What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

Wishlist is all very fine Medierra, but would really rather do this

Pre-order or just buy it. We can’t wait to do the above. :smile: So posthaste for that as Zantai would say.

2 Likes

Somehow I completely missed the announcement. As much as I don’t care about or play city builders, it’s a day 1 buy from me.
You are one of the few developers who actually used Early Access to make a much better game, so you have my complete trust, my wallet and my axe. Best of luck with your new project.

3 Likes

Same for me, it’s a day 1 purchase out the trust and respect I have for you guys

Already interest being shown on the Steam forum and the FF discord big M - so get that game out there for us to play! We need MOAR! :smile:

wheatbeer

Cropped this from the store page inventory image for all your emoji needs.

2 Likes

That comment made me smile. Thanks man.

This looks similar an old game called Banished.

Of wow, I wouldn’t have though Banished would be considered old yet :smile:

…plus, rest assured - Banished has been well-referenced in this old thread :wink:

more so to me Pharaoh and Caesar are old city builders :smiley: I kinda think anything this century is new still :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

if Banished is old, dafuq am i then? :no_mouth:

2014 it was released on Steam. I don’t know how much earlier than that the developer stopped working on it.

v1.0.7 of Banished was released September 2017. I think that’s the last update from Luke Hodorowicz. Development began in August 2011. It’s a very good game but, in my opinion, superseded since by Life is Feudal: Forest Village - which actually looks like a pretty close copy with updated graphics. It’s not perfect but I love it and keep going back to it again and again.

Hi, I’m new here, by the way. Just wishlisted Farthest Frontier the other day and I’m stupidly excited about it because these types of games are my thing more than anything else. So, hi everyone!

1 Like

i know steam ratings aren’t everything, but they seem to tell a different tale if one compares the two - with some reviews having certain things to say about the game, and graphical changes

Welcome to the FF forum Shimky. :slightly_smiling_face:

City/town builders were my first gaming love too. Still play Banished, Zeus and Emperor from time to time.

1 Like

There is a lot of hatred towards the development team of Life is Feudal: Forest Village who didn’t maintain the code for very long and left some glaring bugs untouched. But I still think it is a fantastically enjoyable game if medieval colony survival is your thing.

1 Like

Thanks, Medea!

1 Like

Don’t think you’ll have to worry about that for FF. Crate have continuously updated, balanced, improved Grim Dawn and I expect similar with the town builder. They’ll work hard to make it the best it can be.

2 Likes

There’s an FF discord as well if that’s your thing. We don’t have a lot to talk about in there yet, but some of the FF team are there and who knows what little titbits of info they might drop in the not too distant future. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like