What kind of music are you listening to?

This thread seems deserted >.>

Stumbled across this today in some random jaunt through youtube

The music is also being used for a Halo Trailer (possible fake)

and gears of war and tons of other stuff

But, yeah Tears for Fears had one really good album. (IMO)

well I going to post a few songs artists that I really like

I have mentioned in the past, if people remember, Im not a fan of modern crap that seems to be plaguing us today, it drives me up the wall, I HATE rap with a passion, canā€™t stand it, its not singing, its not music in any shape or form, its just a bunch of idiots that think they can sing but use rap to disguise how bad they really are

Im a fan of older music, ABBA, A-ha, Bangles, Shakespears Sister

anyway, I come across a couple of very good artists if anyone here likes jazz, Latin, more classic music, first up

Imelda May

name but a few she has done, I think its her Irish voice that turns me on, and nice to hear real music / her in a real band,

then a few days ago, I came across this fabulous lady

Caro Emerald

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo1cyl0QbWo <very good song)

just bought her album Deleted Scenes from the Cutting Room Floor, I really hope she makes more classy / old school music like that, as she has a great voice, as her style of music is 1940s / 50, jazz with some Latin thrown in, even her music videos are very old style, from that period, campared to the modern crap that we here today, its nice to see some artists still doing old style / classic songs, as it certainly beats anything from Britney Spears, (who I donā€™t rate) beyonce, (doesnā€™t do it for me either, most of the songs are just plain shit) and others that seems to only care about doing more and more modern crap, and with the likes of X factor (UK) manufacted crap that should have a bullet to to the program, and kill it off before music really does get killed off, as all the bands / singers that have come from this show canā€™t sing a note, Jedward twins good example of where things went wrong, enough said

I hate most music these days, just doesnā€™t compare to the old classics we used to have, and far more talented artists and singers then, but at least there is still hope that there are some good talented artists out there, even if its not that many, and getting fewer each year

Mad World is one of those songs that immediately shuts me down and opens me up. Every time I hear it I am so thankful to simply exist and yet I am filled with a profound sadness at just how much of our lives we fill with things that simply do not matter.

I think the song being packed up and sold for movies and commercials cheapens it a great deal, but I appreciate the artist has to eat.

that is not the tears for fears version, although it was there first, but is a lot faster, I prefer the slower version, which is linked, but yeah a bit annoying to see it in so many games and films, why canā€™t they come up with their own music score is beyond me?

back in the day, many films had their own music scores, Weird Science and breakfast club, just seems to me that many films donā€™t have an identity now, as they are using other peopleā€™s work rather then their own

The Gary Jules version I stumbled upon actually led me to watch Donnie Darko and holy fuck, the use of that song at the end of the movie seems like the whole movie was made for those lyrics. I really liked the film.

Art is about remaking existing things into something new, that is cool. Remaking the Flintstones into a movie, well, that is what we have to tolerate to also get some gems every once in a while. Sadly, there is just not enough talent to go around and the music/movie industry has grown so enormous that utter crap is tolerated without question.

If you have not seen Donnie Darko, it is worth a gander.

Agreed - Donnie Darko was really good. With a high potential for confusion, but quite special, no less.

Apparently the director of DD made a new movie a while ago - ā€œThe Boxā€. ( Unless my memory fails me and Iā€™m getting things mixed up here. ) Anyhow, I heard itā€™s not quite as good as DD, but it also seems quite interesting and on the strange side. Been meaning to check it out, eventually.

As for music, check out some Volbeat, guys: http://www.volbeat.dk

Mechwarrior 2 OST

you can grab the whole thing here.

http://www.vgmpf.com/Game.php?Id=MechWarrior2-W32

Mi9ne fav. music is rock music.

This is the music that I write code to:

The very best of Dubstep

I listen to a lotta different genres and sub genres of music, but theses are the basic ones

Death metal,Country,Punk,Rock

Some bands

Six Feet Under, Naplam Death ,Slayer ,The Exploited, SOD, Sex Pistols, Hank Willams all 3, Merle Haggard.

Just to name a few.

When the streaming is no good at Digitally Imported, I hit up the old list of Chemical Brothers, Hybrid, and random DJ sets.

Melodic Doom Metal :slight_smile:

Truly one of my very favorites of this genre that I could listen to on repeat the entire day :slight_smile:

A perfect blend of clean & rough vocalsā€¦the ending jam from 5:11 on is simply one of the best rockin melodies ever imo

~enjoy~

Ghost Brigade - A Storm Inside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VvzHL9bQaE

I am back to listening to Prog after a tryst with electronic. Right now ā€œPorcupine Treeā€, ā€œYesā€, ā€œJethro Tullā€ and ā€œRushā€. I would listen to Dream Theater too if I didnā€™t hate the singerā€™s voice (and if Portnoy was still with them). Besides that I wanna try Genesis, ELO and Kansas too.

iā€™m getting my piano delivered tomorrow, iā€™m so excited. :slight_smile: iā€™ll be busy for a while properly learning to play axel f (harold faltermeyer), for elise (beethoven), perpetuum mobile (penguin cafe orchestra), comptine dā€™un autre ete (yann thiersen). also gathered some music sheets amongst others for ghostbusters (ray parker jr.), fancied a youtube video to learn lux aeterna (clint mansell) and mad world is noted now as well. feel free to suggest some more stuff, difficulty doesnā€™t matter even though iā€™m a bloody amateur. :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: way too much metal around here, so especially for matthewfarmery iā€™ll out myself as primarily listening to hiphop. for several reasons people wouldnā€™t know how much skill it takes to rhyme & flow properly, let alone manage some of that crazy stuff at freestyles or poetry slams or whathaveyou. really got into hiphop with saul williamsā€™ amethyst rock star, el-pā€™s fantastic damage and cannibal oxā€™s the cold vein. those are not exactly what iā€™d call accessible but what the heck.

and as kind of a reconciliation two instrumentals:

You have a problem with James LaBrieā€™s voice but you donā€™t have a problem with Geddy Leeā€™s? :eek: My only issue with James LaBrieā€™s singing is when he tries to hit that high note thatā€™s slightly out of his range, luckily he pretty much stopped doing that in the more recent albums. Anyway, I love both Rush and Dream Theater, as well as Porcupine Tree, Yes, Jethro Tull, Emerson Lake & Palmer, and King Crimson. Also, early Genesis (i.e. when Peter Gabriel was still the singer). If you like Prog then definitely check out early Genesis, Selling England by the Pound is an absolutely phenomenal album.

Nope :stuck_out_tongue: Strange, isnt it ?

Thanks. Will do

Robin Trower Live- Living Out of Time

I am listening to the the dawn - the background music of wow

Iā€™ve just finished listening to Crysis 2 soundtrack (Hans Zimmer), and now am listening to Born Against (very rough-sounding American hardcore punk band).