[Witch Hunter] 200k+ Poison ticks / 250k+ Crits

I’ve seen him, but the flat amount of damage doesn’t apply to spell that doesn’t have weapon % as far as I know and if it does it scale with the % value of the skill to a maximum of 100%. So it wouldn’t apply to his dreeg evil eye build, except maybe with shadow strike. Still it doesn’t answer my question!

Where else would you go in a poison build though? I guess that’s my question, in regard to your question. I’m not sure what skill he has it bound to. I’ll ask him tonight if he streams, he’ll go over it if I ask him.

I second this. Especially the claim that he’s hitting 150k+ dot ticks while still remaining tanky. For instance, on my Witchhunter who is completely built for offense (e.g. +1900% poison damage, 3+ resist debuffs and a corresponding devotion setup), I barely hit for 130k dot ticks. Not saying its BS, but it would be nice to see what he’s doing to pump out all that damage while still gearing for ultimate difficulty.

Abominable Might does chaos damage, not acid/poison.
Tainted Eruption doest poison damage over time and is a big aoe proc.

I’m talking about Abominable Might, not Tainted Eruption, just to make sure!
The build of sfhobbit scale pretty well with the Tainted Eruption proc.

Oh wow! Now we’re on the same page! Whoops.

Ok here is the witch hunter I was talking about:

grimcalc without bonuses

grimcalc with bonuses and devotion setup

Head: Stonehide exalted visage of blight
amulet: pestilence of Dreeg with plague of rot skill (Straight poison dot)
rings: closed fist and open hand set
weapons: plaguebearer’s slithtongue and resistant slithtongue
chest: vestments of the great guardian
pants: nidalla’s legwraps
shoulder: resistant zantarin shoulderguards of vitality (been farming for a better one but these are pretty awesome)
gloves: viperfang grips
boots: venomspine greaves
relic: malediction
belt: tinker’s ingenuity
medal: mark of the apostate

I have 9100 health and only 769 sheet dps but with so many sources of independent poison and 1500% inc poison damage with 170% duration it stacks up very quickly. With all of my procs and both heal buffs up I sit at about 2.5k health regen per second. All of my resistances are above 70% except fire (sad day!) which is at 59%. I am trying like hell to get a zantarin shoulder guard with the right combination of res and health to cover the fire but it just has not happened yet. The only thing I have trouble with on ultimate is Zantarin ironically enough and its the damn chaos bolt shotgun that I always shadow strike right into lol. The highest poison tick I have seen was on ultimate cronley and it was 193k. I’ve seen 150-160k on Fabius. This build is very fun and very active but can easily tank, I do hate left click face roll builds.

Good build. I’m doing a variation ofa melee witch hunter using chaos damage. 2 chaos riftstones and two chaos weapons

I’ve become addicted to regen + heals as well, nearly all my chars have behemoth + tree

Wow…put guardians gaze on bloody pox…Just drop 1 point into BP. Now laugh your ass off…

Even better, you can now put devotion skills onto the spell from pestilence of dreeg amulet. You don’t even need to waste the points on pox anymore, you get another -15% poison res or a straight poison dot that spreads like pox for free!!

please link me the item. i can craft it but havn’t the spell you are talking about…

The amulet can spawn with 7 different plagues :wink:

Nice signature Primeval :smiley:

Thank you :). And yeah pestilence of dreeg is a hidden beauty that most people don’t know about. It told with great stats and one of seven plagues. There is a chance to confuse one, chance to fear one, resist reduction one, straight poison dot one, armor reduction, and two others I can’t remember. The resist reduction and straight poison dot one I alternate between and they spread just like pox

Been playing this build as my first character in GD, fun so far!

Sorry for the newb question, but why do you put points in Solaels witchfire? Is it so that additional procs will trigger from veil of shadow? Doesn’t poe chill already give damage to veil so that it triggers procs? Or am I totally misunderstanding and veil of shadow trigger procs without additional flat damage - then I’m really not sure why witchfire is taken.

this build do a not to be understimated amount of chaos damage (see abomination). attack speed ist also nice. if you don’t need it, change it. for example anatomy of murder for farming fabius.

I ended up with a fairly simillar build to yours, at least conceptually.

I’m pretty satisfied so far, especially since i completely wrecked Fabius with absolutely horrible defensive stats (7k health, negative bleeding res):

I am sorry to say this but i think the OP is just an overly-enthusiastic new player. What he fails to mention is that the 250k crits he gets are due to around +50% damage to humans he stacks from the Deathmark chest piece + Nidalla’s Leggwraps + Anatomy of Murder. His real damage is esentially cut in half against anything else. He will also have problems vs plagued/ diseased enemies because the Basilisk Claws do full acid damage with no additional channel. Sure, he does chaos damage, but he has no way to debuff that (no Necrosis, no eldritch fire, etc. ) and cold damage is not exactly the highest in terms of raw numbers.

New players should be extremely careful in trying this build because he died 40 times in less than 3 days (see the picture he posted on the first page). I find that an indicator of how awful this build really is from a defensive point of view and not how bad he is as a player. In fact I am not enterily sure he can farm all endgame (i.e. Lvl 90 Valdaran will rip his head off in Ultimate with no Tinker / Mark of Divinity / Avatar of Mercy).

Yours truly,
The Guardian of the Hidden Realm :wink:

Then again his DA and armor are both low. Obviously, Avatar of mercy would help also by having resistances to an higher cap (+4%). While keeping Abomination in his devotion set up, he could tweak it and be a bit more tanky (more health, DA and Armor).

With such a build, Valdaran would be quite easy.

Ok, I admit my perspective on this issue might be a little distorted as I mostly play Hardcore Ultimate and even in Softcore I delete a character if Total Deaths > 0. I gave the example of Valdaran because:

1. He stuns and OP has no stun resist (not even the first star in Empty Throne so he sits at 0;
  2. He debuffs and OP doesn’t have overcapped resistances.
  3. He can one-shot you. Tehnically speaking, of course, it is not a one-shot, but an electric shotgun. At DA values <2000, if u get critted by all three projectiles you are basically dead even if u have 10k hp. This shotgun effect is also why guys like Gastris can be even more dangerous than Loxmere or Fabius if u do not go over the cap.
  4. He deals no physical damage - therefore Aspect of the Guardian becomes useless.

I think the OP seriously needs a passive fail-safe mechanism like the Avatar of Mercy/ Tinker. Any experienced player knows that in Ultimate, at least, the order should go like this:

stun resistance > physical resistance > things you can buff with potions ;). If you do not have enough stun resistance, you should at least cover that with procs like Chariot of the Dead / Tree of Life. OP, of course, doesn’t have those.

i’m working since 3 days on a new build and forgot you to post my last update (more defence):

slightly changed point allocation and took chariot of the dead for rat, 2 points from owl, switched 1 point in crossroads and 1 point from ulzuin’s torch:
http://grimcalc.com/build/lLYTk3

equip changes:
shoulders: deathmarked shoulders
belt: shadowstalker belt
medal: mark of divinity

resistances:
Imgur

i lose a bit dps but gain a live insurance -> wayward soul + divine light