I can see that happening since many of the epics that were left behind were for archetypes that also were left behind, like
- Apothecary Set for support witchblade (And deceiver as long as it doesn’t outshine tactician/witchblade options)
- Miasma set for poison occultist caster that isn’t paired with oathkeeper (the only set that exists, is Daega’s and it’s for sentinel.).
- Marauder set for OG gunslinging sorcerer.
- Oathbreaker for Non-shieldbreaker demo setups.
- Bloodreaper set for… pierce/bleed PB nightblade?
- Maiven’s set for… generalist arcanist? IDK what that set is trying to achieve.
- Guardsman’s set for Non-DK non-Warlord soldier.
- Wildcaller set for melee lightning primal strike.
- Brimstone set for a non-inquisitor fire strike demolitionist (Seriously, there are 2 purifier lategame epic sets and nothing for commando, 1 for pyro but not fire strike, 0 for sorcerer, elemental harmony for saboteur (OFF doesn’t count))
Non-set epic items
- Will of Fate for the 2h gun sorcerer,
- Wrathsteel Repeater which is aether 2h prm with a devastation proc!
- Blackwood Arbalest for elemental 2h prm.
- Scarlet Marksman for bleed soldier with a RR granted.
- Salt-core bolter for lightning retal/counterhit 2h ranged.
- Curse of Burrwitch for chaos 2h ranged with a rr proc (rr is important in chaos’ case)
- Blackwood Wand for Warlocks.
- Ulda’Jax for lightning caster shaman
- Malady for Poison %WD 2h ranged occultist with strong debuffs on attack.
Warhammer of Heavenly Judgment
for 2h shieldbreaker, with maybe some a +1 to arcanist for 2h sorcerer
as although the Solael Beheader covers fire based 2h caster (Pyro, Shieldbreaker, Sentinel) the warhammer is more built around attacking.
- Boneshard Lacerator for non-blade arc bleed shaman.
- Farmstead Liberator (suggested by @Nery) for 2h bleed blade arc
- Trollgut Eviscerator for 2h hybrid pet warder (oh hey @Maya) , maybe with extra focus on primal spirit in addition to Briarthorn.
- Prismatic Eviscerator for elemental CT arcanist (Could use conversion from aether to elemental)
for Primal Strike warder
Between the Wildcaller’s set, Malmouth Greatsword, and Korvan Storm-halberd, we have vindicators, elementalists, and pure shamans supported well enough in primal strike. The Mythical Falcon’s Claw could go to warders.
- Gutwrench Eviscerator for 2h pierce savagery warders.
- Slithbane for… I don’t know. Witchblades? I think their acid side is a little underutilized.
Lifting them up would increase epic variety (variety for epics is pretty low at high end, considering how often they drop), and give something for those niche builds.
also, unrelately there’s the Boltspitter line, which could use to support a couple more masteries: Soldier and Nightblade or Soldier and Shaman, as there is a lack of 2h pierce options for both.
And these were just the 2h items!