What kind of music are you listening to?

A bit old, but this is what got me into the more extreme forms of metal.

I’ve started to rip my CDs - finally - and am listing in to each afterwards.
Playing right now: AC/DC - Highway to Hell … albeit the title track sucks :undecided:

Like Keyrock - all over the place with too many names to mention here - from A to Z it’s Abba to Zappa (or ZZtop - might be later in the Alphabet, read once that was why they choose that name - to be last in line in record stores racks (yes, Dio and Black Sabbath also ;-), or from old to new… well, oldest stuff might be Django Reinhardt, latest new Foo Fighters album.
Styles ? Rock, Metal of all kinds, Funk, Songwriters (man, I lovet those late Johnny Cash albums American I to VI !!!), Reggae, Punk, Jazz… well, I guess you get the point :wink:

Here also is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgVqX0a49HM

As I play guitar myself this really hit me when I stumbled upon it - it’s so amazing what he does ! Wonder how he learned to play like that in between two sessions of StarCraft 2 :smiley:

Love it :slight_smile:

I disdain the original, but played like this it’s almost good. Here’s one more from him: Pirates Of The Caribbean

Edit: Like the Mission Impossible Theme even more :slight_smile:

Best Black Metal Band I’ve heard recently…

…and best Lyrics I’ve seen

Playing LOTRO and listening to Blind Guardian :slight_smile:

Gov’t Mule- Live

I’ve been listening to some experimental/progressive stuff lately. Animals as Leaders, Cyclamen, Misery Signals and Karnivool are some awesome bands to check out. Also, I’m really getting into Deftones. “Diamond Eyes” is a great album.

You all metal-likers, you might find this interesting, not sure if the style could be set strictly as metal (it is pretty rough), but you can find some similarities in riffs and such:

http://www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/bands/malefaction.php

There are are 3 nice songs and one clip.

Let me know if you like it, it’s such a great band. =)

Sounds like grindcore. I used to listen to that kind of stuff, but not anymore. I prefer some melody in my music nowadays.

One band I especially like is Edge of Sanity, they no longer exist, made some great stuff, but most material I can find of it is low quality, e.g.:

EDIT; same song, better quality:

I mostly do not like grindcore (it sounds like throwing up, heh, and I must hear the lyrics for the music to get me) that much either, but this band is unique in what you say it’s missing - the melody. They have great melodies in their songs (though not during the whole song of course, it is grind, heh), and the lyrics are mostly clear to understand.

The EoS sound pretty good. =)

It’s just one guy that makes great instrumentals, worth to check out.

Anyone here who listened to Lostprophets when they were still young and promising? Their first album was just a big bundle of fun, but I didn’t like the direction they took after their debut, so I kind of lost interest in them. I would classify them as alternative hard rock back in the days. Kobrakai is probably my favorite track :slight_smile:

I loved their Need for Speed songs back in the days (or was it Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2…man, it’s been years…), it was so catchy. I think the Kobrakai was on the same album as the songs from NFS(Tony). =)

I never played much Need for Speed, but I got a bit curious on which song was used, and it was To Hell We Ride from their second album “Start Something”. Yeah, the songs on that album were catchy as hell, especially Burn Burn. Apparently several other games have borrowed tracks from this album, like Fifa 2004 and NFL Street.

Yeah, me neither, but it was fun playing with my cousin. =)

That was the song! Really good one, indeed. =)

Hehe, yeah, I found quite a few bands because they were in games, especially NFS/Tony hawk series. Glad I did. =)