Xbox one release

Mmm… not really feeling the urge for that. Been holding it down here for 6-7 years now and I rather like it. I’m good but thanks for the suggestion. Feel free to send 'em my way tho.

And don’t take it personal… it’s just an autoreflex of mine when people ask questions that noone in the thread would actually know off the top of their head. Except for @medea_fleecestealer who of course is absolutely employed by Crate. :neutral_face: I really mean that. She’s probably highly paid. I think. Like Benjamins for days.

tumblr_mn0t5qWJ6O1sokye8o1_500

I’m really looking forward to GD on the XBOX!

How is that a cop out? I think you need to use Google to look up how to use the term ‘cop out’ appropriately. I’m not a dev /gasp1 - so using Google is the logical thing to do. Your own account of the process there even verifies exactly what Google turns up about the process (which can even be seen in my screenshot above)! That it varies! Imagine that.

If you had actually Googled it and looked you would have seen that I was right. Hell, if you had actually read my post you would have seen that it was already determined exactly what you just verified…

So use Google and thanks for verifying that Google actually does work. One day in the possibly near future this conversation will likely even turn up on the same topic as yet more proof of Google working. /gasp2

Gotta love the irony in that.

This is getting silly. This port is not only taking longer than entire game developments but we still don’t even have an expected release date. Crate is obviously not working diligently to release this on Xbox and that is really bad business. They must know POE 2 is just around the corner and Diablo 4 following that. If this takes much longer it will be too late.

1 Like

I think there may be good reasons other than the certification process why the xbox release is taking time, e.g multiplayer could use some work, mod support and/or potential stash issues (assuming GD stash or IA can’t run on an xbox). I bet these would be quite significant criticisms of the xbox release if it were to release with players not having ways to resolve those frustrations.

As much as I look forward to it, I don’t think vanilla GD is user-friendly enough for console.

My suspicion is that Crate will want to release a more polished version for the platform as the release will bring in more attention. I don’t know why else it would take this long.

1 Like

my suspicion is that something is holding back Crate… I think they can only finish xbox until they finally get tired of updating the pc version. But they wont tire out easily, their fetish to hand out more free updates is insatiable at this point that i wont be surprised if we reach version 2.0 first before they even resume finishing the console port lol,… and by that point in time they will come to realize that they want to add MOAR so then they will postpone again…

Why is it silly? I guess you accept Anthem, Fallout 76 on release. Me I rather have the best product THAT WORKS and not needing patches.

To each their own I guess.

They began announcing this port “Coming Soon to Xbox one” in beginning months of 2018. I’m sorry, but we are over 2 years later and we still don’t even have an ETA. I don’t think categorizing this as silly at this point is exaggeration or unwarranted criticism.

Get over it. It’s been just Rhis (one person) working on it mainly all this time. It’s in certification now according to last info by Crate. It’ll get here when it gets here and we are in the last leg of that process now - re: the wait is almost over now.

It’ll be ready when it’s ready. Like mentioned above, Crate actually likes to take their time on things and deliver a proper, polished release than rushing out products that haven’t been tested properly. They’ve made a significant number of improvements to the game over those 2 years (e.g. controller support and deferred renderer) aimed at improving a console experience that the PC version has also enjoyed so they evidently have been hard at work at it.

It’s also known at this point that they have multiple new game products in the works as well so they are keeping themselves quite busy. I surmise the reason it is taking as long as it as @powbam stated is because they don’t have many people working on it due to being a relatively small studio. But give it time and I have faith they will deliver something grand, just like they did with the expansions.

Can you guys at least be more transparent with what’s going on? You’ve been saying it’s in certification for a year now. If this isn’t out soon, you’ve pretty much missed the best window possible as Torchlight 3 will most likely be out later this summer and PoE 2.0 will be out later in the year/early 2021. We’ve been waiting for this port for over two years now with pretty much 0 communication. We haven’t even seen Xbox gameplay if I’m not mistaken. Tons of fans keep asking about the Xbox port and all we’re told is that it’s in certification. It’s getting pretty old.

1 Like

They have been saying it’s in certification for a year now. We don’t know when we’ll ever see the game on Xbox at this point. They are being way too quiet about it, something must be going on.

I love a good conspiracy…

giphy

…please, tell me more.

First mention of certification:

^Do note the DATE there. A year? Mhm. Moving on to two weeks ago…

First replier sounds suspiciously like… you.

I get that some people might be really excited about playing Grim Dawn on Xbox but man, this level of entitlement is absurd. It’s not like Crate made people pre-order GD on Xbox and are screwing them by delaying the release. The Xbox release was always just a plus.

Right? I love how they act like PoE 2.0 or Torchlight 3 matters at all to Crate :smile:

That’s not me and they were talking about sending it for certification back in April of 2019 If you scroll up in this very same thread. I get you guys are crate fanboys, jeeze, but it’s okay to critique a company’s communication. You can see a bunch of people feel the same way about this situation on that Facebook post btw.

Medea also said this in another thread from May of 2019: “And Xbox port is still going through testing/certification as the plan is to offer the game as a bundle of GD/AoM/FG .”

I mean they should because that could mean lost sales. If GD launches on Xbox when PoE 2.0 comes out, I won’t get GD. My brother feels the same way and I’m sure many other people do too. We have been waiting for two years now and Crate has had horrible communication about the Xbox port.

I’m sorry, and the following i mean unironically in all seriousness, but you really give me a loud laugh. Oh boy… especially the last part about Diablo 4. You would wish it would go that fast…

Boi… that’s not conspiracy… it’s facts. Don’t be weird about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Is PoE2 even announced for Console. And if so, should it be released that early?

And about Torchlight 3, as much as i love that game already and can’t wati for full release… i don’t see how it’s in competition with GD, even if both are HnS, they are quite different… and have a different appeal.

But i guess that’s only me…

1 Like

Yes PoE 2.0 is confirmed for consoles. It’s being built within PoE 1.0. As for a release date, they said beta possibly at the end of 2020, so a release in early 2021 doesn’t seem too far-fetched.

It’s simple - one person, one coder - has been tirelessly working on this port this entire time. Much of that work is very VISIBLE in the PC version. Controller support/UI was improved, x64 version is another byproduct of that work, Deferred Rendering and host of other odds and ends.

I’m not sure how much more “transparency” you really need. What’s footage or pictures gunna show you that you can’t already see with the current PC version? They are going to be pretty much identical. The Facebook post 2 weeks ago spells it out plainly. It’s in the last legs of certification, they had a few minor issues that were already taken care of. Again, it’s almost there now.

PoE2 and TL3 have nothing to do with it and are no relation to a GD Xbox version. You won’t buy it if they miraculously hit console before them?

/shrugs

Oh well?

I just checked… there is no Facebook post in April or that timeframe of 2019 mentioning certification or the Xbox port. Care to link?

Nevermind… I found medea’s quote that you imagined claimed they were in certification:

Seems you misread. As you can see here when you compare the above quote from last year it lines up with their January FB post where they said that a 2019 release might have been a little ambitious. Zantai at the time of that stream quote clearly thought they might hit it at that point. They didn’t. They made a post about it in January with revised information saying it would be happening in the coming months, two weeks ago they updated that information.

I am completely unsure what more you need from them that they haven’t already given. It’s almost here. They aren’t going to base the release of it around the fact that you won’t buy it if something else comes out first. That would be ludicrous of them to do or to even care about doing for one or a few people so why even go there? Who do you really think you are that you imagine that you are that important?