Wolfcamp Density (Mapgeneration)

How many wolfcamps are too many wolfcamps?

When I settled, I saw 4 camps next to each other and thought, challenge accepted!

I haven’t fully explored the area yet. Sent in 50 or so villagers just to remove fog of war, and so far I see 10 wolfcamps next to each other…

Not one to complain, but I could have done with less :slight_smile:

Seed: 74D17765267

Heavens above, and I thought two together was rough!!! Best of luck with them…if you find any good tatics other than organizing a massive village-wide suicide charge let us know. :smiley:

The first time I had Pacifist turned off the first map had eight or nine wolf Dems right next to each other in a huge group. Needless to say I rerolled that map immediately.

It’s rare even seeing one these days when I roll a new seed.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So many juicy steaks. Best seed ever! If enemy army walks near that thing you don’t even need to have guards.

I gave it a try, build two hunters as backline and a tower as frontline.
As soon as the tower was done, the wolf slaughter started. 10-15 wolves died without a problem. The carcasses attracted a new wave of wolves (before they approached 1-3 at a time), 10-15 strong they took down the tower in seconds and claimed the area, killing anyone daring to walk past the walls.

I believe it is time to find a new seed with less “natives” right next to the town :joy:

Haha ouch…considering it took me 5 hunters cabins and a small army (~30) villagers to storm 2 wolf dens, I can’t imagine the slaughter of 10. The hardest part is you would have had to kill 40+ wolves pretty much at the same time and destroy their dens. That would take a lot of people.

I’m sure you can just build 20 hunters and 10 smoke houses and never worry about food ever again.

Sent in 15-20 villagers to take out a wolf den… As the area was revealed, turned out there were at least 14 wolf dens that wiped out the attacking villagers and then attacked the village in groups of a dozen or more. I quit after more than 60 villagers had been killed by wolves that were still attacking.

Yes, it becomes a little impossible if the wolfs are pulled close (or in to village) by corpses.
The next map I tried out had 3 wolf camps next to each other. It does give a villager loss now and again, but at the same time works as a great source of meat.
The map generation just needs a little balance when it comes to those camps :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.