[1.0.6.0] DW Savagery Vindicator

thanks to Korsar for inspiration on gear (almost a copy) and Sir Spanksalot and Mad_Lee for advice and help on the build

Dual Wield Savagery Vindicator

vindi1

vindi2

tanky defensive version

mad queen 24 seconds

more offensive version, with thanks to Mad_Lee

alternative offensive version with thanks to Sir Spanksalot

this build utilizes lightning and electrocute damage for a pretty nice damage output as well as a strong defense (3745 DA, close to 20k hp, 95% armor absorption and overcapped resists)
it pretty much tears a hole in everything in the main campaign, except for ravager and mogdrogen
I however can’t really get it to do that well in crucible, the main reason for that being my playstyle, it’s just too enticing for me to facetank with this build which isn’t a problem in most cases but sometimes does get me into trouble
the other thing is that it works best when it doesn’t have to kite too much because of savagery tiers and inquisitor seal
and that is exactly the strength of it!
here’s a DW ranged build able to facetank most content

pros:

• high damage output
  • can facetank almost all content
  • reliable defenses

cons:

• not the fastest clearspeed
  • tricky in crucible
  • doesn’t do very well when kiting (for me)

damage:
vindi3
vindi4
vindi5

devotion bindings

wayward soul —> mogdrogen’s pact
inspiration —> stormcaller aura
arcane barrier —> arcane resonance
elemental storm —> wind devil
hand of ultos —> savagery
ghoulish hunger —> stormcaller’s pact

1 Like

made some changes, resulting in a much bettter MQ kill time
still not close to 8s though, the reason being that Korsar’s build leans more towards the offensive side and has more attack speed
my build is a bit more tanky

vindi6

vindi7

24s Mad Queen kill (I suppose I could have made it in 23)

GRIMTOOLS

Numbers are impressive but 55s Mad queen is sad :undecided:

Numbers are impressive but 55s Mad queen is sad

I think that has to do with the need to kite and get on that seal
however, until now I have played this with a controller and looking at the video I’m seeing that my aim isn’t always the greatest
I’m going to do some tests to see if it can do it faster with mouse and keyboard, don’t expect world records though… this is a ranged vindicator…

Hah, some kind of my old build) http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61616
I had 8 sec MQ with that setup.

it’s funny cause I really looked into your build just now, wanted to build a DW vindicator but had no clue on gear back then
so yours inspired me!
but they actually are quite similar
good to know that a faster time on mad queen is possible

edit: btw, you were mentioned for the gear :wink:

did some tinkering, resulting in a much better kill time

redirected from Spank’s savagery vindicator

@strukto - I was wrong about chilling rounds. Also, you should try the blood ragers cowl on your gunslinger. The 20% WD should apply to both guns.

for the moment just focusing on using bloodrager’s cowl
I’m not entirely sure if it is also BiS for this build
it does get me 20% WD on savagery for both guns, so granted it would improve my DPS
that is a matter of defense vs. offense though, compared to m. light’s defender helmet

m. light’s defender:

• 87% lightning and electrocute
  • energy regen
  • pierce & vit res
  • 9% increased armor
  • +1 shaman and inquisitor
  • flat lightning to storm totem
  • 12% hp
  • flat OA

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRnj64Z

m. bloodrager’s cowl:

• 600 hp
  • 5% DA
  • pierce & chaos res
  • +2 savagery (which is already hardcapped)
  • 2*20% WD to savagery

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b283BBzN

Your problem is not using Arcane Mines and also, not using chilling rounds. You are also using too many defensive components and augments. Like Seals of Resonance do literally nothing for this build. Stun resist is good at 50%, there is 0 reason to go out of your way and push it higher than that. Not using Seal of Annihiliation on autoattacker is a mistake as well. More attack speed and more damage and more ADTcH is your best defense here.

This is what I suggest you should use.

I did it with items in your possession. Obviously it would be cool if you get better pants, but all I did was move around components/augments/devotions/skills.

What you got at the end:

• Much more OA
  • Much more flat Lightning Damage
  • More ADCtH
  • Proper devotion setup with Ghoul and Arcane Mines
  • More attack speed
  • Awesome build that’s gonna shred

I would not however try and play dw pistol Vindicator in Crucible, it’s a class that is good for campaign, for crucible dual pistols on Vindicator is a bad idea.

EDIT: you can leave your medal on, I just personally think that more relevant resists + racial bonus damage + bit more oa outweight hard cap of Savagery.

thanks man! that does look pretty solid
a bit scary that you seem to know that I have the direwolf crest… :smiley: which I do indeed…

Like Seals of Resonance do literally nothing for this build

can you clarify that a bit for me?
because I have the idea that it actually gives me quite a lot…

+100% elemental
20% phys to elemental conversion
320 hp (which isn’t much of course)
2x the arcane resonance aura

not saying that I disagree that the stun resist is more than a bit over the top though

can’t exactly remember why I didn’t take CR
I had it initially, Spanks told me it was no use and yesterday told me he was wrong
I don’t remember why he said it was no use though, anyway, I dropped it
it makes sense to me to have that %WD and flat cold

looking at the devo setup mine wasn’t THAT much different though right?
it was indeed a bit tankier and that was intended, I think having a more offensive version is also very good

I completely agree with you on crucible, in fact:

cons:

• tricky in crucible

I might have been spreading misinformation tbh. I don’t remember my rationale.

I’m surprised myself. Will be the first to admit that I may have made a boo boo. :rolleyes:

Sorry mate!

As for the seal of resonance, I still think they are incredible. But I’m biased to them. Maybe swapping one out for seal of the void for better WPS procs might be something worth looking into?

I’m surprised myself. Will be the first to admit that I may have made a boo boo.

Sorry mate!

haha no problem!
I think that version is still a lot of fun to play
I’m indeed going to try adding seal of the void to the tankier version, as well as CR

I have been testing Mad_Lee’s version tonight and it indeed tears everything a new one…

I can’t quite see the devotions as I’m literally traveling back to cork as I type this out, but try including widow. Should be a massive DPS spike. You can use the link he sent or the one I used for my vindicator for some ideas.

I am happy I was correct with my bit of theorycrafting. But it’s pretty straightforward with autoattacking builds though. Like Seals of Resonance are much inferior to a huge flat lightning boost we get from double hell bane ammo. Same goes with OA, given that Stormcaller’s Pact users have abundance of crit damage, OA becomes infinitely more valuable, like more frequent crits would mean bigger and more stable health return gains from ADCtH. It’s how Fluff’s Ultos Conjurer works for example.

Unless you have 200% attack speed, I really think seal of the void is the best DPS component. Assuming a pre-componented value of 192%, and ignoring the WPS, 2x voids alone yields a 4.2% increase in DPS. (8 / 192)* 100 = 4.2

Now. Including the WPS…it’s a 32% chance of 130% WD which averages out to be a ~10% increase in WD.

Given that we have no physical damage to convert, I think 2x hell’s bane is less attractive.

But I could be wrong in my calculations. :rolleyes:

We do convert physical damage from Modrogen’s Pact and Steel Resolve though, besides that flat damage is extremely important for DW. But you maybe right though, maybe 20% extra wps chance increases DMG, this is up to builder to test it though, I would be very curious what are the results (you can test on dummy/mad queen, just make few roguelike runs and get a feel of it).

This is true. I really don’t know enough. Needs dummy testing.

I would have built it like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7M01aN

Dat AS doeeeeee.

EDIT: Changed the URL

On paper it does not look that good besides AS boost. Much less flat damage and 32% Burning Void proc chance decreases the chance of “real” WPS, especially Storm Spread (in which you forgot to invest 16/10 point to get extra projectile). Maybe one Burning Void/one Hell’s Bane would be the answer? (although I still feel that dual hell’s bane is the king)

Why would stormspread’s WPS chance decrease though?

The current total WPS chance is still only 92% unless I’m missing something. So, as long as we don’t go past the 100% weighted pool, the inquisitor’s WPS chance should remain unaffected.

I admit I’m biased though. I think AS is the shit on autoattackers because it’s a direct increase in terms of total DPS.

Someone would need to test both to confirm.

cough cough strukto cough

But looking at GT sheet data:

1. Build with 2x hell’s bane shows:
    a. max weapon attack of 11.3k
    b. 168% AS

2. Build with AS:
    a. max weapon attack of 9.5k
    b. 200% AS

So…(11.3 - 9.5) * (9.5 / 100%) = 18.9% more flat damage
And…(200% AS - 168% AS) * (168 / 100%) = 19% more attack speed

Lmao. :rolleyes:

TLDR: Same shit, different asshole.

Another way to look at it:
200% AS = 3.57 attacks per second.
3.57 * 9.5 = ~33.9k dps

168% AS = 3 attacks per second
3 * 11.3 = 33.9k dps

One offers more OA and better conversion, the other offers 32% chance of 130% WD.

I think it’s safe to say it’s a matter of player choice at this point.

My bad, for some reason I forgot that Inq. wps are 20% not 25% chance. But it’s funy if both setups are the same. Which I very much doubt. But maybe if Strukto tests it…