[1.0.4.1] Inquisitor Enforcer - Aegis Purifier - Gladiator 150-170 Tank

I’ve loved the idea of Aegis set since I first saw it. After trying out shooty purifiers long enough I really wanted to see that this setup can do and it’s quite amazing. The trick (as is with all builds) is not going too much in offense or defense and the result is very rewarding. Read explanation section to understand why this build has such amazing synergy.

Build got a good Buff:

[i]- Aegis of the Legion Set: increased damage on the granted skill, increased % Shield Damage Blocked to 33%

• Aura of Censure: added % Reduced Target’s Damage. This will mean extremely consistent tanking. Empyrion proc is not always there but Censure is. Devotion path stays the same because this great for this set and class combo[/i]

[v1.0.4.1]Videos: 160-170 Gladiator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x00lc5QCBz4&feature=youtu.be Map was chosen because i found it fitting with the set but some mobs really need fixing like council standing idle in spawn point. Lost quite some time over it which is annoying. I think normally he could do 9 min depending on mutators and if Kuba shows up or not

Grimtools: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62a6E8EV

Pic with all buffs up. Don’t let the dps fool you. It’s all about them WPS/Set Procs

Build Explanation:

The cool synergy between Aegis and Justicar set - You lose nothing. And this is because you have the shield. The helm Flat/% damage bonuses are all yours, making single instead of dual gun wield less impactful dps wise. The shoulder bonus, that 6% phys res is so welcome and adds up, lettin gus use Censure aura which is needed.

The damage - Is very good. This is because of the added bonuses from all the justicar set (as mentioned above) and the Shield passive bonus. But most importantle the set procs. These shotgun at close range giving very good bursts of damage. The set proc is actually a WPS, Giving you a total of ~ 85% of something cool to come out of your Gun. The Gun proc activates along with any WPS.

The endurance - This build can tank quite well and only now and then needs to back out a bit. As you can see in the video, stuff like 2x Reaper or wave 159 will make you reposition but that is fine, it;s normal. I tank a bit more than should sometimes actually.

It is very important that you get high phys resistance as possible because you will need Censure (and Ignaffar relic) to lower resitances in order to kill fast enough. ~% 30 phys res will do. I don’t recommend Conviction. Even if you break the set for Cinderplate Girdle to get more DPS via conversion, you lose the set WPS which is very strong. You can use Runeguard Graves and some pants with Phys Res as replacement for the greens. But get that phys res.

Devotions - I found this devotion pattern really good for this build, giving you the damage you need while making good use of the shield well enough to bring it almost to soldier level. When standing on overcapped Inquis seal you are very resilient and rarely need to back off. If you do don’t panic, Just walk a bit and set up camp a little farther away like in the video. I facetank a bit more to show the build’s endurance. Also kiting can be done better by someone with less lag.

Closing:

Have fun!

Aegis WPS and proc’s power actually surprised me, if I’m correct then it was thank to the multiple projectiles each carries its own version of brimstone damage bonus. My current offensive version can clear 100-150 in about under 18min, just stay close to mobs, even closer than melee range and watch the shotguns bursting them down :D, haven’t got enough MIs to boost my DA and armor up for 150-170 though. Great job on the build.

Nice build as always Superfluff!

Thanks,

Yeas the wps is great. although idk if each projctile procs brimstone, i’ll have to check. I know storm spread didn’t, just once with the main projectile in the mid. But i’ll have to check

I think it does, the WPS itself doesn’t look that great on paper but when all projectiles hit it deals insane damage.
And if it actually does I hope that’s intended behaviour :stuck_out_tongue:

Shield again, yayyyyyy!!!

When I saw your name as the last reply I somehow already knew what you’d say.

This can only mean we have too many shield builds, right? RIGHT?
I know u guys are smart enough to understand.

Please stop posting in my threads, Make your own. i’ve worked on two versions of this build and one is 2h and very capable in crucible. I’m getting tired of you really

Please stop posting shield builds, be creative…
Oh! u can’t, cause 99% else sucks. :undecided:

I’m getting tired of coming to this forum hoping for a cool build and all I see is Shield and Cadence everyday.

I’ll leave u guys alone, I promise :cool:

I literally just said there is a 2h rifle version of this build posted on the forum here.

Why don’t you be creative and post a build that works instead of shitting on others;)

99% else sucks? That’s why at least 80% of the builds that can Gladiator 150-170 are not shield or Cadence builds.

But keeping plugging your ears, closing your eyes and ignore this but still think Cadence or shields builds are the best in the game.

This build is creative. It’s not easy to make a non-dot shield build in crucible now and this one facetanks it. You can’t seem to read anything that’s not shield/cadence related.

no, what we understand is that you are a broken record that continuously repeats the same nonsense, no matter how often you have been proven wrong.

When you post, that is the one comment you always make so if we see your name, we know what is coming.

here’s to hoping you do…

So the devotion made a full circle and is back to light of Empyrion. I’ll need to check that LoE Menhir thing, at least it fits a fire build with a shield.

Yeah you get warcry basically and fire bonuses with that. As for the rest of devotions, they help your shield and DA needs. Inquis seal + Menhir proc gives you that toughness you need

Cocky mortal with measly dps :furious:

It’s not the dps you fear:p

He does not know de way. He is not the qween

clickclickclick

On a serious note, good build as always Fluff. Have you tried Aegis Soldier hybrid?

YesI have (commando) and it’s horrible. Less tanky( hard to believe but it is) and horrible damage because no WPS, let alone censure.