[1.0.4.1] Dark Physical Pyromancer - Killing Grava'thul w/o Healing Potions - A Tanky S&B Pyromancer

[1.0.4.1] Dark Physical Pyromancer - Killing Grava’thul w/o Healing Potions - A Tanky S&B Pyromancer

Video :
> Hunting Grava
> Port Valbury (Valdaran, Alrick Magefire Inside)
> Bastion of Chaos (Benn’Jhar Inside)
> The Master of Flesh - Theodin Marcell (Valaxteria Inside)

After playing/testing several times with Caster like this and this makes my hand itch to play Bam Bam Style with Real Default Weapon Attack like Cadence, Savagery, or Fire Strike :smiley:

So I decide to try this one, A Tanky SnB Dark Physical Pyromancer

I called it Dark Physical, since it converts Chaos to Physical and also deals some of Chaos Damage itself (guess from what?)

Pyromancer usually a little bit fragile due to low HP from both of Mastery
But this one can defeat Grava with only 8K HP without Healing Potions
You can also see it adventuring in Rogue Dungeon like PV and BoC (I recorded Full Video for showing this Build Tankiness)

This Build also had been tested with Fabius and Mad Queen (Facetank Both)

Finally, let’s Bam Bam with Non Soldier (Nor SeeD) Dark Physical Pyromancer :wink:

Grimtools :
Dark Pyromancer

[1.0.6.1] Dark Physical Commando - Belzzzz Lokarr Lazy Farmer - Facetank Lokarr and John Bourbon Clones w/o Healing Pot

With Full Markovian Version

//youtu.be/hZMm2PUc-Nk&feature=youtu.be

//youtu.be/c5H2yWtFBDc&feature=youtu.be

Without buffs, only toggles

GRIMTOOLS

[b]Updated Version for Dark Physical Pyromancer in Commando Version by Belzzzz

Thanks to him for testing and let me know the results
This build already tested for Lokarr and John Bourbon Clones Lazy Farming

I’ll update this post if there are new updates from Belzzzz

Cheers :wink:
[/b]

~Reserved1~

Build has been updated :slight_smile:

Added New Video :
Last Boss Fast Run - Master of Flesh (Valaxteria Inside)

looks solid, but is there a specific reason not to take the mythical version of the black star of deceit, or just a slip?

Thanks,

At that time I used one in my stash (non mythical one)
Non mythical and mythical version has a very little different
They have same 15 Flat RR

Check this one : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRRXgBZ (use mythical version) :slight_smile:

Very neat.

I found a way to improve it tho: you can actually use Sailor’s Guide for more Phys Res/Slow/Freeze res and more elemental res instead of relatively useless lizzard.

Also, if you choose to utilize Transmuted BWC, your flat RR would be much higher and more reliable and you can use a cool relic like that

Thanks Lee,

Well Sailor’s Guide will make the toon lack of stun resist due to 1 point will be taken from Empty Throne
The build actually has already good enough Physical, Slow, and Freeze Resistance
Check here : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28a5JyV
If I have 1 free points, I’ll sure take the Sailor’s Guide

For BWC Agonizing Flames Flat RR :

• This will make me have 1 mandatory extra button
  • Also points taken from Flashbang will make less critical chance
  • BSoD is Auto (Free Button Pressed), gives Lifesteal, and nice Vitality and Chaos Resistance
  • Actually if I have more Devo points to spent, I will take Acid Spray than BWC Agonizing Flames

Mark of Kalastor is indeed good Medal for this Build, but it will less QoL due to more button pressed
This is a Bam Bam FS Default Weapon Attack Build, with less button you will feel more QoL when playing this toon :slight_smile:

Well, if you don’t to press 1 extra button once in 4 seconds I understand. :stuck_out_tongue:

HOWEVER, I wasn’t kidding when I said you have missed the opportunity to use Sailor’s Guide instead of Lizzard. You don’t need to unspend 1 point in Empty Throne, you have 1 point at blue Crossroads because Lizzard only gives 4 blue affinities. Sailor’s Guide gives 5 affinities, so you don’t need that point in blue crossroad anymore. And extra slow/phys res is never too much (I personally find that more slow res the better).

Oh you’re right Lee !
I didn’t realize I have 1 point in Blue Crossroads :stuck_out_tongue:

It should be like this :
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1jyxLZ

Bye lizard :smiley:

This is a very smart devotion path. I “retired” my retaliation Commando to try this combination of path + Reforged Beronath. And I really like it.

When I’m finished grinding xp for Fist of Vire and Light of Empyrion, I’d really like to have your input on how to tweak it for Commando.

I’m currently using Markovian set and Avenger Relic; War Cry for RR but it’s no CoF. Good RR will be a challenge I suppose.

2 questions :

1. Are Sapphire/Ruby rings BIS ? for the flat damage of Elemental Force ?
  2. As Soldier, no need for %stun in empty throne. Would Ulo (for Cleansing Waters, Nullification for the Poor) or Solemn Watcher be more adequate instead of Panther ?

Thanks for smart devotion path :wink:

1. Since I use Fire Strike, Elemental Balance rings indeed nice for my setup, also all Flat elemental damage will be converted to Physical. I can say it’s Bis for FS setup
  2. Ulo is nice, and Solemn Watcher is nice too
    If you want more DA, take Solemn Watcher

It’s better if you post your grimtools link, so I can have more vision about it :slight_smile:

Here’s my grimtool.

I don’t have the mythical version of the helm yet unfortunately and the Markovian shield (though Octavius does the job well). Components are good old ones before AoM (I spent all my Ugdenblooms on other toons this week, need to farm…). Blank items are greens with OA/DA and good missing res’ stats. Here’s my toon without buffs except toggles.

And actually, I never tried the duo Sapphire/Ruby before. It’s quite effective. I was afraid of switching because the ring slots are generally good for balancing OA/DA and res’.

I went for an ancient grove yesterday. A walk in the park till Gargabol, that One-Shoted me … It’s my first S&B character really at lvl 100 (Dual Gun and casters are my cup of tea) so thank you for taking some time to help my cause!

First, you can easily import your char in grimtools via “Load char from save file” on upper left corner button.
Dammitt make this tool very handy :wink:

Second, try your luck here :

Bring mats and iron bits, ask someone to help you crafting the helm if they already have the receipe.
Some people are nice, I got my first mythical Iskandra’s helm from friend from another country (trade with Skeleton Keys)
And if you’re lucky enough, one or two friend will give you “additonal items” for free, as they want to clean their stash.
It happened to me. I got 2 pieces of Lightning Defender Set from friend that want “Clean their stash”.

If you can get the mythical helm, it will be nice!
You’ll have +2 to all skills in Soldier

Then try this :

Grimtools : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDDprBZ

or this one for more offense with Bull Rush : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/m238D9BV

*Note :

• You can use Rylok Crest with any Prefixes / Suffixes, we’re aiming for faster Fighting Spirit Cooldown, we’ll use it for increasing our OA
    (You can farm Rylok Crest in Cinder Wastes)
    Bullwark of Octavius already support with this one, it has around 10% CDR.

• Invest some points in Markovia’s Advantage since the set gives bonus to it, and also it will be our DA shred.
    WPS that you invest more points will be likely has more chance to procs.

• I use Cadence as Default Weapon Attack since we have more bonus on Cadence then Fire Strike.
    Cadence is better in this Commando

• Change gloves component to Restless Remains in order to have Lifesteal / ADctH, Seal of Blades on weapon also works

• Don’t try the Mythical version of the Gloves, it will make our Cadence do Chaos Damage. Stick with the Non Mythical one or find gloves that increase your Attack Speed

• For figthing Gargabol, you need to avoid it’s shotgun magma orb right under your toe after it bows its head

• Play well timed with Overguard

• War Cry, Oleron’s Blood can reduce Enemy Damage, make use of them (You have 3 Damage Reduction Skills) :wink:

Hope this can help you :slight_smile:

I feel stupid … At least, now I know :p.

Second, try your luck here :
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67564

Not to feel stupid again, can I import my stash list of items ? I have 2 toons with stashes full of legendaries.

*Note :

• You can use Rylok Crest with any Prefixes / Suffixes, we’re aiming for faster Fighting Spirit Cooldown, we’ll use it for increasing our OA
    (You can farm Rylok Crest in Cinder Wastes)
    Bullwark of Octavius already support with this one, it has around 10% CDR.
  • Invest some points in Markovia’s Advantage since the set gives bonus to it, and also it will be our DA shred.
    WPS that you invest more points will be likely has more chance to procs.
  • I use Cadence as Default Weapon Attack since we have more bonus on Cadence then Fire Strike.
    Cadence is better in this Commando
  • Change gloves component to Restless Remains in order to have Lifesteal / ADctH, Seal of Blades on weapon also works
  • Don’t try the Mythical version of the Gloves, it will make our Cadence do Chaos Damage. Stick with the Non Mythical one or find gloves that increase your Attack Speed

I already have some good Ryloks and the gloves. The switch to Cadence didn’t occur to me.

• For figthing Gargabol, you need to avoid it’s shotgun magma orb right under your toe after it bows its head
  • Play well timed with Overguard
  • War Cry, Oleron’s Blood can reduce Enemy Damage, make use of them (You have 3 Damage Reduction Skills) :wink:

I don’t play his last phase (when under 10% health) well indeed => panic mode.

Hope this can help you :slight_smile:
It will for sure. Thank you.

Hey it’s nice idea, if somebody can helps make some tools for this, it will helps to make Trading List items faster and better.

Let’s say we can import our mule toons like we did it on grimtools, and the result is List of items in the stashes, cool isn’t it?

You should post thie idea in Ideas and Feedback section.
It’s really nice idea that surely helps a lot Grim Dawn players in trading :slight_smile:

I found what I needed (and more) by trading on the first day after posting. Here’s what I finally settled on:

GRIMTOOL (correctly loaded this time!)

Changes:

• I went for Doom (relic) instead. This is more reliable and more damage than Avenger (relic) + Seismic Blast.
  • I finally took Cleansing Waters Devotion (linked to War Cry).

I still wonder if, in a Cadence set up, some good Cronley’s Ring of Oleron’s Wrath wouldn’t be better though ?! I so much like the visuals of Sapphire/Ruby that I won’t change them nevertheless :smiley:

Room for improvement:

• Rings (?)
  • A better Rylok (Commando Prefix if lucky).
  • Some good old “of Kings” boots with a nice prefix.
  • More OA and/or life (-7 points in Zohlan to spare)

Boss list (for now)

• Ancient Grove and the Big Tree was a walk in the park, at last.
  • The new Octopus was very easy.
  • Fabius and Kapacubra: just like another boss. Easy.
  • Mad Queen was “normal” kite and run, I didn’t try the suicidal full facetank mode (though it would be possible with the lifeleech res’ boots I think).

Lokarr:
This was so hard and long but so good! I took him down on the first attempt and never was I in big danger to die, except when I got careless and excited when he was under 5% health. The lack of OA hurts a lot and I had to kill 5 or 6 waves of Bourbon Clones. BUT that’s also why this makes the encounter so fun, strategic, tactical and so intense. I now understand how the Devs wanted this fight to feel. With this build, it is awesome, compared to my easy mode 20 second Lokarr Purifier or my Mage Hunter in pray-for-Lokarr-not-to-crit-at-the-bad-moment mode.

In conclusion, thank you for helping me developing this variation of your build and having so much fun with it. With some minmaxing (my selection of components/augments could be optimised), I’m sure this is crucible material.

Finally, nice update for your Commando !

Lokarr’s fight indeed are “Bloody Fights”, you can check it on the description of one of the Lokarr’s Set :wink:

Yes OA is a bit low, but Markovian Advantage is really give you Advantage in this case. It helps reduce enemies DA

For rings, just stick with current rings. They’re really good rings

Relics, yes Doom is better, it has Attack Speed and +1 Skills

Thank you so much for updating your comando and let me know the results :slight_smile:

So I tried:

• New boots and Rylok “of the Dranghoul” for some more OA/DA.
  • I cut Zohlan and some points in Vindictive Flame to get Markovian and Fighting Spirit maxed.

Lokarr: the damage output isn’t on par with T1 builds of course but I killed him twice as faster as before. The survivability is even better. I could facetank him 95% of the time (the 5% being when 4 Clones + Burning clouds).