What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

Well, still a few things to do yet.

Well, at least it sounds like they are close tho. Going off that it seems possible we may hear more of it in the coming months if they get working on a site for it.

I’m wondering how they are going to handle the forums. Most companies with multiple games have a single forum and just subsection the individual games, which is what I would prefer personally. If that ends up being the case they may have to change the address for this forum since it is tied to grimdawn.com. Might be better to tie the forum address to crateentertainment.com.

So long as whatever they go for isn’t that awful WordPress crap I’ll be happy. Why anyone thinks that’s good for forum usage I don’t know.

Also begs the question do they try for a more modern and secure version of vBulletin or similar given the chaos that we suffered when they tried for the site here or stick with v3?

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17624

Poor Medierra, decisions, decisions - when all he wants to do is make great games for us to play. :stuck_out_tongue:

It sounds more like Settlers with the combat part. And Northgard’s success has shown you don’t need crazy budget to compete in that space.

Well if Crate want to use/try a new version of Vbulletin I’ve got a current license I’m not using for vBulletin 5 so they are more than welcome to try it and see what they think.

New screenshot! :slight_smile: From their FB page.

Town%20builder%20new%20screenshot%202019

1 Like

looks like related somehow to GD or Cairn! ? I hope so

Medierra already said no, not related to GD.

you are right Gd does not have wolves but the naming scheme is so gd like:p

i hope it does not play like a mobile game:eek:

For a moment I was worried that medierra broke his [post=33155]wolf rule[/post], but then I realized it was not the wolves who were killed. relieved :smiley:

Huh, didn’t even know about that eis. Minister of Information indeed. :smiley:

More importantly, who is going to take over his job? :eek:

Maybe that’ll be one of the decisions we have to make ingame. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Poor Ulthar, we hardly knew ye’.

Alright! That is hilarious. Thanks for posting, medea. If they are doing preorder or kickstart at all, I am definitely in.

Don’t think there’ll be either hedgewitch. Hopefully the game is nearly finished if they’re getting a website and marketing sorted out and Crate don’t tend to do pre-orders.

Oh well–I’ll just have to wait to throw my money at them then. Really cool about getting to the website stage–and that means surely they will be doing a trailer at some point soon, too. Yes!

Hopefully. Medierra’s not saying much atm, but we can always hope those tri-beers he downs will eventually loosen his tongue. :smiley:

From Crate’s facebook page: https://m.facebook.com/123661054341519/photos/a.1155961267778154/2978800548827541/?type=3&source=48&tn=EH-R

1 Like

Yay! Another screenshot! Now get that darn website up guys. We want to know MOAR! :smiley: