Which of the "Toughest" Boss fight you enjoy the most?

This poll is based on the bosses what people popularly consider to be challenging. So excuse me if i failed to include someone you personally find challenging

Voted for Log.

Really don’t like fights like Fabius, Shar’zul, or to a lesser extent Alkamos where the fight is high physical damage and the enemy shrugs off all slow/CC effects. Might be all well and good for a melee tank, or a dot caster - but what is an Aether Ray channeler to do? Can’t tank the damage, can’t CC em, can’t snare em to open up enough distance to channel, and channeling only when the invincibility shield is active is horrid design (also if you stay a split second past the end of the shield, get insta gibbed).

Incase you can’t tell most of my recent chars have been casters…

I went with edge of reality shit is so much fun and the great music adds to it. Log is probably my 2nd favorite even though the fight is a joke, just something about fighting giant hentai monsters :eek: Mad queen also super cool though. Meh at the rest

Alkek
Tough

The Sentinel is the best boss fight in the game, so…I guess I vote for the runner-runner-runner up, Shar’zul.

Playing as a summoner in the old tiny Log room who summoned a ton of mobs and finally managing to kill him was super satisfying

OT i loved the movie

I voted for Mogdrogen since that is my second favorite ARPG boss fight (offline), my favorite is Ordrak from Torchlight.

As for Edge of Reality i am still not there yet, farming Elite to get some items cause Cronley on Ultimate wasn’t as easy as i expected him to be (didn’t die though) and now i am supposed to enter Arkovian Undercity.

Also, i am not suprised that people don’t enjoy Fabius, he’s another level of broken. Though personally i find Alkamos’ fight one of the most fair fights. 1v1, melee fight is really fun, also Shadow Striking him in response to his very own Spectral Strike adds to the fun.

Not sure if sarcasm or serious. Cause i always thought you considered EoR very enjoyable

Fabius is predictable as fuck, people are killing him for fun.Yeah sometimes he can spawn with some crazy weapons (Notched Bone or Eldritch’s), in which case you just hit logout real quick. No shame, no shame.
The Sentinel imo is a much more challenging boss, he can equip crazy items, summon pets, summon big fuck off healing crystal, reduce your dps up to 75% .etc.

Voted Avatar but my favorite is Zaria who is similar in design. Both are ranged, one-dimensional damage (lightning vs chaos), able to summons (animals vs fiend), and with massive debuffs.

Imagine if Zaria is buffed to Avatar’s level, she’ll be much more potent with the slow curse and constant pox ticks. Though even my casters can tank Zaria now with 80% chaos resist… (not many builds can tank Avatar even with overcap lightning resist even on Elite…)

Agreed with Silben. My annoyance on all melee boss design with a 300+% movement gap closer is very much luck based. If you cannot tank them, the only strategy is to bait their charge and time the cooldown. One mis-timed while you are caught in the middle of cast/attack animation, then you’re dead. I’m surprised Iron Maiden or Loxmere are not on the list, they are both broken in certain way.

I enjoy the more telegraphed fights in the game.

Warden, Voldrak the Destroyer, Gutworm are a few examples. They aren’t too chaotic, you can dodge their attacks, but if you get hit by them you suffer the consequences.

Majority of bosses seem to be about speed/charging skills which I’m not too interested in so I suppose I won’t take a vote.

I am glad Zaria isn’t that broken. But that one is fun as well

But never really heard complaints about Loxmere or Iron Maiden.

Well technically Loxmere is just a filthy casual Hero, not a Boss, yes?

Well yeah and i personally never really noticed that one causing any real harm to me. Granted i have yet to face that hero on Ultimate, which i doubt i will since i prefer running when possible, don’t get me wrong but sometimes if the mob size is too small i just skip them even on ultimate i draw mobs and clear out large portions of them. (And no i am not stupid enough to do this in dungeons where there is little to no room to kite.)

I see complaints about loxmere all the time lol. I think he is a true glass cannon enemy. You can kill him very quickly but if your build isn’t tanky and you don’t see him then he will come out of nowhere and do some major damage. He also debuffs you and that can cause issues for a lot of builds.

I haven’t seen him in a while but I had a really tanky commando with capped res 15k hp, 1k regen and lots of other good stats and he almost 1 hit me. He did more than fabius could ever do.

1k regen :confused::confused:

Impressive, not saying not possible. I just am not very defensive oriented.

Also, this happened on Ultimate right?

I’m the opposite, I focus on the defensive side first, my current char has 1600 regen :slight_smile:

And yeah it was on ultimate, I was quite shocked and thought it was a nemesis at first or something, had to run away just to see what was going on but once I noticed my buffs off I knew it was him.

People without crowd control effects have been arguing that he’s been broken since we first ran into him. Those of us with sensible non-one-skill builds, however…

Yeah i guess since he never really caused any problems for me plus the fact that he isn’t exactly a boss (Unique/Nemesis) is the reason why i missed anything related to him.

I wonder if i should’ve added Kilrian to the list, don’t hear much complaining about him except for his DoT life reduction attack. Still can’t figure out how i am able to tank him on Ultimate though (not bragging, but seriously. I was almost one-shotted by a random Troll Hero, but this guy didn’t do anything, and i’m too apprehensive to go back and find it out for myself :undecided:)

Seriously though i’m really baffled by the way people are talking about Loxmere, the way people are describing their builds (crazy hp regen, great amount of health and maxed resists) it seems they can easily take on Sentinel near his crystals and Rashgala in melee (done both, pretty fun tbh) and yet are dying to a hero spawn?

I could be seeing this the wrong way, i encountered him multiple times on my Witch Hunter on Elite and once on my Warlock. The Warlock is my first profile so really weakly build and yet he didn’t die. The rest of my profiles (Sorcerer and Pyromancer) haven’t had the fortune or misfortune to have faced him. And i pay attention to my survival skill (skill that activates below a certain health) and it never even activated around this guy. How is he able to one-shot you guys?

I can’t believe 2 people voted for Mad Queen, I’m guessing that’s just the error rate for people reading “enjoy the least” instead of most. That fight is a mess and is more lopsidedly in favor of range than any other fight in the game in my opinion.