Which Ravager should I face

Oh yes so it does (just me being dense / tired last night)

I guess it is Ravager of Souls I am after

Do most people also go for the AdCTH?

Thanks for your guidance Ulvar!

Unless you play some retaliation build or pet build, focus on trying to kill a ravager in the first place :wink: I most often use the ravager of flesh one for the huge hp bonus. But the other ones have been useful in some of my builds.

1 Like

I will try. I was originally going to wait till my Warlord is complete since he has all the best natural defenses, but I’ve been focused on my Infiltrator/Purifier (trying to “fix” the latter who sucks ass) and am getting impatient. Meanwhile I’ve just completed the Infiltrator when I found a lovely Menacing Kaisan’s Burning Eye of Clout.

I was going to try my hand with my Tactician whose natural stats (non-specialized) are 2.9k armor and 37 phys res but I suppose I may need to boost these.

Try normal first, and see how it goes :slight_smile: They are pretty good helmets too.

1 Like

I am now pleased to report that I have killed Ravager of Flesh on Ultimate on my Warlord (first attempt, no deaths)!

I didn’t bother trying to mess about on my Tactician or any other character. I was first going to attempt him on Elite, except the problem was that none of my characters have completed any of the expansion content in Elite :sweat_smile: - only Normal / Ultimate.

Therefore I thought I’d bring my Warlord to 100 as quickly as possible and equip him with as close to “finished” gears as possible.

With pretty much finished gears except for amulet slot and a few other tweaks, I was able to boast a ridiculous 4.1k armour (when in Righteous Fervour) and a whopping 53% phys resist (using “Immovable” Prefix on a Colossal Bulwark shield). Bear in mind I also equip an Ugdenbog Girdle and a Stonefaced Gargobol Ring of Attack, among other things, which boost armor. I also run near-permanent Overguard with 70% block chance and 100% recovery cooldown.

Therefore, given what I know about Ravager, I figured this toon was ready to face an enemy renowned for its monstrous physical hits. And he did not disappoint! It was a long battle, a battle of attrition - given that my sheet DPS is only 71k - but in the end my ultra-tankiness won the day and I was awarded with a Ravager Dreadgaze drop :relaxed: I don’t know how long it took - I didn’t time it - but it could have been up to 10 mins. I might time it next attempt!

I decided to choose Ravager of Flesh as like you, I decided the hp% bonus was probably most beneficial.

P.S. It does make me wonder how difficult he is on a non-shield build though!! My “Damage Blocked” stat is also 4.8k (when in Overguard) so when you add this to the armour and phys resist, these are defenses that most other builds simply cannot even come close to obtaining…

3 Likes

This is my go-to ravager lazy killer https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aawbk2 takes about 7 min

Here is my guy

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbreYYV

I’ve not completed all the important quests on him yet so there’s still some stat / skill points to collect (inc. shattered realm)

I’ve been looking for a good Kaisan’s Burning Eye for him (I love + skills) but haven’t found an appropriate one yet. Have been hoping for an Incorruptible of Alacrity, as I could use the Aether/Chaos res (everything but 2 slots is Mankind’s Vigil :pensive: ) and he’s a touch low on attack speed. Hopefully with some skill points freed up I can boost DPS by putting more into Righteous Fervour/Retribution.

Do most people look to overmax RF by the full 10 as they do Cadence?

It’s very interesting looking at other people’s builds - we all do things so differently (and that what makes this game so great). I see you’ve gone the Cadence route! What sort of DPS are you hitting if you don’t mind me asking? I also love that you’ve included Bear in your set up. I was looking at the Maul proc, the armour reduction must be very useful, but I couldn’t really fit it in my setup. I’ve mostly tried to stack Internal Trauma (going the Bull Rush route) and the Elemental to Physical on Octavius helps with this (e.g. converting Burn to Trauma on RF, Fire to armour pass Physical elsewhere etc)

I’ve also opted for Dark Progenitor on my medal - the Rylok Wings attack is a beaut!! OA and DA reduction all in one attack, and that meant I was able to spec out of Judgement.

EDIT: I’ve realized it’d probably be more effective for me to opt for Serenity in relic and pick up Spellscourge in ammy slot, as per your build. Comparing notes is useful!

I can show some pics later with different procs, I did not bother with RF, build is skill hungry and its so clunky to charge RF.

2 Likes

Cool stuff, look forward to seeing it!

My Tactician is a Cadence pistolier with Warcry (plus Warborn visor and all the trimmings) and so I wanted to do something a little different with my Warlord, so I built him as primarily Oathkeeper with Solider support, rather than vice versa. :relaxed: It works, and he’s fun. Just need to up that DPS. Jealous of your -45 physical RR on one click though.

I use tip of scales only for energy leech on ravager of flesh. For other content i do devo change

1 Like

Yeah that was a big pain in the backside during the fight, I had to chug energy potions constantly / disengage to avoid the “puddle” (which I think triggers the energy drain?). I was going to pop a Arcane Spark in the medal to hopefully fix this issue!

P.S. I’ve changed my gloves as per your slot, I had a pair in my GDStash :slight_smile: I might also swap out the boots. Don’t have the amulet though, so will have to look out for this in SR. Also need to craft a Serenity. Fun times :sweat_smile:

I bet you can kill Callagadra with that set up then?

I just wanted “hold down LMB and win” build playstyle against ravager with this one so no kiting or potions at all basically :slight_smile:

With Deadly momentum and overguard:

plus Ulzaad:

Btw I just killed ravager first time this patch with this build 5:46 :slight_smile:

Oof very nice :hushed: If that’s the kind of DPS you get on your tank, what are you getting on your other toons ?! :thinking:

I never claimed this build was good or fast or anything so. In particular, I did not claimed it was better than ANY AAR build :slight_smile:

2 Likes

About that build, does the -15% total damage from Overguard mutator noticeable with the +150% damage on Colossal Grasp?

Look at the shield too. Dps is higher with overguard on

whoops, didn’t notice that 10% part, only the perma overguard stuff. Yes I can see now why the damage is higher with overguard on.

also note 10% attack damage converted to health from the medal to overguard.

I just killed him - very safely - in 4.03 with this setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26rqdb2

Very elated with how this build has come together. Up until yesterday I had Octavius Pauldrons in the shoulder slot - and a second Gargabol ring in the ring slot - and I was sporting a whopping 60% phys resist (3rd piece in the set gives an extra 10% res, plus flat trauma damage).

I was just idly looking upon my gear when I realized none of the Octavius pieces gives any useful + skill points to specific skills I use (aside from the Oathkeeper mastery on the helm, of course). That’s when it occurred to me to change the shoulder - I realized I’d lose 10% phys resist (which is probably overkill anyway) and could make up the trauma damage elsewhere.

I spent a bit of time in my stash looking at different shoulder options and settled on the Korvan Spaulders - base phys/trauma damage, health, aether resistance, +3 to a skill I use, and the icing on the cake: elemental to phys conversion, so I can achieve 100% (turning all fire/burn damage on RF, Guardian of Empyrion, Smite, and Empyrion devotion to armour pass phys/trauma). And I was fortunate enough to already have this particular roll in my stash - Impervious of Readiness - keeping any good looking greens throughout my gameplay really pays off!

This also meant I could drop the 2nd Gargobol Ring and take up Black Matriarch for the proc, bringing my total phys RR to -100! And I spotted a second lovely synergy - the Ugdenbog belt turns half of that poison damage into trauma to boot!

So, testing this boosted offensive capability on Ravager, it increased kill time from over 5 minutes to just over 4!

I didn’t bother putting an Arcane Spark in the medal: my combined cooldown comes to 15%, so I can run Ascension half the time, which comes with lovely energy leech resist. Between this, potions and a bit of kiting, it wasn’t a huge problem.

Yep, the Colossal Bulwark is a lovely option for perma overguard builds - drops the damage penalty to “only” 8%, and the Colossal Grasp are godly - an absolute must have for this kind of build.

P.S. I’ve left 2 augment slots in helm/belt free for chaos resistance augment (I previously had mankind vigil, but no longer need the aether). Just waiting to get revered to obtain the Solael’s augment, and that will take it to max.

1 Like

build look solid, but what source of elemental damage are you converting to physical?

Or you use octavius purley for +% dmg? You could go spellscourge helm and shoulder for attack speed bonus. (or warborn… ending up with more or less my build :stuck_out_tongue: )

you could use blindside or markovian for some DA shred too

Another thing, is that spellscorge amulet provide attack speed to overguard, that is why dps will become actually a bit higher with perma overguard (with that MI sheld and the gloves)