What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

Anno series, Port Royale series, Caesar series, Pharoah and Cleopatra, Zeus: Master of Olympus, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Children of the Nile, East India Company

1 Like

Anno and Port Royale maybe but the rest is a bit different which not really involve with many resources collection/production and management. I would say from the FF inventory screenshot, its more likely toward Settlers and Stronghold and most likely Banished too.

Hm, they do. You have to start your town/city from scratch, gather materials/resources, etc.

Sorry Alexei, I’m with Medea on this one, the classic city builders fit in way more then games like Port Royal, that’s more a trading Empire game not focused on settlement building at all compared to the others.

Yea i think i’m confusing myself with Anno and Port Royale. Actually both of them I don’t know how to play. I dunno why i quote them in that way there. What actually I really felt of FF is that it seems its toward of Settlers and Stronghold. So actually I’m disagree with all of the games listed there :stuck_out_tongue:. They are just my opinion anyway and we still haven’t got more than one screenshot of the UI so i guess anything goes atm.

That would be only the most basic and broad similarities between them I guess. In that sense, Age of Empire also fall into that category.

Not sure why you say that. Obviously we don’t know much yet about how Farthest Frontier will work, but for nearly all of those you have to decide where to put your town/city, start gathering resources, make goods, etc.

Yes, Port Royale isn’t quite the same, you can make a few buildings of your own, but it’s not a town builder as such.

Medierra did say ages ago that he wanted to mix Settlers with another game for the town builder. Sadly it looks like that thread was a casualty of the forum move and doesn’t exist any more. I can’t remember what the other game was now, but it wasn’t one I’d heard of.

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Are you considering to release FF on the Epic Games Store?

Wishlist is all very fine Medierra, but would really rather do this

Pre-order or just buy it. We can’t wait to do the above. :smile: So posthaste for that as Zantai would say.

2 Likes

Somehow I completely missed the announcement. As much as I don’t care about or play city builders, it’s a day 1 buy from me.
You are one of the few developers who actually used Early Access to make a much better game, so you have my complete trust, my wallet and my axe. Best of luck with your new project.

3 Likes

Same for me, it’s a day 1 purchase out the trust and respect I have for you guys

Already interest being shown on the Steam forum and the FF discord big M - so get that game out there for us to play! We need MOAR! :smile:

wheatbeer

Cropped this from the store page inventory image for all your emoji needs.

2 Likes

That comment made me smile. Thanks man.

This looks similar an old game called Banished.

Of wow, I wouldn’t have though Banished would be considered old yet :smile:

…plus, rest assured - Banished has been well-referenced in this old thread :wink:

more so to me Pharaoh and Caesar are old city builders :smiley: I kinda think anything this century is new still :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

if Banished is old, dafuq am i then? :no_mouth: