Xbox one release

Xbox certification has some fairly strict requirements, not the least of which includes framerate checks.

Considering the hardware a console has versus a high-end PC, that necessitated some upgrades. Of course that means the game will run better (and look better) on PC as well across a wider range of systems!

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates everyone!!

Donā€™t worry, Zantai will tell us when Crate have a definite Xbox release date.

At least we get Torchlight 2 on Sept. 3 woot.

1 Like

Just curious how some piano builds would transfer into xbox. Seriously, some builds require 15 slot of skills

Maybe they wonā€™t. Then weā€™ll have some new builds instead.

1 Like

MMOā€™s like Black Desert and ESO require far more slots than this game and they work just fine on console. You can easily make bar swaps(like ESO) or use button combos and ring menus(like BDO) which essentially gives you 30+ slots. Having enough easily accessible slots is the least of their problems when it comes to porting a game.

Any news on Xbox One port?? desperate to play!

1 Like

I think it is exceedingly strange we still have no announcements about this. We are talking about entire game development calendars since this port was announced, and still nothing?

1 Like

Well it scares me honestly that they are taking as long as they are with no announcements.

It is basically telling me they are having serious issues with either the game or licensing or whateverā€¦

From GDā€™s Facebook page:

" 13 January Ā·

A quick heads up on the Xbox Port, as that has been a topic of some discussion in the comments section of late.

As you may have guessed by it now being 2020, our original estimate of releasing the port in 2019 may have been a tad ambitious.

But the good news is: the Xbox port is 100% still coming and the extra time itā€™s had in development is only going to result in a better experience for you as all of the PC versionā€™s major content updates will now be included right away!

In the process of working on certification requirements, we felt that additional optimization would ensure that the game you will be seeing on console will look and feel as awesome as it does on PC, without compromising on visuals and gameplay by removing objects from playable scenes.

The upside of going above and beyond on the engine work is that performance will be even better on both console and PC!

Stay tuned in the coming months as we approach the finish line and the Xbox port is in your hands!"

Thank you. Iā€™m not on Facebook so that is very helpful. I know itā€™s strange that I donā€™t just pick it up on my PC, but Iā€™m a man of habit and when Iā€™m gaming Iā€™m sitting in a recliner gaming. When Iā€™m on my computer Iā€™m working. Thanks again good sir.

Thanks a ton Medea, now I just wish they would tell us if it has couch coop or not.

There is no way they donā€™t know if it will be included at this point or not =(

Maybe than again, if itā€™s a feature which is considered, it also could be something which they tackle / try when they feel the Game is ready / polished enough. I understand how you feel about this, while i most likely focus my time on the PC Edition, similiar to Diablo 3 it would be a reason to pick up on Console again solely for Couch-Co-op. Would help to hype the Xbox Port moreā€¦ yet again iā€™d argue if they wouldā€™ve information or atleast be ready to share such information, than they wouldā€™ve done it already, so my guess is, itā€™s either not final / tackled yet, or they wait for a better timing for marketing purpose.

Just picked this up from the GD Facebook page

ā€œCurrently going through certification testing, which can take a while but weā€™re in the final stretch.ā€

2 Likes

YES! Thank you for sharing @medea_fleecestealer

Just now on GD Facebook

"The Xbox One port is going through certification testing. There have been a few minor cert failures so far, but theyā€™ve already been addressed.

If more issues emerge as testing proceeds, we will have to address them as well.

Other than that, it is progressing smoothly!"

usually how long does it take to certificate a game?

Mebbe Google knows. You can type questions into it. Often it provides answers in some form or another :thinking: Just a little something I noticed many years ago.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+long+does+xbox+certification+take

Long story short: It varies.

thank you, learn new things every day from people like you. keep going, go another forum to give some lessons to people, they need you.