Whats the most fun character or build you played?

I never got to play this meme build, but I absolutely adore the guy’s concept:

It’s like storm box, but much better looking and not clunky mechanically.

Very cool!
MY funniest char till now is my 2h cold infiltrator! Cant wait to put my auradin in high levels tho.

Absolutly a blast! , beautiful lightning proc in the Saboteur old video showcase !

It’s been a long time since I leveled a char above 50 in Grim Dawn.

Now that FG was released, and the updates to my favorite mods are out, I’m playing a “Chosen” (Shaman + Champion) in Grimarillion. It has enough particle effects that will give me or my pc a seizure any day now.

But I’m having a lot of fun! :smiley:

[spoiler] Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

[/spoiler]

I like casters with big badabumm :D. Stun Jacks, Blackwatercocktail and now AAR are my all-time favourites so far.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w2609qxZ
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23J83EN
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDzDvW2

Awesome builds!

Is any of them SR viable?

Keep going guys, keep going!

Come on guys, we can get more inputs!

1 Like

I’d have to narrow it down to a “top few”…

One of the first few characters I played, and the one I learned the most with, was a terribly unoptimized hybrid pyromancer. Chaos based 2 hand rifle with hellhound “man and his dog” idea.

My death knight, who went from sword and board to 2H to DW (and remains a badass throughout) is probably my overall favorite.

Recently been playing a DW ranged purifier with my woman and have been having a blast. Lot of fun memories because it’s with someone I care about who is new, so vicarious joys there.

My first serious caster… first pet build… first “good” hybrid ish class (druid)… oh man. Best stop here. Thought of those first.

AAR binder is fun. Lasers and carpet bombing. Active defense don’t let you sleep. And it’s top tier now.

Add shadowstrike CDR breaker to that, too bad chain mirror isnt possible anymore so the class is abit crap compared to roll eyes infiltrator that is basically better in everyway.

When I started out with my Oppressor, I’d never used Drain Essence before so was planning to go down that road… but I wasn’t having much fun and the character wasn’t doing so great (DE Oppressor can turn into something awesome though)

Then I changed him around to have Aegis of Menhir on LMB which I’m having fun with particularly when cast 3 or 4 in a row thanks to Reprisal 100% CDR triggers, and shoots his pistol in between. Added in Ravenous Earth too. And a point into each of the Blight Fiend line plus Unstable Anomaly to have a bunch of those guys barfing and exploding around the battlefield.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4Vx4L8eV

The most fun character i’ve played is a 2h ranged Primal Strike Druid. It just melts enemies from the early beginning of the game. Went full glass cannon, and stacked as much lightning damage as I could. The game was a breeze with this guy. Incidentally it was also my first toon to reach level 100.

Yepp, i’m farming SR 65-66 consistently solo with my Stunjacker. Together with a friend, who plays a DK, we do 75-76 very comfortably. Solo the char can also do it, but requires more skill or luck.

I haven’t tried the BWC or the AAR char above 50 yet. I’m using the AAR char for cruci 150-170. The BWC-char is still busy farming Kaisan Eyes, not sure if i’ll ever get a good one :D. As a dot-caster he should work, i guess, but he depends in many ways on the Ascension uptime. Prenerf it was very consistent, without even paying attention, now i need to actually keep track of the cooldowns. (Still nice uptime thx to Aldenar’s + Hourglass, but the nerf definitely hurt.)

Sorry for the late response, i somehow missed your question a week ago.

Hmm… infiltrators don’t do 5:20 anymore last time I checked… :cool:

I loved binders, still do, but I actually agree with the nerfs to active defense. I totally disagree, however, with the nerfs to binder damage that followed. Good that at least ARR is strong now.

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Currently, it is this BWC build. I removed OFF and reallocated the skill points.

This has got to the spammiest build I’ve seen in the game. There are FOUR rain of fire type skills. Then you got 2 mortar traps for even more fire dropping from the sky. Fissure in case death from above was not enough, you also get death from below.

Normally, piano builds are way too awkward for me to play. However, this build benefits from the fact that Devastation and Apocalypse are on long cooldowns and mortars are done at 2 summons so I don’t have to press too many keys all at once.

Play this build a few times and its very hard to imagine the landscape not turning into a barren desert with the amount of “devastation” it brings. :wink:

Spellbinder forever <3 Thought my new warlord is creeping up to my top spot!

Almost one year late to the party…

As the title is whats the most fun character, but the original post asks what is the funniest character ive ever played… I will choose to respond with the more interesting and more …fun… question;

The funniest character I have ever built and played has got to be Harry the Has-been.

This guy is the worst, in the best possible ways. I guess hes also one of the most fun builds I have played too, because creatively speaking, just the act of trying to build him got me really thinking outside the box to such a degree that I developed a strong desire for more items with unique disadvantages built into them.

EDIT: Sorry, for those who may want to forgo looking at the post about Harry’s inception, he is a Saboteur built around the idea of using every piece of gear with a disadvantageous proc or effect built into it, who I played with self-imposed rule that he must constantly be under the effect of Burrwitch Brew due to being a raging boozebag. To further jankify the build, I prioritized Dodge/Evade, and purposely sacrificed armor, phys res, and used Vitality as a damage type to “balance it out” in the most flavorful way, as Harry is an old war veteran with heart disease.

Probably the MOST fun part of the experience was chugging Burrwitch Brew in multiplayer, and watching people laugh and be mystified by Harry’s shuddering noises and random staggering.