What's the most broken skill/item combo that will surely be fixed next patch?

Please don’t say Scales - no need to rehash that argument here. I’m looking for something more class/set specific.

What should I build/play before the fun is taken away?

Since 1.1.8.0 is rebalancing classes, we should expect some unpredictable controversial changes and tears.
My advice is to turn off auto-updates and play broken in 1.1.7.2 but nerfed in 1.1.8.0 builds after it hits.

DW Acid Dervish will be nerfed i think.

Pusquill’s MI too i think.

Across the board i think flat damages will go down and % damages will stay the same.

There is not a lot of broken stuff left. Things that stand out a bit, especially relative to the dmg type and skills used, are Blightlord Oppressor and Wildblood whatever. Because both are pretty fast and can basically facetank anything without any sweat.

6 Likes

I don’t know but almost every retal build posted seems broken to me. Vitality healers as well. Physical AAR could also get nerfed (or maybe AAR in general). There really isn’t any below average AAR build.

Is that sarcasm? :thinking:

No, it’s not. Why?

1 Like

While Wildbloods life gain is rly good the dmg, IMO, is at an OK level.
Also havent seen Blightlord work any wonders…

I don’t mind to be proven wrong tho.

This one is speced heavily into tankiness to kill Celestials and go deep into SR. It can be tweaked to do sub5 Crucible as well.

For Blightlord this is good version:

Both are not the fastest in Crucible but they are up there with the top level and are immortal at the same time. Wildblood is just a static faceroll with spamming Vines under your legs, easy pic for any legit player.

2 Likes

Fuck no. AAR has already been nerfed enough that the aether version who’s supposed to be the best is now only second to physical.

1 Like

Yeah physical is OP and aether is still extremely good. So… No.

No one says otherwise. What I wanted was to let base AAR stay so aether gets untouched. It only became playable again after the initial butchering because aether as a damage type got buffed. If they decide to nerf phys then nerf phys only. After all it only got that strong because phys AAR was posted a few days before 1.1.7.0 went out, and buffs to phys caster items were almost finalized by then, meaning it had no other direction when 1.7 came out but to become even stronger.

2 Likes

I wish we had acid/vita aar set :frowning:. AAR is in a good spot now unlike patches ago when i could consistently get 4.1x times and not to mention the the huge ticks. I would though revert the aethereach gloves to where they had flat damage and the wd% conduit to 20% instead of 24%.

I played a lot with Wildblood builds and might say its not that OP like people think:

1. Archon is a mid tier, unfortunately.
  2. Ritualist and Conjurer need a couple of specific suffix/affix to fix CC res
  3. Ritualist is strong due to the BloodKnight set support with its heavy armor and phys res;
    Conjurer - with its inbuilt tankiness from the exclusive and Blood of Dreeg
  4. And, finally, ofc there is a mana problem always since Wildblood is a 2H set( do not say about Scales, Scales devotion map is all around worse for vitality than the classic one)
2 Likes

Agree, they always lack sub-CC res, almost 0% freeze/petrify/trap res.
And their single target dmg is mediocre, include slow MS/AS. Mobs tend to have higher vitality res than other too.

Almost every top build relies on a couple of strong MIs with big stats/res to unleash its full potential, i don’t think it can be a counter-argument. And yes, the support is strong from Wildblood, Blood Knight and Dark One, which are, together with Blightlord, ahead of other vitality options. I think, that’s what OP was looking for. And can’t you fix mana with a spark? Ritualist has decent source of WD.

I mentioned Wildblood because of how stupidly easy it is to play with buffed Vines and have top results with it at the same time.

I’d say there’re ahead of like 90% of sets.

I made a meme acid wildblood conjurer with the conduit… Even missing %damage on 4 slots the build still cleared 5:45 crucible.

3 Likes