[1.0.0.9 Pyromancer] Shar'zul's Worldeater Justicar

Hello and Greetings to all hunters.

It would be an honour for me to introduce you the build of Blackholesun, my old Pyromancer, who was taking dust in Devil’s Crossing prison with his couple of Exterminus. Since it is the first build that I post and i’m not very found of theorycrafting, i hope i will make it clear and pleasant enough to read . Also, i’m sorry for not posting videos.

Before all, i will say that the concept of this build is not only mine ; i want to thank Superfluff for the suggestions in his Sorcerer Ulzuin Full Set build http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53362

** Concept for this Pyromancer build **

• Tankiness and great survability even without shield.
  • No sacrified resist.
  • Heavy RR and huge AoE DpS

** Skill points allocation **

- Without +skills :
Demolitionist skills

Occultist skills

- With +skills / Devotion / Gear :
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EQqb2d
(Aether resist is wrong : overcapped +4)

** Gameplay **

• Thermite mine (45% Fire and Lightning RR ; 21% Chaos RR)
  • Blackwater Cocktail with High potency transmutor : linked to Elemental Storm (because of his radius and duration, BWC is by far more effective to trigger Elemental Storm than Thermite mines)
  • Curse of Fragility + Vulnerability (30% Elemental RR)
  • Flashbang : link to Eldritch fire
  • Firestrike
  • Meteor Shower : linked to Shar’Zul’s Wrath
  • Ghoulish Hunger : link to any permanent buff.

Notes :

• Brimstone at only 12 is enough ; more valuable to reach 18 in Explosive Strike as you have a good Physical to fire conversion. Also, AoE damage are mostly provided by Shar’Zul’s Wrath. Not by Brimstone
  • 10-15% of ADcTH is really enough

** Gear options and discussions **

Helm : Faceguard of Justice + Component Prismatic Diamond
Shoulders : Shoulderguard of Justice + Component Mutated Scale
Chest : Chestguard of Justice + Component Kilrian’s Shattered Soul
Gloves : Handguards of Justice + Component Unholy Inscription
Belt : (Defensive option) Hamerfall Girdle + Component Antivenom Salve
or : (Offensive option) Ulzuin’s Torment + Component Antivenom Salve
Pants : Warding Solael-Sect Legguards + Components Mutated Scale
Boots : Golemborn Greaves + Component Mark of Mogdrogen
Weapon : Shar’Zul’s Worldeater + Component Enchanted Flint + Augment Potent Solar Radiance
Ring 1 : Sapphire of Elemental Balance + Component Mark of Illusions + Augment Survivor’s Ingenuity
Ring 2 : Ruby of Elemental Balance + Component Mark of Illusions + Augment Survivor’s Ingenuity
Amulet : Empowered Essence of Beronath + Component Wardstone + Augment Survivor’s Ingenuity
Medal : Mark of Divinity + Component Aether Soul
Relic : Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm

Armor items augments :
3 Mankind’s Vigil, 3 Venomguard Powder, 1 Outcast’s Warding Powder

• I won’t say that it is an easy gearing or a newplayer friendly build, but it has 5-6 crafted items (depends on the belt’s choice). The longer could be to farm Shar’Zul for his precious legendary 2H mace, and a good Warding Solael-Sect Legguards to reach 80% Aether Resist.

• The Helmet’s augment choice : you have 3 viable possibilities. Runestone, Leathery Hide or Prismatic Diamond. I’ve choosen the last as BiS …

• The Belt choice. Ulzuin’s Torment is BiS i think, the most powerfull option. 70k dps with Blood of Dreeg active ; 75k with Burning Justice. I’m currently playing with Hamerfall Girdle for the gain in Armor and Armor Absorbsion … still have 65k Dps that is more than enough to clear all the content with security. A very confortable option for farming sessions.

• The armor set choice. Maybe not the taste of everybody, but for this concept Justicar Armor set is BiS for many reasons (flat fire damage, armor, resist, defense and so on), its granted skills is perfect. Near to become a permanent add damage.

• Ulzuin’s Pyroclasm relic has a very powerfull granted skill. Note that you’ll incruise your DpS with Annihilation relic but with an higher energy consumption

** Character informations **
So … for this price what kind of Pyromancer do you have ?

• Ulzuin’s Torment choice (With BoD and Burning Justice) :

• Hamerfall Girdle choice (With BoD and Burning Justice) :

• Damage per hit / physical and magical data (BoD active) :

** Pros **
High aoe and 1vs1 damage potency with great survability. Don’t fear to let mobs hit you they will trigger Kilrian’s flame proc or Ghoulish hanger. Don’t fear ranged caster they will quickly refresh your energy pool.

• 65k dps is not so bad with the Defensive option … More than 75k with the Ulzuin’s Torment Belt.
  • Very safe build : 12% ADcTH / 12% damage absorbion / about 50% Damage Reflection / +90% Armor Absorbsion / +2190 total Armor with Golemborn proc.
  • All resists are overcapped.
  • Blastshield maxed + Divine Light security + Prismatic rage proc + Kilrian’s Flame + Ghoulish Hunger : security.
  • High % of RR with Thermite mines, CoF + Vulnerability, Eldritch Fire, Elemental storm, Blackwater Cocktail.
  • You are able to play like a bulldozer and facetank most of the vanilla content. Crucible viable.

** Cons **

• Not so good OA for a Pyromancer with Blood of Dreeg at 16/16 … but do this build really need more ? Yes i know, we always need more OA :slight_smile:
  • Not so good DA only about 2k … No constitution Bonus. A good reason to choose the defensive belt to incruise.
  • Poor Stun time Reduction … but it’s definitely not a problem
  • Could be difficult to drop needed items, especially concerning Shar’Zul’s Worldeater 2H mace.

** About bosses / nemesis **

This character don’t have real problems. No difficulty at all against Moosilauke (hoarfrost ointment is your friend), Valdaran, Bennjahr, Fabius ; even with a crowd of mobs around you. Farm Port Valbury and Aldritch is a real and safe pleasure with this pyromancer. SoT and BoC are easily farmed. Because of his fire resists, Shar’Zul is a little longer to kill but not particularly difficult. Madqueen ? She doesn’t give any problem and is not long to kill, just have a good use of the Blastshield and Divine Light proc times.

** Closing words **

I won’t pretend anything about this build. But i find this Pyromancer tanky, dynamic, with a powerfull damage potency and great cleaning speed. It allows to farm safely all the content of the game without too much difficulties … as long as you have a good gestion of your Blastshield / Divine light times (doesn’t activate so much times …). And the most important : he is very fun to play :slight_smile:
It’s a crucible viable build, have done Challenger without any difficulty. Will maybe test it in Gladiator but i’m confident it will past this test.

That said, the choice of the best class that can have a good use of this weapon between Pyromancer/Sorcerer/Commando is another dilemma …
I will be very pleased if you can give me your impression and possible improvements. Thanks :slight_smile:

Attachment: Demolitionist tree.jpg
Attachment: Occultist tree.jpg
Attachment: Character infos.jpg
Attachment: Ulzuin’s Torment.jpg
Attachment: Hammerfall.jpg

You posted it

Grats on your first build, welcome to the club :smiley:

P.S

Consider adding this to build compendium V

Nice build !

(and as Ch’Thon said, add it to the compendium)

Leathery Hide or Sanctified Bone would be a better component for the helmet instead of Prismatic Diamond in my opinion. Specially Leathery Hide because of the 25% stun duration reduction

Agree

Imho it would be nice to add in cons tabs extremely difficult to obtain World Eater (don’t say for all but for me 90+ run to Shazzy gives null result).

Hi Seeman, this build reminds me of your sharzul commando:cool:

love to see people posting sharzul builds latelty and with more variety…

I think you can replace 1 ring with an entropic coil for more damage, but that’s just my taste

Damn, Worldeater, I haven’t seen that in forever, and I have like 50 skeleton keys crafted from farming BoC

You are right.
I’ve crafted 3 Justicar helms and cannot make up my mind in which augment must be definitively choosen. Prismatic diamond is a good choice for his proc and elemental flat damage ; Leathery hide is a very good choice for the stun duration reduction (especially when you have a ADcTH based character) and +HP ; Runestone just feet well with the resist and add % of elemental damage …

I’m still testing to see which is the most “well balanced” or valuable.

It’s already said in “cons” that it could be difficult to obtain needed items ; i could add a special word for Shar’Zul Worldeater.
We won’t make a big discussion about drop rate of rare items and random rules. I have dozens runs in Valbury … never droped any Decree of Aldritch. In the last month SoT’s runs, made 2 complete sets of legendary rings. And it already happens to me to drop Soulrender + 1 of the legendary ring in the same Alkamos’ kill. Farming rules :slight_smile:
Imho, that’s one of the reason why this kind of game is so addictive :slight_smile:

You are right, Entropic Coil ring is an alternative choice.
For the last week, i have tested it with one Lifegiver Signet. But the add damage is not that important. Chaos damage type isn’t the base of this build … it’s just a good add-damage.
Have also tested the Elemental balance rings set … Imho, it’s the real alternative. The gain in terms of damage is very high … that’s why i have one set in my bags … but the permanent choice of this set have an heavy price either in survability, resist and health points pool. Its a good choice to rush hard bosses like Madqueen.
Different choice in devotion could be a solution : ghoul + revenant = +10% ADcTH … but it’s an awfull sacrifice.

This choice finally depends on what you want to make with this build. I will not pretend that a couple of Lifegiver Signet is BiS … that’s my choice to make my pyromancer tanky enough :slight_smile:

Hello / Bonjour Seeman and Ch’thon :slight_smile:
Thank you a lot for your greetings.

I will consider asking a place in the builds compendium when i finish all of my tests.
I’m still testing augment’s choice concerning the gloves and the helm ; still leveling Fissure and testing it in every situations / bosses. Thanks to all for your advices or suggestions :slight_smile:

I believe that the choice of Flame Torrent or Fissure is set on what we prefer : a more melee or more hybrid melee/range fighter. Both works well with this build …

Although focuses on different skills, the gear and overall build reminds me of Zars’ Cadence Commando build.

I’ve tried both FS and Cadence long time ago (been actually using that build for Glad Crucible) and imo overall tankiness and damage is superior in Cadence version.

Nice build and double LGS :smiley:

Zars used Infernal Brimstone though, which does huge burn and thus makes sense to use with Cadence to have the biggest DoT hits possible. Kolonel is using Sharzy’s stick so his damage is most likely almost all direct fire.

You could’ve used Ulzuin’s set which will give you more damage than what you are using just don’t use the rifle. Still nice build

He then would have lost a lot of survivability and tankiness which is provided by the Justice set and that is lacking with a pyromancer …

By the way, he already uses Ulzuin’s Torment :rolleyes:

Because Sharzul’s WE wasn’t even available at the time and the devotion setup he used is mostly non offensive and he used that to maximize tankiness/survivability.

I’ve played that build quite a lot and huge burn DoT ticks wasn’t the case and most likely the purpose of weapon choice.

Depends, maybe for crucible. I made an explanation of prismatic diamond in the thread i posted.

The absorb(as strong as 12/12 overguard) and multiplicative damage it adds are insane.

And nice build:p

Very thank you for your greetings :slight_smile:

You are right ; Ulzuin’s set provide even more Dps. That’s why I’ve tested it, with the riffle (Brimstone skill then at max) and without (Explosive Strike at max). And then, the gameplay isn’t the same because survability is by far lesser. Also the loss of burning justice proc is an heavy sacrifice.

As Seeman said, what i’ve been feeling is that the biggest problem of this Pyromancer is his survability … no panic button like Mirror of Ereoctes or Blade Barrier. Even with Blastshield at max, defense could be the Achilles’ Heel of this character. And no “board” because of the choice of a 2H weapon. For this reason, i think but it’s only my conclusion, Justicar Armor set is BiS for this build.

After an entire week-end dedicated to test all the possibility of gear devotions and skill trees options, i’ll update the starting post … but now, have to go to work ! :slight_smile:

What if i told you Worldeater Pyro can do Gladiator crucible with relative ease.:stuck_out_tongue:

Just different devotions and moving some skills around. For worldeater it’s mostly all about the granted skill;)