Worst Skills build 1.0.0.3

That sounds cool! i want to be chosen now!

better him than that “snobish” high self opinion rovers god
what was his name magd…madra…magdagon?..magadon?..who cares

I’ve only found one use for Ulzuin’s Chosen.

Canister bomb has a 100% chance to proc devotion skills such as Eldritch Fire. When Ulzuin’s triggers it allows you to re-cast Canister Bomb and re-apply Eldritch Fire etc etc. The debuff appears to stack because Eldritch Fire has no cooldown.

It also works with Assassin’s Mark even though you need a critical. Due to the explosion radius of Canister Bomb scoring a critical is pretty much guaranteed. But meh, the only build I have that uses it only invested 1 point into Ulzuin’s Chosen and + skills brought it up to level 8.

this. and it’s probably the main imbalance in the game for me. when every legendary gives you +xx% in one and more frequently several damage type, and often +1xx%, why invest in these skills ? (not counting relics, devotion, exclusive skills…) that’s also why PHY is so superior to the two other attributes imo. unfortunately it probably won’t happen now.

for the rest i agree that UC needs a rework, Stun Jacks, Doom Bolt, Bloody Pox and Cadence all need a buff.

Crit chance in GD is rolled once per skill use, just like in PoE. So if your skill rolled “high”, it will probably crit all its targets, and if it rolled “low”, it wont crit any.

Having just levelled a second Commando to try the Valdun set I have to say that Cadence is an absolutely terrible skill. When compared to FireStrike it’s just horrible in every way:

• 2 useless shots followed by 1 potentially good shot, that might pierce a bunch of mobs IF you’re lined up right…it just feels very, very clunky. [*]Because of the above point, lacks reliable AOE.
  • Also lacks single target damage! A well equipped Valdun vs Ulzuin commando is just laughably bad.
  • Aesthetically, it’s also pretty boring…“putt putt fzzz, putt putt fzzz” with virtually no visuals, compared to the veritable fireworks, explosions, dragon’s breath and flame thrower effects (Hellborne) from fire Commando.
  • Valdun set bonuses are also horrible, but that’s another matter (although slightly related).

Basically, why would anyone ever choose Cadence in it’s current form?

I’m not sure a buff would save it. Personally I think it needs a complete rework. Maybe make it a shotgun type skill by default, with multiple projectiles, so you can get up close and make a mess, and some exaggerated muzzle flash wouldn’t go amiss. I like the eb and flow idea of the “cadence”, but having the first 2 shots essentially doing nothing is just annoying. If all shots had the Cadence attributes, but there was, for example, a 33% chance for a shot to do double damage, or double crit chance or something, it would keep the cadence idea but be much less frustrating to use.

Such a shame, because the Valdun set has a great look to it.

Fighting Form (Cadence upgrade) provides quite strong bleed damage. Also, Cadence itself isnt bad for bleed, cause one big hit is what matters for it.
So, Cadence is usable for bleed builds, but in every other aspect, it sucks badly.

Oh, and you’re right, Vadun is a useless crap, when compared to Ulzuin and Harbinger.

I might have to re-gear and give a bleed build a go then…at least before I respec to FireStrike :undecided:

The only saving grace I found from levelling was discovering that, due to the devotion changes in 1.0.0.3, when you attach Falcon Swoop to a DoT skill with a cooldown, like Blackwater Cocktail, it’s pretty awesome for clearing packs (I was forced to experiment by Cadence’s crapness!). It often procs multiple times in row so you get Falcons on every 1sec cd. I still have concerns about single target, but with Falcon also being bleed damage there might be some semblance of a build in there.

The Shotgun Falconer © perhaps - you saw it here first :smiley:

Just grab Empowered Scarlet Marksman, get Rend, and shoot em to bleed ).

Oh, BTW - DoTs dont trigger constellation procs, only direct hits do. Skills like Blackwater Coctail just put a debuff on enemy, and debuff periodically “hits” till expires, once per second.

Cadence: No Synergy Allowed

Upheaval: Synergy is Dead

Ulzuin’s Chosen Poorly

Bloody Bollocks

Unfinished Blades

Blade It’s a Trap

Olexra’s Frigid Fart

Cadence? More like Decadence… the mechanics of this skill is just bad.

Seriously, it’s screaming “REDESIGN ME!”

Why is Upheaval bad? For a bleed based build that use a 2H melee weapon it just seems like it would be added damage, especially if you don’t use a Warder for the build and use a Conjurer like me, where the only points you use in Occultist are CoF.

Because it only activates on non-proc attacks, and even then only on crits, and its damage is all-around pretty lackluster too.

You meant “default attacks”, probably? Upheaval is WPS skill.
Upheaval provides decent AoE and can proc “on crit” constellations well. I actually like the idea behind Upheaval, but yes, its damage is underpowered, 90% weapon damage means you actually lose some damage, which isnt good. Damage should be something around 120% at 10 level, then it will be OK skill.

Upheaval looks awesome and the activation condition (critical hits) is fine, but the fact that it’s in the same boat as Cadence (doesn’t work with Weapon Pool Skills - like the friggin skill right behind it, Feral Hunger) makes its use very limited and therefore unappealing for many builds.

I see, I just happen to be using a build that benefits from the added damage then. Not that I’m putting many points into it, but I don’t really want my points to go anywhere else, everything I use is maxed out or where I want it lol.

Upheaval is a WPS skill :eek: You’re basically wanting the equivalent of ZT+MA to proc at the same time.

It may not scale well. Boosting it’s %Weapon Damage to the point MortalKombat suggested will suffice. I don’t think it’s a terrible skill though.

dd:furious:

Grim Dawn need more “caster spells” …

and need more %weapon dmg based caster spells.

wind devil + trozan’s sky shard + stun jacks + Thermite mine is
totally junk skills, IMO.

%weapon dmg and DoT dmg based melee class is always very powerful.

i love grim dawn… but Path of Exile ranged skills mechanic and designe better than Grim Dawn!

P.S - sorry guys. I am not very good at English.

Nope, just because it’s a proc doesn’t make it a WPS; Upheaval would be a Weapon Pool Skill if its Weight were added to the proc pool. To clarify, here’s a list of mastery-based WPS skills:

[ul][li]Soldier: Markovian’s Advantage, Zolhan’s Technique[/li]
[li]Nightblade: Belgothian’s Shears, Amarasta’s Quick Cut, Whirling Death, Execution[/li]
[li]Shaman: Feral Hunger[/li]
[/ul]
Upheaval ONLY activates on basic attacks (that don’t trigger a WPS proc) that critically strike. This means that Upheaval is overridden by WPS procs. Which are overridden by Cadence. Wasn’t this game supposed to be about skill synergies? :rolleyes:

This is the problem with Upheaval: there are too many hoops to jump through just to get a an Upheaval proc. It only gets to shine when nobody else decides to show up, and only if it gets really lucky. Oh, and let’s not forget that it’s restricted to 2H melee weapons too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do what I do. Carpet bomb em’ with proc bullets. Falcon on grasping vines and fangs on bloody pox.

I wish there were more bullet like skills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk