[1.0.0.7] Bloody Assassin - Dual Wield Bleeding Trickster

Hello everyone, happy and crazy hunters of Grimdawn.

I’ve always wanted to create a Trickster, and i thank you for this build. Very fun and dynamic :slight_smile:
Though, i’ve given a few changes to it ; before all because what i was seeing in ultimate leveling was an actually lack of tankiness even with Mark of Divinity, Dryad and Primal Bond.

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28aWKVj
Gear choices : Hamerfall girdle in order to incruise Armor and Armor Absorbsion. After many test on dummies, monsters, bosses and Valdaran, I’ve kept Bloodsong, but despite Brutallax was great, i’ve prefered Empowered Gorefeast (9% ADCTH ; 15% chance of +819% Bleed damage ; +1 Chaman skills). I’ve found better than Oleron’s Blood to put the augment Bloody Whetstone.
Finally, despite of the ADCTH nerf, i have 19% (my pants is completly unadapted, i have to find a better one), all the resist are overcapped. Only stun reduction is bad at 48%.
Because of my ADCTH, i’ve given up Dryad and head to Mogdrogen the Wolf. Howl of Mogdrogen linked to Devouring swarms is greatly working … nearly to be a permanent buff. 1 point in Grasping and Entangling Vines to support Falcon swoop. Prefered Stormcaller’s Pact to Primal Bond.

The result is not bad, more tanky for those who prefers :slight_smile: Will test it soon in Crucible

Does anyone know what Relic the OP is using? I can’t find out anywhere what Relic he’s using :frowning: … and if no one knows, can someone suggest what Relic I should be working towards as a next best option?

Thank you!

I just started this build a couple days ago, still only level 32 but without a Relic still.

I think I was using Eye of the Storm relic.

I should have updated this build.
There was no grimtools back then.

Actually you can take huntress and rend earlier.
The devotion suggested on the first post is with assumption you already have 50/50 devo points.

The grimtools link provide by Kolonel above seems solid.
I have not tried it yet.

Ah, thank you much! Yea I’m sure I’m not understanding these new tools yet. I can and do read your grimcalc for the skill points though.

As far as the legendary set of gear and weapons, do they just randomly drop, or is there something I need to do, in order to get them or have a better chance to find them?

Relic are Eye of Storm
And uses primal bound for bleed build instead of stormcaller’s pact are nonsense

Yeah I agree, Crit Damage from Stormcaller’s Pact is too sweet.
Shouldn’t replace by Primal Bond.

Grimcalc and Grimtools are very nice tools, thanks to Stormcaller and Dammitt :slight_smile:

On grimtools :

• you can press ‘S’ on grimtools to see the mastery and devotion tab.
  • Hold Ctrl+Shift for “Skill with No Bonus” from gear.
  • You can also make devotion simulation, left click to add point and right click to remove devo skill points (Please remember devotion constellations have affinity requirement)
  • You can also upload your save char to auto generate it on grimtools, very handy!

I shall update this build for v1.0.1.1.
Grimtools link will be added, also I’ll post the devotion path taken one by one.

Builds in Grim Dawn sometimes depend on our toon’s gear.
Our gear define our builds.

Well about legendary…

• One of the ways for collecting gear is via making more toons.
    More and more you have toon that complete ultimate, more legendaries you’ll get.
    Our toon will be granted with sure Legendary on each difficulty completed.

And these one also helps :

You can also check here :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35198&page=498&highlight=trade

Build will be updated, here are a few new videos :

–> Brutal Assassin - Fabius
–> Brutal Assassin - Mad Queen
–> Bloody Assassin - Fabius

Brutal Assassin = Dual Brutallax
Bloody Assassin = Brutallax + Bloodsong

Brutallax got buffed compare with the old version.

Gear is with Full Bloodrager Set, and also Bloodrager combine with Nerfed Vileblood Mantle (Where’s Superfluff :D)

Cheers :slight_smile:

Build Updated for v1.0.1.1.
First post has been changed.

I’m confused about the debate between Primal Bond or Stormcaller’s Pact. I thought for a bleed build, the stats on Primal Bond look a lot better than Stormcaller’s Pact. Could I get help with an explanation on which one to use, and why please? The bleed damage plus the better defense, makes me think that Primal Bond would be better, but I am probably missing something.

Also, some abbreviations I can’t figure out yet… what does “MI” mean? As in “Good roll MI’s pants”. Also, what does this mean: “You can use NB cc skills like RoS and Blade Trap if you feel hard when facing crowded mobs.”. I think “cc” means Crowd Control, but not sure what NB, or RoS mean.

Thank you much on your beginner’s guide on tips on how to find Legendary gear. I found it useful as well as the links you provided helpful! Now I’ll make sure I find all the one shot chests too.

Just noticed you updated the first post, it looks a lot more informative, thanks for updating it!

Starting out today from level 43 in Normal, I hope to finish Normal tonight if I can, and make it into Elite. I got my ass beat badly in the Steps of Torment last night just after using the Skeleton key… not exactly sure why, but I think my character is still pretty weak. I hope after I find some better gear and put more skills in, I could do better in the future.

Primal Bond :

• gives Damage Absorption
  • increase Bleeding Damage
  • Less damage from Beasts
  • Constitution

Stormcaller’s Pact :

• Electrocute Damage
  • Crit Damage
  • Lightning Damage

At a glance, it seems Primal Bond is better for Bleeding Damage.
Well, it’s okay Primal Bond as exclusive skills, but we use it in terms of defense.
If we want more damage, we should take Stomcaller’s Pact instead, for it’s Crit Damage. This should be priority for DoTs build.
Remember now DoTs can crit when applied (different with the old version DoTs).
Bleeding Damage is DoT and can do crit damage as long as the duration take effect (Highest Damage get top priority)
Even Bloodrager full set gives +20% Crit Damage bonus.

For more information, please check here for details --> http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51898

MI = Monster Infrequents, are a special sub-set of rare items that drop exclusively from specific monsters.

Please check here :
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/items/loothunt.php#q05
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22266
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37986
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31396

NB = Nightblade
CC = Crowd Control
RoS = Ring of Steel

Nightblade’s CC Skills is very useful while leveling, especially in early level :slight_smile:

Sure, I hope you’ll get the better gear !
Just don’t forget the one-shot-chest :wink:

Personally, I went with Primal Bond, but I’m doing a physical/bleed build because a phys. build is usually better in terms of survival than any other build and easier to equip as well.

If you mean Physical Warder, imo Oleron’s Rage is better.
Primal Bond is okay, but I prefer Oleron’s Rage with it’s OA and Movement Speed.

Both Shaman and Soldier has their own “Bleeding” damage.
Bloodrager set is very suitable for Blade Arc Warder.

Bleeding Conjurer also nice.
Both Mastery has Bleeding RR.
I think I should turn my Lightning Conjurer into Bleeding one :wink:

I mean trickster. My first char was a warder, but at lvl 52 I stopped playing it as it was plain boring. Trickster has some other layer of defense in shadow veil and PB with the dodge skill, in combination with primal bond and the dodge devotions like Assassin it is pretty durable. Also, reliable physical and bleeding damage make this a breeze to play.

Thanks for the awesome explanation on Primal Bond vs Stormcaller’s Pact. Now it all makes sense to me. Also read that link, that guy was crazy to put together all that Damage over Time info in one place, I can’t imagine the time it took, but incredibly useful. So it’s settled, I’ll go for Primal Bond when I can get there.

I’ll keep my eyes open for Monster Infrequents too. Thanks again for the links.

I didn’t consider Ring of Steel, I will try it out for the large groups of mobs I run into. I hope a low level of it makes a difference!

Just started Elite, this should get more challenging in a hurry :p.

I want to thank you for the guide so far, and helping me with my questions, it’s made the game not only more playable for me, but more enjoyable too.

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

I really like this bloody assassin’s one (I just have allergy to brutallax :wink: )

It’s similar to my pierce/bleed trickster http://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqwL92d

Ah, thanks for the grimtools, I like that you use Ring of Steel, as it’s now become a favorite of mine to buy me more time in the fray. Also great to see an alternative to a very specific Legendary item, in case I’m not able to find one (which is very likely :P).

Thank you for Pierce/Bleeding Bloody Assassin, looks interesting :wink:

NB CC like RoS-CoS,BT-DB is nice isn’t it? :smiley:

Yea, RoS-CoS is becoming one of my definite skill chains after I run into a group of mobs, I love it’s really fast cooldown timer. I hope a low level of both of these skills is still worth using when I’m in Ultimate (I’m act 2 Elite now).

So, a couple of questions are coming up.

1. About the relic Eye of the Storm, I looked at all of the stats, and I’m not understanding why I’m going lightning damage by using this relic, as opposed to a different relic that does bleed damage. Is it maybe because lightning can cause bleeding, so that sources of lightning damage becomes a carrier for the bleed type damage? I understand now why Stormcaller’s Pact is wonderful even though it’s lightning (because of crit damage) but there is no critical damage modifiers on the relic, so I’m just wondering.

2. Maybe related, not sure, but for the Shaman skill tree, this is regarding the skill Storm Touched attached to Savagery. I see that both Safrel and Tz have points in it, Safrel in fact maxed it out, while Tz only has 1+4. Is this for the attack speed mainly? Or also because again, lightning might cause an additional chance to cause bleed damage?

I would have thought Lightning only causes electrocution damage, but the reason for equipping the Eye of the Storm relic has me searching for an answer. I figured the +1 to all Shaman skills and +8% Attack speed wasn’t enough of a reason I guess :P.

As a followup question, even though it costs energy to run it, I imagine you guys do toggle on that Stormcaller Aura on the relic and use it the whole time?

Yes, I take Eye of the Storm and Storm Touched 12/12 is for Attack Speed (All my grimtools link take 12/12 for Storm Touched)
Increasing AS will increase your DPS :wink:

Increasing AS make you hit faster (also increase chance for critical attack triggered), so the 1 second procs from weapon will procs faster.
High AS also make your toon get good enough life steal return.

Understood! I’m level 58 and can’t wait to equip it in 2 levels!

I’ll put a bit more emphasis on my AS then.

Also, I’m having a bit of trouble identifying what mobs are causing what damage. Some of it is easy to identify, but … maybe someone can confirm for me.

The mobs hurting me the most right now are bosses down in Steps of Torment and Undercity, on Elite Difficulty. I have not made it to the end of Steps of Torment yet. I think the boss that hurt me the most so far was guarding a Devotion Shrine right by the floor exit to the next level, if that’s a big enough clue. I suspect it might be Vitality damage? Or Chaos? It was pinkish/purple spells and AOE that almost one shotted me a few times.

Next, those pesky troll/goblin like mobs that are in the Deep, basically the large cavernous underground lair that is right before you get to Homestead for the first time. Whatever that pinkish stuff they cast on me is ripping me up so far.

I know I should work on all of my resists, but it’s been a little tough to prioritize and hit all the resists so far. After 60 I have a couple of pieces of gear that will help me, but till then I’m sometimes having to swap stuff around depending on my area.

I did find a Devil’s Cage Hauberk Legendary, and it’s totally cool for its granted skill that fires off every six seconds on any mob that hits you, melee or ranged. Good for leveling!

Perhaps you were facing Kilrian

Yeah you need try capping resist depending on enemies area.

A tips :
Try check Devil’s Crossing bounty table, take the quests.
Take the quest that killing Cronley bosses like Halion, The Rat
It will help you gain xp for level up and also increase your xp for Devil’s Crossing faction and for farming Fabius later.

Devil’s Cage Hauberk Legendary actually was my earlier Legendary I got back then :smiley: