s reply to you I think is the most impartial you’ll get on the matter.

Personally, I’m in the useless boat because ML did successfully convince me as such two years ago. In my eyes, it is a “Nice to have” resistance that is largely overrated and lack of it has never been a cause of any of my deaths in Crucible or SR. At the same time, however, I am well aware of the sources of Disruption in-game, and for those that are less-so aware of the more esoteric enemies that can afflict it (looking at you, Cronley/Shattered Cronley), I can see why wanting to crutch on the mitigation the resistance offers can be appealing.

Off-topic, lol @ ml’s ban. Before anyone accuses me of it, I didn’t report him or anything else in this thread. The things I miss when I sleep in!

2 Likes

(Double posting)

From what I understand of the fix, this is not out of the question. I’d have to look into it more, though I had thought the only thing that was addressed, skill-wise, was monsters correctly using their on-spawn buffs correctly.

Yes! Thats exactly the discussion I was thinking of.

I guess what I was getting at is, its possible some enemies could also be disrupting the EoR, which would mean the problems OP is experiencing are not limited to CC (unless you consider Disrupt CC).

I just felt its important to make that distinction because I know for a noob such as myself, when youre fighting a swarm of enemies, if youre not thoroughly familiar with each enemies abilities, it can be hard to tell whats going on and which effects are coming from which sources… It should be noted I have a pretty bad case of ADD though so, a “swarm of enemies” is kind of in the eye of the beholder.

Thanks for finding that discussion man! I was trying to find it and failed miserably.

I just looked at my spinner builds and half of them has capped disrupt res and the other half has it from 30 - 50 %. None of them have zero. Of course they get CC’ed sometimes but nothing horrible or gamebreaking.

1 Like

So what are you saying here? You value it enough to at least get it from some sources? And you find it makes a big difference in your playing experience? Because you said you havent really had any problems like the OP is describing right?

I can’t say if it makes a difference. I just report that I have it there. I think that slow res is the most important for EoR.

2 Likes

Got it. I wonder… is there a chart that calculates the duration by which disruption is reduced for each say, 10% of disruption resist?

Has anyone ever calculated that out?

Like for each 10% does it knock off 0.2 seconds of the disruption effect, etc. Any way to figure that out?

As far as I’m aware, CC resistance of any kind works how you would expect it to - 80% Freeze resistance (or Reduced Freeze duration as it’s worded) reduces the length on a Freeze to 20% of it’s initial duration. The others like Stun, Petrify or Disruption work the same.

So a chart wouldn’t be useful as it depends on the length of the CC effect in question. Some of them also persist like Slathsarr’s Gas Clouds refreshing 1s of Disruption per second.

Edit: Slathsarr’s clouds don’t disrupt, something that spawns gas clouds that I’m forgetting definitely does but can’t recall it now :thinking:

Heroes like Bileclaw and Vileclaw do. Both crab heroes. There are a few more like an aetherial hero, i know it has Forsaken in its name.

2 Likes

God i love this game! There’s so much depth just sitting there for anyone to sink their teeth into! I guess one could formulate tables to calculate reductions on very specific conditions against specific enemies, thank you god for grimtools monster database, and make the necessary skill and gear adjustments to the build, and go hunting that specific enemy.

100% skill disruption resist from Possession would reduce X disruption duration from Vileclaw’s Y skill. Lets say this persisting Disruption skill refreshes the Disrupt every 1s, if Disruption res is 100%, what fraction of that 1s gets reduced… Jesus thats a really limited window… like 0.1 second? Or… would it be 0.9, ah man im so bad at math, would it even have any effect at all in a persisting environment of that nature?

Skill disruption res caps at 80% though. Never got why Possession has 100%, the extra 20% does nothing. Maybe at one point there was CC res cap increase like regular resistances.

1 Like

Yeah that makes no sense to me… if thats the case and it truly does nothing.

It’s not like it scales up either, 1 point in Possession provides the same amount as 12 points in Possession.

Like Norzan said. Disruption resistance caps at 80%. So that 1s gets lowered down to 0.2s. Not immune but there’s enough of a gap that you can use a movement augment to save yourself.

At the full 1s disrupt per second, you’ll likely not even get a chance to save yourself, and in some cases, losing the ability to use any of your skills for a couple of seconds can mean a quick death.

1 Like

thats what I always thought looked great about that skill, 1 point invested and bam youve got 100% Disrupt resist, makes it really unique and awesome but then, not so awesome as it reads if youre a noob and think 100% literally means 100%.

Yeah, so theoretically, EoR could get Disrupted and delayed due to a persisting disruption environment as described above. EoR and any channeled skills are scrambled to shit under that condition in conjunction with slow, freeze, etc, which isnt super common unless maybe SR and Crucible right?