Xbox one release

Too late for that:

I am very hyped but patiently waiting. Will the Xbox release provide any additional improvements for gamepad users? Picking items up, scrolling inside inventory and clunky character movement are not ideal. I think Titan Quest has it better.

Clunky character movement? Isnā€™t it the same as with M&K?

Isnā€™t Picking up items with Pick Up button working well (picks up one item in your vicinity)?

Yeah that true. I wonder if something can be done about it besides removing obstacles because automatic pathing around would be kinda weird on analog stick when the game doesnā€™t know your final destination.

I feel like it is worse, easier to get stuck, character just stops running at the first collision where as with the mouse the character does try to path around things?

KBM (point and click movement) and analog are two completely different control schemes in terms of capabilities\functionality. Iā€™ve never moved my character with a controller in GD and said to myself ā€œThis feels clunkyā€ - quite the opposite, movement is smooth as butter.

Concerning inventory navigation - you have TWO navigation methods available to you.

1. Analog control of the cursor: this allows for faster navigation from one end of the screen to the other.

2. D-pad control of the cursor: this allows you to move ā€˜item-by-itemā€™ one at a time if necessary, for finer precision.

Determining when to use one over the other will make the task easier on the user.

It should also be noted on the topic of ā€˜picking up itemsā€™ that you CAN also use the D-pad, when presented with a cluster of items to pick from in a group on the ground, to navigate from item-to-itemā€¦ simply by pressing up/down on the D-pad. Simple.

2 Likes

True, but IIRC also infrequent.

I tried it in beta as I was looking forward to have move-to-attack with my gamepad, but with TQā€™s many retreating enemies melee feels really awkward. And inventory management has been dreadful. And I disagree with other things, too. After several sessions I returned to KB/M in TQ.

1 Like

Creeping up on 4 years since this port was announced, (March 2018) on Xbox. I canā€™t decide whether to root for Grim Dawn finally being available on my platform or if I should start rooting for the hilarity of that time spans increase.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s some truth to this bottleneck with certification, but plenty of other studios, (even small ones) have been bringing their games to the Xbox market.

I think itā€™s safe to say there just arenā€™t enough resources being brought to bear here.

Lol. It is a conspiracy of lazy devs not wanting the pathetic masses to give them money.

Secretly they do this to piss of their customers and make them suffer. Mwahahahahaha!

Note: I have no idea what Iā€™m talking about. So sad others donā€™t.

Just saw a post on facebook a few minutes ago stating that it was re-submitted for Xbox certification - fingers crossed. Fingers crossed indeed. Hope this time it all goes well!! Thanks for the update. One of those lurkers playing the pc version while waiting and watching for the xbox version as well. Anything to further support the dev team.

One question though, not sure if able to answer, but will you also be selling the loyalist packs on Xbox for further support? I understand theyā€™re called Steam Loyalist Packs, but thought I would check.

Yep, hereā€™s the post

They may SadExchange since GOG also has the Loyalist Packs. :crossed_fingers: for that too!

1 Like

But why Facebook and not here?

Uh, literally here. See medeaā€™s post.

Also, #lazyDevs, duh! :stuck_out_tongue:

My theory is that the research tells them that console kiddies love the Facebook and expect to be catered to there.

I hope it passes certification. Iā€™m rooting for you guys, I canā€™t wait to give the game a shot. This is by far my most anticipated game.

Iā€™ve also been wondering if the team ever got their hands on a Series X dev kit? The last that I had heard they were still without it. I admit that I donā€™t know a lot about the game-design process, so this may be an ignorant question. But without a dev kit for the XSX would the team be able to reliably fix issues that were to arise on that specific console if they didnā€™t have a dev kit for it?

For example, Iā€™ve seen a few games that released for both the Xbox One as well as the Series X who have had crashing issues that were specific to the Series X, would this type of issue be fixable without a dev kit?

Anyway, my fingers are crossed and Iā€™m wishing you the best of luck. :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Fingers crossed :jack_o_lantern:

Hereā€™s a lil something while yaā€™ll are waiting for the port to go thruā€¦

:smirk:

2 Likes

AT LAST! :grava_yes: :clinking_glasses:

12 Likes

Congrats on passing the certification.

Does anyone know if retail/boxed copies will be available or is this going to be digital only??

1 Like

on floppy disks too, I hopeā€¦

/jk