What Modding Tools update we are looking for?

Hi all!

Modmakers regularly encounter a lack of Modding Tools functionality. Developers use the same tools and are generally ready to make improvements, but they cannot fulfill all the wishes.

When you ask Zantai on the stream for updates, he asks about the necessary functions, but does not respond to the possibility of their introduction.

Therefore, I propose to collect all the wishes in one topic in the hope that whis the FG release Modding tools also get update.

Let’s start.

1. Asset Manager

1.1 Simple copy assets
While modding when you need add some resources you use “Auto-create Asset” option. That can be “Simple copy” or set properties for convert source to ingame format (images to .tex, fonts to .fnt etc.)
But if you try add some converted resources they can not be added except using the command line for archievetool.exe. For example .msh, .anm or .tex files from TQ or other mods while merging.

So, first request is add simle copy asset for all used file formats.

1.2 Multiple copy edit
When you need to make several copies of one file differing by pair of values ​​(especially for pet design), you make one file then copy-paste it and then you need open it all together. But you can not do that: when you select all files and chose “edit…” only firse file and 2 of files opens. For the correct working each of new files must be opened and resaved.

So, second request is Fix batch editing of files

1. Conversation editor and Quest editor.

To create a translation for mods in which there are new dialogues or tasks, you must manually create text files for the localization archive.
The same when the official archive have missed lines.

So, 3rd request is conversations and quests to text files convertor.

1. Tex viewer

When you save .tex file to any editable format, generated file is mirrored vertically. Also alpha chanel could be saved only as separate file.

So, 4th request is Fix image saving and add alpha chanel saving with main layers

There is list of my ideas for updating Modding tools. If you also have suggestions post it here.

Assuming I’m understanding you…

yes agreed. And to add to this, a way to prevent AM from “cleaning house” when your arc files contains certain file types without sources. AM does this all the time with my custom msh files, it constantly wants to delete them on full rebuild (F7), but isolated builds (select folder > build) works fine. These files are here for a reason, don’t delete them AM!

yea, its a pain in the ass. Copying files in AM turns the duplicates into “read-only” files, which AM can only open 2 at a time for some reason. Personally if I do large amounts of file edits, I do it outside of AM using other tools for renaming. Easier than manually opening 50 files, one at a time.

My personal requests:

*Fix the super long ass fkn delay when I click the “…” to browse other files for things like SkillAugment. Sometimes its a short delay, 5 seconds, and sometimes it feels like I can be waiting up to 30 seconds. This huge delay is a massive pain when you have to edit like 60 files…

*When you add a new folder to a directory, auto update the contents within AM. Right now it won’t show new contents until you Create a new folder within AM (and leave the entry blank so it doesn’t actually create one). Seems silly.

*When you create or delete a folder within AM, sometimes it changes the folder you are viewing currently. Can’t remember atm since it’s not something I do frequently but on occasion it’s a minor inconvenience.

*Fix item modifiers not working with pet transmuters. I want to swap my pet scaling pet with a player scaling pet with an item, it doesn’t work.